ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ELI MANNING BENCHED

I highly doubt they would have taken Eli out if he was playing well in the first half. Yes, that would been "taking a dump on a legend" as 05 says, and also too obvious a tactic to lose the game on purpose.

All that we know for sure is that Eli didn't want to start and (very likely) get taken out of the game.

Eli said what happened - they want to get Geno game time, so the plan was Eli would start (to keep the streak) and then Geno would start the second half. And then a quarter, and then a drive, etc. But Eli basically said forget that, probably because it's insulting and also for his own dignity, but also for the sake of the team, it's silly to have him start just for the sake of starting and then put the other QB in, he said it himself.

I highly doubt they would have taken Eli out if he was playing well in the first half. Yes, that would been "taking a dump on a legend" as 05 says, and also too obvious a tactic to lose the game on purpose.

All that we know for sure is that Eli didn't want to start and (very likely) get taken out of the game.

According to Eli's exact words - and essentially also expressed by McAdoo -
"I was told I would start the first half and Gino would start the second half"
- there wasn't any "maybe' about it.

Good luck finding an instance of a team going into a regular season game with a pre-established plan to change QBs at half time.

What the Giants dangled out the was an ugly choice - you can start ... but the whole world will look at it as a sham & cheap classless stat-padding - - - and NOBODY knowledgeable in the football world will fault him for declining and saying - if it is imperative to see these guys play - then go ahead.

These are the final nails in the coffins of McAdoo and Reese. McAdoo's offense sucks and Reese's O-line plan didn't work but benching Eli is going to work how? You can't be a QB in this league without an O-line and some running game. Just look how well Zak Prescott is doing this year without a running game now as they were almost shut out two weeks in a row. This is certainly not Eli's fault.
Don't be surprised if McAdoo or Reese or both come back. You don't throw
your two time Super bowl MVP to the wolves for nothing, if Mara wanted
Eli back he would have not listened to the two A HOLES.

I am starting to believe that in addition to McAdoo and Reese being a big problem I am convince that silver spooned John Mara and Steve Tisch have no clue how to run the Giants. Things had started to go downhill ever since they took over. Just think about the Josh Brown situation to Coughlin being forced out and now to this. This franchise has spiraled out of control. This is back to the time when the Mara's were feuding and the league hat to step in and make them hire George Young.
Agree, but I would like to add this to the above. How did G. Young clean up
that awful team? Simple, he decided to go with People with character, gave
all kinds to back ground checks, testing profiles and such. Reese gave his
money to everyone and anyone and couldn't give a crap about their off
the field behavior. Reese and McAdoo made a complete mess of this team.
and yes what the wtf is wrong with Mara and Tisch. When Reese took over
that team was loaded with all pro, and all pro type players.
I feel for Carl Banks.

Eli said what happened - they want to get Geno game time, so the plan was Eli would start (to keep the streak) and then Geno would start the second half. And then a quarter, and then a drive, etc. But Eli basically said forget that, probably because it's insulting and also for his own dignity, but also for the sake of the team, it's silly to have him start just for the sake of starting and then put the other QB in, he said it himself.

Have these guys ever seen Geno play ?
If they did it would be impossible for them to think that Geno gives them the best chance to beat the Raiders.
If McAdoo and Reese are still with the team in 2018 I just may have to start rooting for the Jets instead.
And that's from a guy who has seen Y.A. Tittle quarterback the team.

What’s the big deal? So he’s not starting. If he’s that upset he should call Whine One One and ask for help.

Are you praising him or $hitting on him because “borderline HOF” is a compliment?
It never ends pretty: Montana, Namath, Unitas, Favre, P. Manning, etc., etc., etc.
Agree, but I would like to add this to the above. How did G. Young clean up
that awful team? Simple, he decided to go with People with character, gave
all kinds to back ground checks, testing profiles and such. Reese gave his
money to everyone and anyone and couldn't give a crap about their off
the field behavior. Reese and McAdoo made a complete mess of this team.
and yes what the wtf is wrong with Mara and Tisch. When Reese took over
that team was loaded with all pro, and all pro type players.
I feel for Carl Banks.
Really??? George Young drafted Lawrence Taylor in 1981 - was he a high character guy? Dave Megget? The list goes on...

You know this is bad if Mike Francessa appears on The Dan Patrick Show.

I have a feeling Geno's going to be a pleasant surprise. You heard it from me first. You guy's are selling Geno short. This is a much more mature, polished Geno than we saw with the jets

I have a feeling Geno's going to be a pleasant surprise. You heard it from me first. You guy's are selling Geno short. This is a much more mature, polished Geno than we saw with the jets
This is not about Geno.

This is about McAdoo and Reese, one who has accomplished nothing in this league, and another whose entire career is the result of Eli, a guy who he did not draft.

The story is these guys should not have the power to embarrass Eli like this.

As per Geno, he is more mobile so it will help, but he will be dealing with the same issues Eli has, an awful o-line, and no legit receivers. So even if he has improved tremendously it will still be a difficult task.

Don't be surprised if McAdoo or Reese or both come back. You don't throw
your two time Super bowl MVP to the wolves for nothing, if Mara wanted
Eli back he would have not listened to the two A HOLES.
I think Mara will let those guys take most of the heat, and then boot them both.

Problem with trying to bring those guys back is the fan base wanted them gone before all this happened. Now I think there will be a complete revolt if they are brought back.

Ah, remind me, when has he played in the regular season this year?

Coughlin should pick up Eli in the off season and freakin run it down the Giant's throats next year!

& yes they play next year - hopefully that slicked backed jackass with the sunglasses is still at the helm.

If you look at just Eli's play then it's not such a big deal. But if you look at all the stuff surrounding it is a big deal. Eli is a legend being benched by a guy who probably won't have a job next year.
Right. If by some stroke of luck he proves serviceable he won't cost much. Doesn't hurt to find out if there's a bargain already on your roster.

Coughlin should pick up Eli in the off season and freakin run it down the Giant's throats next year!

& yes they play next year - hopefully that slicked backed jackass with the sunglasses is still at the helm.
Heck no. I don't want a reason to hate the Giants. Fire this guy, fire Reese, and let's move on.

And if Eli goes to Jacksonville and does well, that would be nice too.

OK towards the end, it sounded like more like Mike. I was waiting for the gotcha in the end. Maybe it was a cold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT