ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fan Brawls

Is most of this booze driven? At a recent football game I saw this guy take 7 trips for beer… I was shocked he could manage that steep deck w/o killing himself or hurting anyone. So much belligerence too … you could feel arguments gurgling just under the surface.

You never know who is trained to fight.

I told that to a Flyers fan who was running his mouth and motioning people to “come on let’s go” at Pru Center. One more step up he would have found out
Problem with fighting is if you lose, you could be badly hurt. And if you win, like that guy, you can wind up with a prison sentence. I suspect that one or both the guys he hit were seriously injured.

Problem with fighting is if you lose, you could be badly hurt. And if you win, like that guy, you can wind up with a prison sentence. I suspect that one or both the guys he hit were seriously injured.
You be surprised how alcohol can help you avoid serious injuries. Just like DUI, the drunk driver always survives.

You be surprised how alcohol can help you avoid serious injuries. Just like DUI, the drunk driver always survives.
I believe that is a myth. No amount of alcohol can overcome the laws of physics and the impact such laws have on people's bodies. Yes, being relaxed can help some.

The driver often survives because the safety systems in place around the driver are (or were up until relatively recently) better than the systems elsewhere in the car. Or because the passengers weren't belted in. Or because the driver instinctively reacts to protect him/herself, putting the point of impact closer to the passenger(s).

Is most of this booze driven? At a recent football game I saw this guy take 7 trips for beer… I was shocked he could manage that steep deck w/o killing himself or hurting anyone. So much belligerence too … you could feel arguments gurgling just under the surface.
Ive seen lightweights get sloshed after two cans and they start chirping. Most fan fights spark cuz the participants are lit up from boozin at the tailgate or bar pregame

I believe that is a myth. No amount of alcohol can overcome the laws of physics and the impact such laws have on people's bodies. Yes, being relaxed can help some.

The driver often survives because the safety systems in place around the driver are (or were up until relatively recently) better than the systems elsewhere in the car. Or because the passengers weren't belted in. Or because the driver instinctively reacts to protect him/herself, putting the point of impact closer to the passenger(s).
Plenty of head on collisions where the drunk driver is the only survivor. Of course I don’t have the full statistics so it could be a myth.

Plenty of head on collisions where the drunk driver is the only survivor. Of course I don’t have the full statistics so it could be a myth.
Even with the stats, the things I mentioned aren't tracked so we have no good way of determining if it's the alcohol or something else. So we'll never really know for sure.

I suppose if we knew the BAC of the passengers who died, versus the BAC of the drivers, that would shed some light on things.

Yeah #47, pulling a guy that is pretty much knocked out down the stairs face first by his hair and ear, then stepping on the head of the other knocked out guy, is is a real low life. He needs to be gang loved in prison.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Haha this is a golden thread. Heres one piece of advice. If a white dude is ever wearing jordans and jean shorts, keep your head on a swivel. The man has NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to prove. Cc: chiefs video

Haha this is a golden thread. Heres one piece of advice. If a white dude is ever wearing jordans and jean shorts, keep your head on a swivel. The man has NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to prove. Cc: chiefs video

What fan brawl has a better chance of happening ?

RU vs SHU in Newark or Piscataway?

RU vs Pen St football in Piscataway ?

It's why Rutgers fans of a certain age will simply never wish for anything but horrible, crippling misery and anguish for the Penn State program and it's fans. If you wore red in or around that dump in the 90's you were seen and treated as less than human and security would do nothing, NOTHING to stop or calm the mass harassment.

F that place. F it's fans. F anybody who tries to defend them. And F that vapid, in over her head, unqualified, Jack Palance look-a-like AD of ours who publicly APOLOGIZED to those vermin when we gave them but a small taste of what we were dealt over the years because they were too important to come to Piscataway.
Are you referring to when julie Herman apologized to pedd state?!

I too found that utterly pathetic. Penn state allows/ covers up/ enables child rape and our AD apologized when RU fans gave PSU grief for it?!?! Are you f’in kidding me!!! Still pissed. So friggin pathetic.

But that was Hermann

Last edited:
Not a sporting event, but I just saw viral vid of a ginger throwing haymakers and thinking he would be fun at a game

The strategy is to lose slowly and closely . This way you don’t get too hurt or go to prison and some may think you actually won

Reactions: Knight Ed
Those Canadian beers must have high alcohol content for someone trying to fight someone in full pads.

• Haha
Reactions: miket007
Not a sporting event, but I just saw viral vid of a ginger throwing haymakers and thinking he would be fun at a game

This one is great. Red head is just swinging and kicking at anybody within range, and dropped quite a few guys.

Must have some viking berserker blood in him from back in the day.

Reactions: ashokan
this thread reminds me why I only got to home games…
You already said that on the previous page, and as I responded with, you are very unlikely to have any problems unless you are being obnoxious. I go to an away game almost every year and have never had an issue anywhere. You can even buy tickets directly from Rutgers so you won't be sitting near any fans of the home team. Unless you can't stop yourself from antagonizing a fan of the opposing team, you shouldn't be worried about going to an away game.

You already said that on the previous page, and as I responded with, you are very unlikely to have any problems unless you are being obnoxious. I go to an away game almost every year and have never had an issue anywhere. You can even buy tickets directly from Rutgers so you won't be sitting near any fans of the home team. Unless you can't stop yourself from antagonizing a fan of the opposing team, you shouldn't be worried about going to an away game.
College is one thing usually the brawling is left in the hands of the kids...pro game is a different ball game it involves all the other horses asses. One of 2creasons I purchased RU tickets rather than Jers tickets. 1) fighting didnt want to deal with the assholes 2) didnt want to go to freezing games
Also BS I had stuff thrown at me at Eagles games Eagles/ Giants and Eagles/Rams and I'm a fan of neither and didnt wear shirts but was with guys that did. Didnt even cheer for either Giants or Rams. Just watched the games but got penalized I was with the other dudes Giants game we had quarters thrown at us. That didnt really bother me. Rams game walking upstairs to bathroom I got hit with a hot dog with mustard the guy was directly in front of me on end of aisle. It no sooner hit me I punched him in the face and jumped on top of him so I wouldn't get lumped up. Held on until cops got there. That guy actually got arrested as a number of people around me vouched for me, also helped I wasnt drunk . Granted that was 30 yrs ago

Good it was worth repeating!😎

College is one thing usually the brawling is left in the hands of the kids...pro game is a different ball game it involves all the other horses asses. One of 2creasons I purchased RU tickets rather than Jers tickets. 1) fighting didnt want to deal with the assholes 2) didnt want to go to freezing games
Also BS I had stuff thrown at me at Eagles games Eagles/ Giants and Eagles/Rams and I'm a fan of neither and didnt wear shirts but was with guys that did. Didnt even cheer for either Giants or Rams. Just watched the games but got penalized I was with the other dudes Giants game we had quarters thrown at us. That didnt really bother me. Rams game walking upstairs to bathroom I got hit with a hot dog with mustard the guy was directly in front of me on end of aisle. It no sooner hit me I punched him in the face and jumped on top of him so I wouldn't get lumped up. Held on until cops got there. That guy actually got arrested as a number of people around me vouched for me, also helped I wasnt drunk . Granted that was 30 yrs ago
Alright I'll concede that Philly is a different story. I've had a cup of fries thrown at me at a Flyers game simply because the Devils took a 6-2 lead.

Alright I'll concede that Philly is a different story. I've had a cup of fries thrown at me at a Flyers game simply because the Devils took a 6-2 lead.
👍👍 I'm good u could yell anything at me that stuff doesnt bother me but when you assault me I dont care how many threre are someone is getting hit. It did piss me off as I was walking to john by myself and at no time did I ever cheer for Rams could care less who won just went to go to Dalila's den afterwards😁 that's why I railed that guy once and jumped on top of him to protect my face from the surrounding assholes. Luckily up close to the lobby cops got there fast. Didnt even get thrown out but zero chance I was going back to seat just stayed up top

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT