ADVERTISEMENT

OT: As a cranky, old school football fan....

It’s the least enjoyable game of the season IMO.

I get why they do it… $$$$
And I don’t blame them

But from a purely football perspective, it absolutely sucks
Face it, it sucks because you know football is ending for awhile. That’s why people crap on it. But as far being an American entertainment spectacle in a dead time, there’s nothing wrong with it. Just embrace the game and stop complaining. You got Euro to look forward to! 😁

Face it, it sucks because you know football is ending for awhile. That’s why people crap on it. But as far being an American entertainment spectacle in a dead time, there’s nothing wrong with it. Just embrace the game and stop complaining. You got Euro to look forward to! 😁
Pretty much yes!

^^^^ This ^^^^

Unless I have an interest in one of the teams, I rarely watch it.

I heard 30 second spots were going for $7 million now?
I’m just about the football - everything else im not a fan of

In fairness im probably in the minority as I get into preseason games, attend spring games on the regular, am geeked up about the XFL/USFL merger and still miss the Arena League, but the point stands nonetheless

Change is the only constant in life. Technological advancement changes society and culture. I’m 65, get used to it. Either accept and evolve or get older and increasingly bitter. Things as you knew them will never last. The world moves on.

Mahomes is worth tuning in all by himself. Best quarterback I've ever seen.
#10 ain't too shabby either.

Not sure how you can say that. The last dozen SBs have been great games. This one not so much but 2nd half shaping up to be better
Agree and Yes -they have been good games recently for the most part. Not sure how old you are, but when I was growing up in the 80s and early 90s, there were some real turd SBs. The game had a real bad rep then and deservedly so, but that’s not the case today.

Reactions: newell138
I’m grading assignments and getting my weekly class messages ready…it’s amazing how something I used to love to watch has faded to nothing (as has my interest in baseball)

The only constant really is change and other than my one SF fan neighbor not shutting up about his niners (the dude is from northern New Hampshire)…it has been so delightfully quiet this week! 🙏

Reactions: RUScrew85
I’m grading assignments and getting my weekly class messages ready…it’s amazing how something I used to love to watch has faded to nothing (as has my interest in baseball)

The only constant really is change and other than my one SF fan neighbor not shutting up about his niners (the dude is from northern New Hampshire)…it has been so delightfully quiet this week! 🙏
That’s awesome that you don’t care enough but you still post on this thread. The rest of the world is interested in this thing. 😂

That’s awesome that you don’t care enough but you still post on this thread. The rest of the world is interested in this thing. 😂
I can’t get around it…people bring it up and I spend way too much time on this app…which, last I checked, was public and open to public commentary…pro, against or neutral. One can indeed comment on something one is not necessarily invested in simply because it is so pervasive.

Are you the content monitor and approver of posts…should I have asked your permission? 🤭

Reactions: RUScrew85
I can’t get around it…people bring it up and I spend way too much time on this app…which, last I checked, was public and open to public commentary…pro, against or neutral. One can indeed comment on something one is not necessarily invested in simply because it is so pervasive.

Are you the content monitor and approver of posts…should I have asked your permission? 🤭
No I’m not. But you still contradict yourself and make absolutely no sense in this post and most of your posts for that matter.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I can't stand all the side crap associated with the Super Bowl now. Although I do enjoy the commercials. As for halftime, I haven't watched it, including the game I attended, since they had Up With People strutting around in their matching outfits.

season 13 GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT