ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fauci

That’s the problem, if there saying everything is ok you know the :Poop is going to really hit the fan.

Reactions: ldwnmas
He keeps in good shape but he is 79. He's on tv everywhere and at all hours.

He has made remarks that its not easy being between medical people and political people.

Add to that that Fauci has had to go public dismissing media rumors about him fighting the administration (including Pence).

In general though, Fauci has been more pessimistic than optimistic.

“I don't think that we are going to get out of this completely unscathed,” he said. “I think that this is going to be one of those things we look back on and say boy, that was bad.”

Reactions: KevH and beaced
Which lead to the Picard face palm.
That’s the measured dignified part...

source.gif

And then he remembered, oops we’re in the middle of a press conference here.

You see tomato I saw tamato. :Wink:

Last edited:
Some of you guys are starting to sound like when the guy that headed up the Federal Reserve would carry a briefcase and financial "guru's" would try to forecast the Reserve's policy decision by how heavy the briefcase appeared to weigh....

Cmon he's being very dignified considering he's standing behind a 70 something guy with dyed blond hair and orange makeup who's making unsubstantiated scientific proclamations that he is called on to clarify repeatedly. I'm sure he's very tired and justifiably so.

He keeps in good shape but he is 79. He's on tv everywhere and at all hours.

He has made remarks that its not easy being between medical people and political people.

Agree with this. To me he looked like a scientist forced to do more public speaking than he is comfortable with and not being allowed to say everything he knows.

Agree with this. To me he looked like a scientist forced to do more public speaking than he is comfortable with and not being allowed to say everything he knows.

Fauci does a ton of public speaking, including testifying in front of congress. He is not uncomfortable. The problem is that he is trying to walk a fine line between correcting Trump and not pissing him off. That has to be stressful.

Fauci does a ton of public speaking, including testifying in front of congress. He is not uncomfortable. The problem is that he is trying to walk a fine line between correcting Trump and not pissing him off. That has to be stressful.
And trying not to laugh at the same time.

Reactions: UMRU
How about he would rather be working to find a cure than attending pressies and answering stupid questions from media ?

Pretty sure he's moved beyond science to the political realm at this point in his career.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLewis1968
It's shit threads like this that are making this board impossible to read these days. It's already flooded with Coronavirus stuff, which is fine, but now we have to start a new thread because someone has a theory that there is horrible news being hidden due to the fact that an old man working 16+ hours a day looks tired.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting, didn't know the extent of his public speaking. To me he reminded me of meetings I've had in the software industry where the engineers are presenting to customers but are constantly worried about saying the wrong thing in front of sales .

Cmon he's being very dignified considering he's standing behind a 70 something guy with dyed blond hair and orange makeup who's making unsubstantiated scientific proclamations that he is called on to clarify repeatedly. I'm sure he's very tired and justifiably so.[/QUOTE He has to be exhausted listening to Trump lie, exaggerate, and praise himself.

And that's constant. You can almost see him wince every time Trump makes some ridiculous statement.

Thanks for posting, didn't know the extent of his public speaking. To me he reminded me of meetings I've had in the software industry where the engineers are presenting to customers but are constantly worried about saying the wrong thing in front of sales .

I work in IT and also have a restaurant background. When I first starting doing IT work it amazed me how socially awkward IT techs were.

Reactions: Zimm80
I don't think he cares what Trump thinks of him. He's held this position through 6 presidents and he's 79 years old. He's dealt with many epidemics including Aids. Has always been known as a straight shooter. I listen when he speaks. Probably the least biased with no agenda other than getting the info out and setting sound policy. Plus he's been awarded the presidential medal of freedom in 2008

It’s a little of this...
It's shit thread like this that are making this board impossible to read these days. It's already flooded with Coronavirus stuff, which is fine, but now we have to start a new thread because someone has a theory that there is horrible news being hidden due to the fact that an old man working 16+ hours a day looks tired.
And a lot of this...
I don't think he cares what Trump thinks of him. He's held this position through 6 presidents and he's 79 years old. He's dealt with many epidemics including Aids. Has always been known as a straight shooter. I listen when he speaks. Probably the least biased with no agenda other than getting the info out and setting sound policy

Last edited:
How about Fauci like all the others in this task force have been working untold hours under enormous stress dealing with a pandemic that requires all the resources of the federal government to fight this problem while the economy has virtually shut down. And the man is 79 years old!!!!

Reactions: RU_DIO
:)Not too many people know Dylan's real name , I’ve been asked that question every once in a while and always brings a smile to my face , mostly by people born in the 60’s and late 50’s , definitely a fan of his.

Saw an interview with him days back where he said he was working on three hours of sleep the previous night.

And I had no idea he is 79. I just wish I have that stamina at his age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT