OT: NJ Shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRnj

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
A friend that works for the state just shared a text with me:

“State of NJ will limit social gatherings to 4, all bars and restaurants to close at 8 PM as of Jan 2nd. Orders in person shutdown of all schools and daycare centers on Jan 3rd.”

I hope he is wrong or this is a bad joke. Don’t kill the messenger.

Very odd. Holiday gatherings fine, New Years Eve large gatherings fine. Then days later this goes into place. I will say this. The school I work for sent every student home with a chrome book before winter break. We were told the only way we go virtual again is a decision by the board of health to close. The school is trying to stay open

“State of NJ will limit social gatherings to 4, all bars and restaurants to close at 8 PM as of Jan 2nd. Orders in person shutdown of all schools and daycare centers on Jan 3rd.”

Don’t think Murphy would be dumb enough to close schools over a virus that has no effect on children or vaccinated teachers.
As for bars and restaurants, that would be ludicrous

Quite a few cases in my grandsons’ school via the rumor mill. I know they sent home some work packets and their chrome books with them on last day of school. Assume they are taking precautionary steps IF they decide to go virtual on the beginning of the new year.

Quite a few cases in my grandsons’ school via the rumor mill. I know they sent home some work packets and their chrome books with them on last day of school. Assume they are taking precautionary steps IF they decide to go virtual on the beginning of the new year.
Seems like EVERYONE I know has it. Tons of kids missing from school week before break. Fortunately symptoms not much more than winter cold or mild flu.

Don’t think Murphy would be dumb enough to close schools over a virus that has no effect on children or vaccinated teachers.
As for bars and restaurants, that would be ludicrous
You don’t Zap? It is all part of the same game plan that has failed for over the past year. He figured re-election saves him for awhile and the teacher’s Unions are just looking for another extra pay day to their pension coffers. The best part is what is going to be the excuse used when those therapeutics hit the market?

Here’s a bigger issue and this is first hand knowledge in my family pre Christmas Mon- Tuesday - Thursday. 4 tests using PCR and 4 tests antigen . Results and comparisons 3 negatives first and 1 positive so then retested . Come back negative the 2nd time…opinion of testing office …there is a problem with the efficacy overall. There was and still is no plan in Oz who would think it possible?

Reactions: goru1869

No chance

Reactions: goru1869
No chance
I heard even before the break that this was a real possibility but didn’t want to announce it too early because a lot of people would go on vacation for the month of January and let their kids do virtual from there.

The biggest head scratcher for me in these types of “decisions” is the time of day chosen for the restrictions to go into place.

The last time I think it was 10pm. Why now is it 8pm?

What have learned in the past two years that makes this two hour difference more important now?

I heard that JFK Jr will announce his candidacy for the DC opening at the halftime of the Gator Bowl.

RU Campus Police Sarge confirmed it

Reactions: RU205
I heard even before the break that this was a real possibility but didn’t want to announce it too early because a lot of people would go on vacation for the month of January and let their kids do virtual from there.
No chance

This is not happening. Really bad rumor-mongering.

I cant see this happening, no way. And if it does we should all gather outside phil murphy’s home and protest it

Get new friends

Reactions: RU205 and goru1869

This seems untrue and would cause a major revolt

There is legitimacy to the school closure rumor. Certain districts were telling teachers to bring their computers, teaching supplies, etc. home so that they would be prepared to reach virtually.

Pretty civilized discussion on the board Zak57 . If you don’t like it don’t participate. If it is shutdown it wasn’t because it was anything beyond a discussion. Many on this board have businesses, have kids in schools or have other jobs which perhaps depend upon those places staying open. Funny that out of this entire thread only you chose to complain or chastise it is as said a lingering hypothesis of what someone believes is possible . Are we going back to lockdowns for a reason which does NOT make sense .

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT