ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Thanksgiving Food

What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

• Total voters
my other favorite Thanksgiving tradition (not actually my pic)
image.jpg

Reactions: Postman_1
Reactions: borochop
I make candied yams. Boil them, take off the jackets, slice in half longways, put in baking dish and cover with 1 container of maple syrup with mixed with butter and brown sugar. My healthy eating sister in law hates it but it is quite sweet and tasty.

Also I am right now making 2 homemade pumpkin pies with real cheese pumpkins. Tomorrow night its one apple and 1 apple crumb pie.
My mom used to candy the planks (maybe 4 slices per yam) in a frying pan to give em the crispy edges.. arrange in glassware.. then bake em a bit. takes a lot of time..

Many years ago I remember my grandmother making candied yams and yes they were great. Dressing or stuffing is also my family’s favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal. Dressing is cooked / baked outside the bird .Stuffing is cooked inside the turkey. Either or just enjoy the day with family.

Reactions: RUDutch
I make candied yams. Boil them, take off the jackets, slice in half longways, put in baking dish and cover with 1 container of maple syrup with mixed with butter and brown sugar. My healthy eating sister in law hates it but it is quite sweet and tasty.

Also I am right now making 2 homemade pumpkin pies with real cheese pumpkins. Tomorrow night its one apple and 1 apple crumb pie.
Yum!

our new thing to do is make extra stuffing, next day mix it with an egg and some shredded cheese, and pop it into the waffle maker. when it comes out, add turkey, gravy et al to make a super gobbler sandwhich wrapped in stuffing! flavor country

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT