ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite YouTube Channels…

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
I may be getting ridiculous with these UOUR FAVORITES posts. But summer practice is almost there so hopefully there won’t be as many.

But since YouTube IS a legit channel or platform for most to watch, what are your go to channels/pages that you’d watch when you have the time.

FOR MYSELF:
-Various football coaching channels that have helped me understand the game and teach those skills better. Probably too offensive/defensive line coaches, defensive coverages pages to list.
-NEW ROCKSTARS: The way they breakdown all of the comic book movies and shows is insane. Kind of reignited my comic book reading last couple of years.

Joe Rogan, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen would’ve been on MY list but they have moved on to Spotify and Peacock

BECAUSE OF GRANDKIDS
-RYANS WORLD: This is the YouTube kid who has been making up to $16 million a year since videos of him picking toys in a Walmart started popping up when he was 6. Now he’s doing science projects and other activities that kinda cool for little kids.

-EVOLUTION PRIMITIVE TIME
I put this on because I showed the kids that you can make houses out of sticks and mud. Now they all try to dig up trying to make underground pools in the yard trying lol.

-HOW RIDICULOUS
Three Australian guys drop items from golf balls, knives, to Thor’s Hammer and a boat through other things to see what would break first. Kind of therapeutic for me and the kids like to see things smash through other things lol.

There’s a couple of other YouTube channels that they like but I’m not little kids. Bad enough Ryan is on and I have flashbacks of Barney and Teletubbies with my own kids lol.

Reactions: NickRU714
Two of my favorites are Kitboga, the guy takes calls from phone scammers and makes them crazy. Hysterical and the scammers have no clue they are being played.
The other is Missing 411 which deals with the mystery of people going missing in National Parks. Pretty interesting and makes you wonder what happened to those folks.
I also watch a lot poker stuff from Jonathan Little and others.

Been trying to teach myself guitar for the past year so I have subscribed to a bunch of guitar channels. Also I check in on SpaceX progress daily-ish in TX via YT. Oh and Cleetus McFarland and friends for car hijinks.

Reactions: MrsScrew
For just plain old entertainment purposes:
Sam Holmes Sailing
JustTruckin
Joshua Fluke
Rick Beato

Home repair DIY stuff:
Home RenoVision DIY
HouseImprovements

Lawn care:
Ryan Knorr Lawn Care
Jake The Lawn Kid
The Lawn Care Nut

Small engine maintenance:
Steve's Small Engine Saloon
Bruce's Shop

Bald and Bankrupt: British travel vlogger who targets non-touristy locations with a focus on ex-Soviet locations.

Samcrac: guy buys wrecked, mostly high end cars, and attempts to repair them. Very funny at times.

Sailing Project Atticus: Young couple that bought a well-used sailboat with plans to sail the Pacific. Forced to tackle a lot of real issues with no safety net (they are NOT rich and they sail to the middle of nowhere at times). Very compelling, minimal melodrama.

Hammers Chat (West Ham): self-explanatory, two guys talking all things about the best football team in world.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Joshua Weissman ....... it's recipes/cooking class and everything is spot on.

For just plain old entertainment purposes:
Sam Holmes Sailing
JustTruckin
Joshua Fluke
Rick Beato

Home repair DIY stuff:
Home RenoVision DIY
HouseImprovements

Lawn care:
Ryan Knorr Lawn Care
Jake The Lawn Kid
The Lawn Care Nut

Small engine maintenance:
Steve's Small Engine Saloon
Bruce's Shop

Rick Beato is on my list. That guy is a music genius. Theory, guitar, KB, bass, but especially theory.

I may be getting ridiculous with these UOUR FAVORITES posts. But summer practice is almost there so hopefully there won’t be as many.

But since YouTube IS a legit channel or platform for most to watch, what are your go to channels/pages that you’d watch when you have the time.

FOR MYSELF:
-Various football coaching channels that have helped me understand the game and teach those skills better. Probably too offensive/defensive line coaches, defensive coverages pages to list.
-NEW ROCKSTARS: The way they breakdown all of the comic book movies and shows is insane. Kind of reignited my comic book reading last couple of years.

Joe Rogan, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen would’ve been on MY list but they have moved on to Spotify and Peacock

BECAUSE OF GRANDKIDS
-RYANS WORLD: This is the YouTube kid who has been making up to $16 million a year since videos of him picking toys in a Walmart started popping up when he was 6. Now he’s doing science projects and other activities that kinda cool for little kids.

I put this on because I showed the kids that you can make houses out of sticks and mud. Now they all try to dig up trying to make underground pools in the yard trying lol.

-HOW RIDICULOUS
Three Australian guys drop items from golf balls, knives, to Thor’s Hammer and a boat through other things to see what would break first. Kind of therapeutic for me and the kids like to see things smash through other things lol.

There’s a couple of other YouTube channels that they like but I’m not little kids. Bad enough Ryan is on and I have flashbacks of Barney and Teletubbies with my own kids lol.
Most of what I see on you tube is what my grandkids watch (ages 5 & 7)
They were big on Ryan, Thomas Land and Teletubbies but current favorites are Tayo the bus and Cosmic Kids yoga for the five year old and Dutch AmbulNces and German dudes running RC construction equipment for the 7 year old.

Rick Beato is on my list. That guy is a music genius. Theory, guitar, KB, bass, but especially theory.
I really enjoyed his "What Makes This Song Great?" series. Music Theory can be pretty cut-and-dried to most folks, but when he breaks down great rock songs we all know & love and completely breaks it down track-by-track and sometimes chord by chord like a teacher to a student...incredible wealth of knowledge he is sharing.

I really enjoyed his "What Makes This Song Great?" series. Music Theory can be pretty cut-and-dried to most folks, but when he breaks down great rock songs we all know & love and completely breaks it down track-by-track and sometimes chord by chord like a teacher to a student...incredible wealth of knowledge he is sharing.
Whole Lotta Love
-all 4 band members excelling individually and collectively

I've gone down wormholes watching the Charismatic Voice. She's a vocal coach/opera singer who listens to metal singers for the first time and analyzes them. She's easy on the eyes as well.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Been trying to teach myself guitar for the past year so I have subscribed to a bunch of guitar channels. Also I check in on SpaceX progress daily-ish in TX via YT. Oh and Cleetus McFarland and friends for car hijinks.
Which guitar channels? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Streetbeefs. I'm 0 and 0 in Satan's backyard. One day I'll grow up and go for something more cerebral.

Reactions: NewJerseyGuy

FOR MYSELF:

BECAUSE OF GRANDKIDS

-HOW RIDICULOUS

My 4 year old daughter a couple nights ago while making pancakes.
I was pouring water and oil into the same measuring cup.

Her: Look. Water and Oil don't mix.
Me: That's right! Do you know why?
Her: Ya. They have different densities.
Me: Did you learn that at school?
Her: No. Ryan taught me.

Note - she watches on her AmazonFire. We don't let them go on YT Kids - a lot of weird crap on there.

Lately I've gotten into:

"Miami Dock Launch" videos - watching someone's truck roll backwards into the water is a little funny.

"Haulover Inlet Crossings" - A super choppy Inlet near Miami that frequently has inexperienced boaters almost sink and barely make it through.

LockPickingLawyer - demonstrates how easily basically every lock is super easy to pick or bypass.
TSA Locks are the absolute worst and should never be used for "security".

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
The history underground

We are Tottenham TV
If you like vlog style channels, check out Smiv On the Road.
This guy goes to all different grounds including non league all the way to the Prem. He vlogs the game day experience and rates the atmosphere, food, facilities and if it is value for money.
He's been doing it for some time now, obviously last season was different but he has loads of episodes, and will be resuming normal service this season with fans back. He keeps the videos around 10-15 minutes.

Reactions: famousbill19
I'm a sucker for those The Dodo animal rescue videos.

I also follow Phil Hughes sports card channel Phil's Pulls. Since the card industry has priced me out, I just live vicariously through his box breaks and collection.

Whiskey Tribe, Bourbon Pursuit and Bourbon Junkies for bottle reviews.

The Dodo; one of the few that makes humanity seem worth existing!

I’m not subscribed to a single channel, but this one is often recommended.

Yep. Totally agree.

I had some music theory in HS (some) but now seeing his mastery of the subject is just awe inspiring and really helpful to understand the things that underlie that friggin instrument I'm trying to play. LOL

The Dodo; one of the few that makes humanity seem worth existing!

I’m not subscribed to a single channel, but this one is often recommended.

I get too emotional with animal rescue vids. I hate seeing animals suffer. I can't watch them.

I get too emotional with animal rescue vids. I hate seeing animals suffer. I can't watch them.
But they’re happy endings! (Yes the beginning of those vids can be difficult, I’ll concede)

Bald and Bankrupt: British travel vlogger who targets non-touristy locations with a focus on ex-Soviet locations.

Samcrac: guy buys wrecked, mostly high end cars, and attempts to repair them. Very funny at times.

Sailing Project Atticus: Young couple that bought a well-used sailboat with plans to sail the Pacific. Forced to tackle a lot of real issues with no safety net (they are NOT rich and they sail to the middle of nowhere at times). Very compelling, minimal melodrama.

Hammers Chat (West Ham): self-explanatory, two guys talking all things about the best football team in world.
Love Bald and Bankrupt.

History Worth Remembering- short summaries of mostly forgotten historical events.
History buffs- movie reviews of history based movies

Which guitar channels? I'm trying to do the same thing.
Good luck to all those learning to play the guitar, it’s a fabulous hobby which is challenging, fun and mind expanding. I’ve been playing seriously for about 15 years and started in mid life after messing around learning as a teenager. There are more ways then ever to learn and acquire knowledge. Youtube has many people who are advanced who can help. I like Rick Beato, StichMethod Guitar , Marty Schwartz, James James among others. An important part of learning is to improve your musical ear. Try to learn songs or parts of songs by listening once you get some of the basic stuff down after a few years.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Gamers Nexus - computer and game teach

Scotty Kilmer - car guy

Outkick - sports editorial

Flossy Carter - tech reviews with hoody appeal and a cat - from the streets of Jamaica NY

Survival Lilly - good camp gear stuff from girl in the Austrian forest.

Dr Berry - Keto MD

Trisha Hershberger -Smart gamer hen with magical baps

Elliot Hulse - excellent workout guy who also does good bro-chat

Worth A Buy - no nonsense game reviews

Peak Prosperity - Cornell MBA with PhD in neurotoxicology - best virus stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2-QVBQi48RRQTD4Jhxu8w

Catplant ASMR - gamer girl asmr

laowhy86 - THE best insights into China from a young American who lived there 10 years

People's Pundit - most accurate pollster (Baris) does shows with Wesley Snipe's lawyer (Barnes) - sharpest guys on politics

Good luck to all those learning to play the guitar, it’s a fabulous hobby which is challenging, fun and mind expanding. I’ve been playing seriously for about 15 years and started in mid life after messing around learning as a teenager. There are more ways then ever to learn and acquire knowledge. Youtube has many people who are advanced who can help. I like Rick Beato, StichMethod Guitar , Marty Schwartz, James James among others. An important part of learning is to improve your musical ear. Try to learn songs or parts of songs by listening once you get some of the basic stuff down after a few years.

Yeah good points. I as I posted earlier I studied intro music theory in HS and played Bass for about 10 years through my teens so I have a decent though somewhat forgotten theory background. Funny thing is I could always work out melodies on a keyboard or bass lines on bass so my ear exists. I've learned many open string chords, barre chords, major and minor pentatonics for "soloing". Right now I'm focusing on quickening my chord changes. Basic stuff. Learning some riffs via Ultimate Guitar. But my "education" is spread around a couple of YT guitars guys in addition to Beato's theory stuff.

I'm enjoying the process of getting better and learning as much as occasionally making "music sounds". ; )

@MrsScrew tries to be supportive even though she's forced to listen to most of it.

HOW RIDICULOUS: Good “science” channel if you like things getting smashed, melted, split apart, etc.

This is the reason we have to watch one of my granddaughters try to build an underground pool and a fire pit out of sticks and mud lol. FWIW, the way these guys build these houses is insane.

Reactions: cshelley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT