ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite YouTube Channels…

Sniper Wolf. Forever grateful to my granddaughter for having it on when I happened into the room

For just plain old entertainment purposes:
Sam Holmes Sailing
JustTruckin
Joshua Fluke
Rick Beato

Home repair DIY stuff:
Home RenoVision DIY
HouseImprovements

Lawn care:
Ryan Knorr Lawn Care
Jake The Lawn Kid
The Lawn Care Nut

Small engine maintenance:
Steve's Small Engine Saloon
Bruce's Shop
Love Rick Beato's passion.
Also love Mike Pachelli's channel.

Last edited:
Yeah good points. I as I posted earlier I studied intro music theory in HS and played Bass for about 10 years through my teens so I have a decent though somewhat forgotten theory background. Funny thing is I could always work out melodies on a keyboard or bass lines on bass so my ear exists. I've learned many open string chords, barre chords, major and minor pentatonics for "soloing". Right now I'm focusing on quickening my chord changes. Basic stuff. Learning some riffs via Ultimate Guitar. But my "education" is spread around a couple of YT guitars guys in addition to Beato's theory stuff.

I'm enjoying the process of getting better and learning as much as occasionally making "music sounds". ; )

@MrsScrew tries to be supportive even though she's forced to listen to most of it.
Sounds great and you are on your way! Good luck.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Gamers Nexus - computer and game teach

Scotty Kilmer - car guy

Outkick - sports editorial

Flossy Carter - tech reviews with hoody appeal and a cat - from the streets of Jamaica NY

Survival Lilly - good camp gear stuff from girl in the Austrian forest.

Dr Berry - Keto MD

Trisha Hershberger -Smart gamer hen with magical baps

Elliot Hulse - excellent workout guy who also does good bro-chat

Worth A Buy - no nonsense game reviews

Peak Prosperity - Cornell MBA with PhD in neurotoxicology - best virus stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2-QVBQi48RRQTD4Jhxu8w

Catplant ASMR - gamer girl asmr

laowhy86 - THE best insights into China from a young American who lived there 10 years

People's Pundit - most accurate pollster (Baris) does shows with Wesley Snipe's lawyer (Barnes) - sharpest guys on politics
I was one year older than Elliot Hulse in high school. I get a kick out of seeing who he's developed into as an adult.

Reactions: ashokan
I really enjoy this guy's videos - The Professor of Rock. He basically interviews music stars from the 1980s and late 1970s and most videos are a version of "how did this song get made?" He's a great interviewer.

He's had two channels: Professor of Rock (current) and ProfessorOfRockVEVO (older)

PostmodernJukebox - I think this channel is pretty well-known now, but they do great covers of hit songs, but they arrange the song so it's in a completely different musical style thank the originals.

Jomboy, Blancolirio, Agadmator and Gotham Chess along with already mentioned Mark Felton Rick Beato and Professor of Rock. Honorable mention to the guy who exposes the Call Centers in India and KM music videos.

Jomboy, Blancolirio, Agadmator and Gotham Chess along with already mentioned Mark Felton Rick Beato and Professor of Rock. Honorable mention to the guy who exposes the Call Centers in India and KM music videos.
Jomboy is great but I only watch for those comedic voiceovers from games etc

I may be getting ridiculous with these UOUR FAVORITES posts. But summer practice is almost there so hopefully there won’t be as many.

But since YouTube IS a legit channel or platform for most to watch, what are your go to channels/pages that you’d watch when you have the time.

FOR MYSELF:
-Various football coaching channels that have helped me understand the game and teach those skills better. Probably too offensive/defensive line coaches, defensive coverages pages to list.
-NEW ROCKSTARS: The way they breakdown all of the comic book movies and shows is insane. Kind of reignited my comic book reading last couple of years.

Joe Rogan, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen would’ve been on MY list but they have moved on to Spotify and Peacock

BECAUSE OF GRANDKIDS
-RYANS WORLD: This is the YouTube kid who has been making up to $16 million a year since videos of him picking toys in a Walmart started popping up when he was 6. Now he’s doing science projects and other activities that kinda cool for little kids.

-EVOLUTION PRIMITIVE TIME
I put this on because I showed the kids that you can make houses out of sticks and mud. Now they all try to dig up trying to make underground pools in the yard trying lol.

-HOW RIDICULOUS
Three Australian guys drop items from golf balls, knives, to Thor’s Hammer and a boat through other things to see what would break first. Kind of therapeutic for me and the kids like to see things smash through other things lol.

There’s a couple of other YouTube channels that they like but I’m not little kids. Bad enough Ryan is on and I have flashbacks of Barney and Teletubbies with my own kids lol.
I have watch the How Ridiculous guys for awhile with my teens — good stuff and seem like good guys

Casually looking for a good Jeep restoration channel. Anyone have any? I've had a love of Jeeps since I was a teenager (my first car was a 1990 Wrangler), but have back-burnered it for the last decade and a 1/2 because I was busy with life. Now I'm slowly getting back to a place where I could get back into a project and am looking to immerse myself again.

I'm poking around Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist getting ideas on what's for sale, mainly interested in CJ7s and YJs 1995 or earlier.

I really enjoy this guy's videos - The Professor of Rock. He basically interviews music stars from the 1980s and late 1970s and most videos are a version of "how did this song get made?" He's a great interviewer.

He's had two channels: Professor of Rock (current) and ProfessorOfRockVEVO (older)

Yeah he's pretty good but has a weird speech thing going on. And reminds me of Pinfield.

I was one year older than Elliot Hulse in high school. I get a kick out of seeing who he's developed into as an adult.

Dude even changed his voice. I saw older videos from before I knew of him and his voice was higher. He made a vid about how to change your voice. Elliot has no gap between theory and practice. If he sees a good idea he's acting on it. I first got a lot out of him from his posture videos. He's doing a lot of metaphysics and culture now but he's still tops as a trainer (grad degrees from St John's)

Last edited:
Reactions: rurichdog
Tico and The Man is pretty good. Guy plays classic rock on his guitar and parrot joins him

Tico and The Man is pretty good. Guy plays classic rock on his guitar and parrot joins him
Shoot… gotta check this out.

BTW, saw my forum name and was like WTH did I do? Kinda like a couple of weeks ago when I almost soiled on myself after seeing my name trending on Twitter. Thankfully it was someone else who made history 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Not sure if he’s just on Facebook or also YouTube but mark robers videos are awesome. Making science fun

Ken tamplin vocal guy who breaks down isolated vocal tracks of hit songs

So glad you brought this up. I literally had the same idea the other day.
New Rockstars is the best breakdown of Marvel movies
Agadmator is a great chess channel and one I watch the most
Hoof GP. No idea why I watch it but it's good.
How it should have ended is really funny
Chris Ramsey solves cool puzzles

Deermeatfordinner - Robert Arrington is a Jupiter, FL-based outdoorsman who does a series of catch, clean and cook videos around the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT