ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

SPOILER

Jon Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne?
Nice twist, didn't see the Rhaegar annulment and subsequent secret marriage coming.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Having read some leaked info about episode 6 it should live up to some of the other penultimate episodes in the series.
With only next week and the big season finale left.. I am officially disappointed. They made us wait a loooong time for this season and it is too short.

Its like if GRRM's next book in the series is more of a novella than his usual volume.

Jon is not a bastard confirmed by Gilly?? Until Sam interrupt her.. But I think he gave that book to little Sam who may still have it.

The Dragon knows.. But he can't speak English.

Little finger trying to get the girls to turn in each other...

Jon and his superfriends are going on an ill advised mission... No way that ends well..

Please don't spoil the next episode.

Getting a little old that LF gets away with all his crap and also Cersei isn't dead yet.

Jamie just walks away to KL with no one seeing him?
BTW , Sam is now Lord Tarley
Jon "mines" the dragon glass and only brings a box or two home? Why didn't we see him outfitting his team with dragon glass?

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I am a little behind on delay.. but I think I just found out (from Gilly reading) that Jon Snow is not even a bastard... and why was he a "snow" at all? He was born in Dorne. Looks like he is the rightful Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne!
Doesn't seem that way.....he is full Targaryen via wedded bliss!

Please don't spoil the next episode.

You mean like guessing what's gonna happen?

Lets see..

-Sam returns home and finds he is now Lord Tarly.
-I may be confusing book vs TV show on this one... but isn't Gilly and Sam's "kid" not actually Gilly's kid (with her father, Craster). In one of these they traded babies to protect Mance Rayders child.. or something like that.
- someone's sword has to burst into flames.. and BenJen Stark must return... right?
- Maybe the dragon shows up to save Jon and company.. without Dany.. there being a mind connection now.. or maybe Bran sends him
- Arya's got to face change to catch Littlefinger at his worst

Great... 6 scripts.. so fewer episodes again. I blame GRRM.. if he had finished his next book that would have required *something* of the TV show... the show writers would have worked fast and their would likely be more and better episodes.
GRRM lost his way with the books, just like Robert Jordan with the Wheel of Time. But 6 episodes should be fine, rumors say they are all over an hour and the finale is a full 2 hours.

Reactions: ScarletKnight81
um.. that is exactly what I said.. so what "doesn't seem that way?"... FULL Targaryen? What does that mean? His mother was Lyana Stark and I think we learned that Rhaegar married her secretly.. which makes sense. But she was in Dorne at the Tower of Joy. We know. I think, that Jon is not a bastard now.. but my point was, when he was thought to be a bastard.. why was he a "Snow".. meaning a bastard born in the north.

Hmmm.. I guess that was part of his disguise to protect him.. as a Targaryen Robert Baratheon would have had him killed.

GRRM lost his way with the books, just like Robert Jordan with the Wheel of Time. But 6 episodes should be fine, rumors say they are all over an hour and the finale is a full 2 hours.
Perhaps GRRM needed to go back and write all that historical background stuff to re-center his story and be able to tie it up properly.

Somoen may need to produce a GoT.. "what we know.. the story so far" video/episode in order to set up the last season.

From a macro perspective the Jon Snow thing makes no sense.

If John were the natural born son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, then Ned obviously would have known that. And Robert would have known, as well. So why, after teaming up with the Lannisters to kill (almost) all the Targaryens did the two brothers in battle concoct some elaborate story about Jon's lineage and let him live?

Yes, everyone needs to calm down. There are plot holes to every movie and every TV series (especially fantasy ones). A dragon just went dragon! And there are two more dragons just chilling. Enjoy the ride and stop nitpicking. :)
A dragon too many is the problem.

SPOILER

Nice twist, didn't see the Rhaegar annulment and subsequent secret marriage coming.
How did I miss this in the episode? Where was this discussed ?

If John were the natural born son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, then Ned obviously would have known that. And Robert would have known, as well. So why, after teaming up with the Lannisters to kill (almost) all the Targaryens did the two brothers in battle concoct some elaborate story about Jon's lineage and let him live?
Robert didn't know. It was Lyanna's last request to Ned to hide the secret and keep her son safe. Ned claimed him as his bastard.

Great... 6 scripts.. so fewer episodes again. I blame GRRM.. if he had finished his next book that would have required *something* of the TV show... the show writers would have worked fast and their would likely be more and better episodes.

*SPOILERS*

I think it's 7 episodes for HBO to save money. You can't put the pacing this fast on the show and make the shows longer and then claim that there wasn't enough going on.

The original contracts were for 6 years and like for the Sopranos, they really have to shell out a lot of money to the top stars. HBO makes same money for 10 episodes than 7.

It really does stink, now I still believe the whole point of Dorne *Spoilers* is show Daneys is not a Targaryen and is a bastard. GRRM I still think wants to make a bastard and king and a queen a bastard.

Long story short Brandon Stark supposed to wed Cat, tourney of Harrenhal, Lynna falls in love with Rhaegar when he unmasks her as mystery knight, Ned falls in love with Ashara. Brandon later dies, Ned is forced to marry Cat. Ashara loves Ned, refuses to tell him where his sister is unless he loves her, he does concieves Daneys, Ashara tells Ned where to find her brother Arthur Dayne, Ned rescues Lyanna finds Jon Snow. Chooses to bring back Jon Snow, Daneys is raised in Dorne with Ashara.

Later on when Robert wants Daeneys killed, that's why Ned resigns, because its his child and after all Robert has done, it's that that makes Ned break with Robert.

They keep going to crypts of winterfell and I think they'll find that in there it will tell the true heritage Jon Snow in there. Typically the statues are made before you die, and Lyanna is only woman down there. I think the reason is that they knew she was legally married to Rhaegar and was a Queen. Somehow i think it will be say something like Lynna Targaryen Queen of westeros, mother to Jon Targaryen.

um.. that is exactly what I said.. so what "doesn't seem that way?"... FULL Targaryen? What does that mean? His mother was Lyana Stark and I think we learned that Rhaegar married her secretly.. which makes sense. But she was in Dorne at the Tower of Joy. We know. I think, that Jon is not a bastard now.. but my point was, when he was thought to be a bastard.. why was he a "Snow".. meaning a bastard born in the north.

Hmmm.. I guess that was part of his disguise to protect him.. as a Targaryen Robert Baratheon would have had him killed.
Sorry, I was agreeing with you. "Doesn't seem that way" was referring to Jon being a bastard.

Robert didn't know. It was Lyanna's last request to Ned to hide the secret and keep her son safe. Ned claimed him as his bastard.

Then that would have affected Ned's relationship with Robert through the entire arc, would it not?

It's all very sketchy.

And now the whole Gendry thing really throws a monkey wrench into everyone's works, although I suppose that technically bastards have no claim.

*SPOILERS*

Well I think Ned was going to tell Jon Snow who he really was once he took the vows to the nights watch. Then Jon Snow could NOT claim the throne from Robert and Jon would have been safe from Robert's wrath.

Which again, why Ned has the nightmares of broken promises at Kings landing, is related to Daneyr's true parentage. At the time Jon is totally safe in the night's watch so what is Ned so upset about?

Robert did not know and thought he fathered Jon Snow with a woman named "Wylla" He said this in season 1. Cersei Lannister in season 1 said to Ned she believed he fathered Jon Snow with Ashara Dayne. FYI Wylla is a handmaiden and wet nurse to Ashara Dayne.

Ashara Dayen is the sister of Arthur Dayne, who Ned "beat" in single combat. Again, I believe Ashara told Ned where Arthur Dayne was because she was in love with Ned.

Complex to be sure.

Then that would have affected Ned's relationship with Robert through the entire arc, would it not?

It's all very sketchy.

And now the whole Gendry thing really throws a monkey wrench into everyone's works, although I suppose that technically bastards have no claim.
I don't understand why. Robert joked about "noble" Ned having a bastard on a few occasions. And Robert never did anything to threaten Jon. Also, we don't know if Ned knew that sister was actually married and loved R. That piece has yet to be determined.

Not sure if Ned knew they were married, but maybe he was putting 2 and 2 together when he saw the King's Guard at the Tower of Joy, why else would they be there? He came to rescue her or did he know she was about to give birth? Remember the rumors were that Rhaegar kidnapped her and raped her and was keeping her imprison at the Tower of Joy. We now know that the rumors were false.

Robert was for sure completely out of the loop, he put a hit on all Targaryens and ordered for all of them to be put to death. This is why Dany and her brother was sneaked away and Ned took Jon as his own to protect his sister's only son. He had to live with people giving him sh@t about it and even his wife hating that his bastard was living with them. All to keep his promise to his sister, that how much of a stand up guy he was. Robert busting his chops over the fact that he really wasn't so loyal after all was of course brutal irony. He could never say anything, he could never defend his own honor.

Jon is also part Stark, as per his mother. And being raised as one, even though Caitelyn treated him badly. Still refers to Ned as his pops, who raised him and treated him as a son. Now I know why in season 1, Ned sent him to the NW to protect his identity. He must've known things were gonna get hot.

That scene with Dany though, she knows there's something about Jon, that she respects and knows hes not a threat. I don't think he wants no part of KL. The one who worries me is Sansa.

*SPOILERS*

Well I think Ned was going to tell Jon Snow who he really was once he took the vows to the nights watch. Then Jon Snow could NOT claim the throne from Robert and Jon would have been safe from Robert's wrath.

Which again, why Ned has the nightmares of broken promises at Kings landing, is related to Daneyr's true parentage. At the time Jon is totally safe in the night's watch so what is Ned so upset about?

Robert did not know and thought he fathered Jon Snow with a woman named "Wylla" He said this in season 1. Cersei Lannister in season 1 said to Ned she believed he fathered Jon Snow with Ashara Dayne. FYI Wylla is a handmaiden and wet nurse to Ashara Dayne.

Ashara Dayen is the sister of Arthur Dayne, who Ned "beat" in single combat. Again, I believe Ashara told Ned where Arthur Dayne was because she was in love with Ned.

Complex to be sure.

I disagree with that. Ned knew that if Jon's lineage was found out, he could be targeted.

I don't think Ned slept with Ashara (whatever her name is), I think it was all a plan to keep Jon's identity discreet.

And didn't Ned get help in beating swordsman Dayne? There was no way he could beat him in single combat. He was known as the best and greatest swordsman in all of Westeros. No way!

I also think Ned set up Jon to go to the NW, since he practically knew everyone there. There also was a blind man who was a Targaryean, that Jon figured his identity, after a conversation with him. Ned set all this up. He had to have known.

I disagree with that. Ned knew that if Jon's lineage was found out, he could be targeted.

I don't think Ned slept with Ashara (whatever her name is), I think it was all a plan to keep Jon's identity discreet.

And didn't Ned get help in beating swordsman Dayne? There was no way he could beat him in single combat. He was known as the best and greatest swordsman in all of Westeros. No way!

I also think Ned set up Jon to go to the NW, since he practically knew everyone there. There also was a blind man who was a Targaryean, that Jon figured his identity, after a conversation with him. Ned set all this up. He had to have known.

100% correct. It all makes 100% sense now that we know the full story.

Reactions: ruthetiger

Aemon Targaryen's identity wasn't actually a secret. He just didn't go around telling everyone who he was. He was offered the crown when Daeron died, but chose to remain a maester and allow the Iron Throne to pass to Aegon (his younger brother).

Agreed. I don't buy into the Dany is Ned's daughter. No direct evidence, just speculation. And with only 8 more episodes in the series, teasers would have been made already.

SPOILER

If Dany is the daughter of the Mad King, and John is the grandson of the Mad King, why is he the rightful heir?

All you guys are great explaining what's going on. Fascinating reading opinions on what's going to happen. Thanks to all.

Would anyone care to give survival to the end odds for the main characters?

If Dany is the daughter of the Mad King, and John is the grandson of the Mad King, why is he the rightful heir?

Male sons or grandsons have first priority. Keep in mind, it's still a male dominated society, except Cersei, is the single most greatest C**T, to put on a crown. She also is reshaping the Iron Throne in her twisted image and fate. I think Dany, is starting to realize something about Jon, that he doesn't know. The dragon recognizes it, it's in his bloodline as a Targaryean. Jon doesn't want to rule on the IT. He just wants to beat the WW. If anybody is the true heir to the throne, it's Jon, and he was it the whole time. Which was why Ned had to keep it a secret. His one living nephew, was always the true heir. The only problem was was that fat bastard Robert Baratheon, thought the heir the whole time was the twins (Dany and her brother...who her husband gave him a hot gold crown lol). Ned let this happen, but he disagreed with Baratheon in assassinating her. This whole story is easy to inderstand, but not easy to understand. This whole thing came to light in last year's season finale when you saw the face of the baby to Jon. Then it all made sense.

Reactions: RUTrue94

When the Mad King was killed by Jamie, the rights went to his eldest son which was Rhaegar. When Rhaegar was killed by Robert the rights would have gone to his eldest rightful son which we now know is Jon, his only son.

That being said, knowing Jon, he wouldn't want the Iron Throne anyway.

HOWEVER, if he and Dany have sex before he knows the truth and they have a child together and then the rights would be pass to the child If he marries her she would be queen anyway. However, it seems like too much of a happy ending. TBH.

I can see the above happening but both of them dying but the baby surviving to be raised by ???? to become to the true king/queen of the 7 kingdoms and beyond.

All you guys are great explaining what's going on. Fascinating reading opinions on what's going to happen. Thanks to all.

Would anyone care to give survival to the end odds for the main characters?

Am I the only one who thinks Cersei is lying about being pregnant to get Jamie under control and manipulate him?

The way it's setting up, Cersei isn't gonna die, but is getting set up for the biggest downfall of them all, and I think that has something to do with Jaime. I think he'll turn his back on her. H hates what she's becoming.

LF? Well, it's only a matter of time, but I think Brienne of Tarth is gonna get involved, and that could expose LF.

One of the dragons must die. It's setting up that way.

Ot looks like that expedition is gonna be a disaster, but it just looks that way. The hound is gonna come thru.

The hound and the mountain set up nicely for an epic battle. That one is going to be interesting. The hound would have battled everybody including the army of the dead. He'll definitely be battle tested against Gregor.

Tyrion is gonna be the one to destroy Cersei and do it in artistic fashion. Destruction. Destruction. Destruction. Part of Cersei's downfall will be because of 2 people, Tyrion, and Bronn. Because Bronn saved Jaime's life, and because he Jaime also knows that Tyrion isn't responsible for Joffrey's death, you can see that he's beginning to question Cersei's motives. That sets up nicely for him to turn his back on her. Whether she's pregnant or not.

Last edited:
Jon is also part Stark, as per his mother. And being raised as one, even though Caitelyn treated him badly. Still refers to Ned as his pops, who raised him and treated him as a son. Now I know why in season 1, Ned sent him to the NW to protect his identity. He must've known things were gonna get hot.

That scene with Dany though, she knows there's something about Jon, that she respects and knows hes not a threat. I don't think he wants no part of KL. The one who worries me is Sansa.

I'm hoping Arya (and Brienne) will have Sansa's back. Good think she (Arya) arrived at Winterfell when she did. I think the tension between the sisters felt a little forced in this episode... especially after such a warm reunion last episode. I know they didn't get along all the well when they were young, but kids will be kids. They're both older and wiser now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT