ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hoboken info needed

RUbacker

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2014
I know many of live work play in Hoboken. I have family coming to town and they used to live there many moons ago. We are going there to just walk around town and visit the school , church , houses etc. then hit a spot for lunch . My question is will it be easier to pop in on a weekday or weekend ? Which has less traffic getting in , easier to get around etc. I’m parking in a city lot I guess. would love a lunch recommendations where I can grab a beer but and have some good burgers .
thanks !

I know many of live work play in Hoboken. I have family coming to town and they used to live there many moons ago. We are going there to just walk around town and visit the school , church , houses etc. then hit a spot for lunch . My question is will it be easier to pop in on a weekday or weekend ? Which has less traffic getting in , easier to get around etc. I’m parking in a city lot I guess. would love a lunch recommendations where I can grab a beer but and have some good burgers .
thanks !
Perfect question for a poll! Seriously.

He very specifically said "burgers" lol otherwise, yes, I LOVE LEO'S!
Been going there since I was 2. I am 57 and live in Indiana now. The second we get home, I am there. Fiore's too, for 15 pounds of mozzarella to bring back and the hot roast beef and mozzarella cheese sandwiches. I grew up in North Bergen and Jersey City. Hoboken has treasured places to eat.

Ask kyle.aka KYK.
Hes the mayor of Hoboken.lol..seriously..he knows everyone .
Nuts also knows boken

Take them to antiques grill on willow. Over a century old with coal burning stove and an area in the front where they used to house the horses for deliveries to NY. Bring your wallet$$$$

Reactions: RUbacker
Been going there since I was 2. I am 57 and live in Indiana now. The second we get home, I am there. Fiore's too, for 15 pounds of mozzarella to bring back and the hot roast beef and mozzarella cheese sandwiches. I grew up in North Bergen and Jersey City. Hoboken has treasured places to eat.
Samesies. 🙂

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
I dropped in to O’Nieal’s a few weeks back. The burger didn’t knock me off my stool. There was a guy in the first seat at bar by the window talking to himself @AreYouNUTS, I guess that was you.

Ainsworth burger is good but everything else there sucks. Had burgers at Lighthorse in JC last night, not bad either.

I dropped in to O’Nieal’s a few weeks back. The burger didn’t knock my of my stool. There was a guy in a the first seat at bar by the window talking to himself @AreYouNUTS, I guess that was you.

Ainsworth burger is good but everything else there sucks.
My question is more about weekday or weekend in Hoboken , which is easier to deal with ?

I dropped in to O’Nieal’s a few weeks back. The burger didn’t knock me off my stool. There was a guy in the first seat at bar by the window talking to himself @AreYouNUTS, I guess that was you.

Ainsworth burger is good but everything else there sucks. Had burgers at Lighthorse in JC last night, not bad either.
OMG....HOLD ON....I've had. LONG day of clients (walked about 10-miles in this heat)...NOT THINKING OF ONEAL'S lolol....

....ZACK'S ON 3RD AND CLINTON!!!! Feel free to pile on fellas I'M SORRY LOL!!!! THANK YOU for knocking the cobwebs loose!!!

**** insert favorite Dumb and Dumber gif ****

Last edited:
Reactions: RUtix4me
OMG....HOLD ON....I've had. LONG day of clients (walked about 10-miles in this heat)...NOT THINKING OF ONEAL'S lolol....

....ZACK'S ON 3RD AND CLINTON!!!! Feel free to pile on fellas I'M SORRY LOL!!!! THANK YOU for knocking the cobwebs loose!!!

Endorse Zack’s. Great food. Not being a jerk but on Willow. La Boheme on Clinton

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
My question is more about weekday or weekend in Hoboken , which is easier to deal with ?
Weekend if you are coming in early Sat or Sun. The later you come the more tunnel traffic will slow your arrival

Thanks, thought I was going crazy, it was your basic frozen burger at bar. Was gonna make a shake shack, Johnny rockets joke but was being polite.

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
My lunch choice would be Grimaldi’s on Washington Street. Pizza is easy on the budget and tastes great.

thanks !
In the summer? Weekend is easiest. No ones around. During the fall/winter/spring, weekday.

In my opinion your best bet for a great burger is 8th street tavern, in my opinion the best in town. Specifically the Pat Lafrieda burger. Oneills has some tables to sit at whereas 8th is more of a divey type of bar but awesome vibe. Oneills burger is very solid but 8th takes the cake. Abuela cooks up a mean burger.

If you go to Onieal’s..walk up the street to Sweet bakery for some cupcakes after burgers! You’re welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT