ADVERTISEMENT

OT: House of the Dragon - Discussion

One of the best TV episodes of all-time. Anyone that doesn't appreciate it is why mindless summer movies like Transformers do so well. LOL!
You lost me here…but then again you also raved about MoonKnight (absolutely horrible) and Mandalorian (decent but not great).

Given what I’ve seen from HOTD so far, I’d take The Witcher over it any day of the week. BTW, I also think The Boys is highly entertaining.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
You lost me here…but then again you also raved about MoonKnight (absolutely horrible) and Mandalorian (decent but not great).

Given what I’ve seen from HOTD so far, I’d take The Witcher over it any day of the week. BTW, I also think The Boys is highly entertaining.
Never watched or commented on Moon Knight. Wrong poster.

Episode 9 next, expecting it to be good. Keep up the tradition of GOT episode 9s.

First episode I said Rhaenys was the first good character in this show, she proved me right today.

First episode I said Rhaenys was the first good character in this show, she proved me right today.
She could have torched all the Greens in one shot! Damn. FYI, probably a bad idea to have the coronation in the dragon pit. LOL! I see in the preview that one of the King's Guard steals Viserys' crown and brings it to Rhaenyra.

I have to say, as per reports, 4 seasons of House is perfect! Knowing the source material, one can naturally see how the seasons will go and how each will likely end. Very exciting stuff!

She could have torched all the Greens in one shot! Damn. FYI, probably a bad idea to have the coronation in the dragon pit. LOL! I see in the preview that one of the King's Guard steals Viserys' crown and brings it to Rhaenyra.

I have to say, as per reports, 4 seasons of House is perfect! Knowing the source material, one can naturally see how the seasons will go and how each will likely end. Very exciting stuff!
Wouldn’t have minded if King Aegon got burned but Alicent and Aemond are two of the best characters in this show. Need them going forward.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Wouldn’t have minded if King Aegon got burned but Alicent and Aemond are two of the best characters in this show. Need them going forward.
If she torched those on that stage, the show would have ended. No dance at all! Everyone was there from the Greens.

I am really enjoying this show, I didn't really know what to except and I didn't have high hopes considering how GOT was in its last few seasons, but they show has been fantastic so far.

Just want to say that your faith in the show is beginning to pan out. I still insist the early episodes were not very good.. but that's 2 in a row that worked nicely. I think the issue was a short number of episodes to cover so many years. They have begun to invest time in characters and situations.

Also, FWIW, The Amazon Prime Ring of Power series finished its first season and I think that, too, started a bit faulty, but finished strongly.

I like the fact that some of the main characters in the LOTR are in ROP

Lord Of The Rings Fire GIF by Amazon Prime Video

the hobbit GIF

Preview of the finale. Technically non-spoiler, but with some foreshadowing. Also, a review of the dragons:

I wrote that the actor in Moon Knight did a great job. Oscar Isaac. I can judge it within its own realm of competition... it is a very odd show.m Of the Marvel shows, it is more like The Iron Fist than the others.. and that's not good. The show had some issues but I liked it well enough.

I wrote that the actor in Moon Knight did a great job. Oscar Isaac. I can judge it within its own realm of competition... it is a very odd show.m Of the Marvel shows, it is more like The Iron Fist than the others.. and that's not good. The show had some issues but I liked it well enough.
Iron Fist was bad on so many levels. Daredevil was about the only one of those series that was watchable. Punisher not bad.

Man, was I the only one that didn't see that coming at the end? Or at least me & one other person didn't see that coming...

Had to know one of them wasn’t coming back. Looked like one eyed Willy didn’t want to kill him , thought he would smile , but he. had the look of “ah F , what did I just do”

so the dragon and aegon get hit with fire from the smaller dragon and no effect stupid

Had to know one of them wasn’t coming back. Looked like one eyed Willy didn’t want to kill him , thought he would smile , but he. had the look of “ah F , what did I just do”
Thought they handled that well. You saw teh kid's dragon do his own thing without the kid's input... then I guess the same thing happened with one-eye's dragon.

I found it played nicely to the Queen's comment about how when dragons go to war, everything burns. Maybe that is because the dragons do their own thing as much as not. Kinda like some unreliable military leaders.

Iron Fist was bad on so many levels. Daredevil was about the only one of those series that was watchable. Punisher not bad.
Daredevil was the first to come out.. I kinda liked it. I liked Jessica Jones best, I think. Though Punisher was maybe better. Luke Cage was okay.

They are all "superhero" stuff.. so you have to grade em on a scale, I think.

I do like "The Boys" for an interesting take on the superhero genre.

The effect was royally pissing off the big dragon.
Bingo. Aemond seems to want an eye for an eye, but not to kill his nephew. Great ending and very interesting.

The source material includes what happens at Storm's End and that Aemond/Vhagar kills Lucerys/Arrax, but not the details. I like how this isn't just pure evil by Aemond, but rather dragons doing what dragons do.

The death of Lucerys and the upcoming revenge/retaliation (likely episode 1 or 2 of the next season) cements the civil war and clearly makes it to the death.

Last edited:
The death of Lucerys and the upcoming revenge/retaliation (likely episode 1 or 2 of the next season) cements the civil war and clearly makes it to the death.
Next season? Holy cow.. that was it for this season?

Man.. they could have lopped off the first 5 episodes and gave us some real meat this season. It is finally worth watching and the season ends.

Reactions: RUDead
Two things to look forward to next season.
  • Lots of killing
  • No birthing scenes
When will season 2 air?

Decent to good season. No one great episode. Still looking forward to the rest of the series. A few characters grew on me. Was expecting the one death in this episode. Thought we might get a little more war, but a great reaction by the black queen at the very end.

Two things to look forward to next season.
  • Lots of killing
  • No birthing scenes
When will season 2 air?
Best guess based on when pre-production started for season 2.....12-14 months from now.

Next season? Holy cow.. that was it for this season?

Man.. they could have lopped off the first 5 episodes and gave us some real meat this season. It is finally worth watching and the season ends.
Amazing first season. They did such a great job introducing all new characters, building the story, and most importantly, earning what is to come. It's bad/lazy story writing to quickly jump to a war without reason or rationale. Very happy they didn't use crappy flashbacks, which plagues many TV shows. They did it right and stuck to the timeline.

The show will be a total of 4 seasons and 40 episodes. Now on to 30 episodes of carnage! LOL.

Season finale so far with the perfect 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Well deserved!

As always, best recap:

Bingo. Aemond seems to want an eye for an eye, but not to kill his nephew. Great ending and very interesting.

The source material includes what happens at Storm's End and that Aemond/Vhagar kills Lucerys/Arrax, but not the details. I like how this isn't just pure evil by Aemond, but rather dragons doing what dragons do.

Oh we got some Blood and Cheese coming beginning of Season 2. If you know, you know. It isn't going to be pretty for the Greens.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Decent to good season. No one great episode. Still looking forward to the rest of the series. A few characters grew on me. Was expecting the one death in this episode. Thought we might get a little more war, but a great reaction by the black queen at the very end.
This show will peak in Season 2 and 3 and the tit for tat starts and they start pulling in the wild dragons and Vermithor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT