ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I Have A Domain Name and Want to Add An Email For the Website

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
The website is still under construction, and I of course need to add a Contact page. I don't need Google Apps, for instance, which sets up multiple users and has broader functionality. For now I only need one email address, which would be in the form of Admin@domainname.com. Anyone know how to set this up without a fee, or are all email domain addresses set up through companies and apps with a fee structure? It's not expensive through Google Apps, for instance, but for now am looking to keep things simple. TIA.

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:
The website is still under construction, and I of course need to add a Contact page. I don't need Google Apps, for instance, which sets up multiple users and has broader functionality. For now I only need one email address, which would be in the form of Admin@domainname.com. Anyone know how to set this up without a fee, or are all email domain addresses set up through companies and apps with a fee structure? It's not expensive through Google Apps, for instance, but for now am looking to keep things simple. TIA.
Get an address at clintonemail.com. Top shelf security by Top Men.

If you bought a domain name you have the ability to create email accounts under it. Whatever hosting plan you get should provide email storage and the ability to send/receive email.

This post was edited on 3/11 1:09 PM by drewbagel423

Like others have noted- your host should have the option of setting up email accounts with your domain.

In 2015, I don't see a problem with using your regular email address too. There's no longer a stigma with using your gmail address.

Originally posted by ScarletCrimson:
Like others have noted- your host should have the option of setting up email accounts with your domain.

In 2015, I don't see a problem with using your regular email address too. There's no longer a stigma with using your gmail address.
Thanks--I'll look into the host providing me with the service. Right now I'm in the process of having the domain name transferred from Network Solutions to Hostgator, and within a day or so the process should be complete. I'm not so much worried about a stigma as much as I don't want my phone blowing up all day, which is likely to happen with this site and then the blog I create. Also want to differentiate the private emails from website traffic.

Thanks--I'll look into the host providing me with the service. Right now I'm in the process of having the domain name transferred from Network Solutions to Hostgator, and within a day or so the process should be complete. I'm not so much worried about a stigma as much as I don't want my phone blowing up all day, which is likely to happen with this site and then the blog I create. Also want to differentiate the private emails from website traffic.
I'd like to have our phones blowing up all day. Care to share your marketing plan?
wink.r191677.gif

@saladman.com?

Hostgator offers Cpanel and has a live demo of it here

Looks like the 4th section down is all about mail. You probably only need to make one email user. If your website will have a contact form sending mail to that email. and you want it in your gmail inbox.. you can set up an AUTO-FORWARD to your gmail address.

You can read/send mail with a web interface (likely at at yourdomainname/webmail).

You can also add a POP3 account to your gmail setup to get mail directly from your hostgator mail server without an auto-forward.

Not sure what you will be doing with your website.. but you might want to try the Wordpress install from Cpanel. Wordpress has come a long way and is a great content management system now capable of much more than a blog. Couple WP with a Themify responsive theme and builder and you will be on your way.

This post was edited on 3/11 10:42 PM by GoodOl'Rutgers

Originally posted by GoodOl'Rutgers:

Hostgator offers Cpanel and has a live demo of it here

Looks like the 4th section down is all about mail. You probably only need to make one email user. If your website will have a contact form sending mail to that email. and you want it in your gmail inbox.. you can set up an AUTO-FORWARD to your gmail address.

You can read/send mail with a web interface (likely at at yourdomainname/webmail).

You can also add a POP3 account to your gmail setup to get mail directly from your hostgator mail server without an auto-forward.

Not sure what you will be doing with your website.. but you might want to try the Wordpress install from Cpanel. Wordpress has come a long way and is a great content management system now capable of much more than a blog. Couple WP with a Themify responsive theme and builder and you will be on your way.
Good Ol',

You know your stuff, as that is exactly what I did before reading your post (went to cPanel and set it up). Thanks for the work, and you are now officially on my Helper list.

Originally posted by rutexan84:

I'd like to have our phones blowing up all day. Care to share your marketing plan?
wink.r191677.gif
Just over four years ago I pulled a coup and purchased a domain name that someone in Atlanta let lapse, and I've been sitting on it since. Now that some drama in my life is coming to a close, I am working on the site. I have investors wanting to get a pice, but I'm holding off as I may not need them. I'll clue you in in due course. For now, I have a lot to learn and a lot to build. And there is a lot of work to be done now. And later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT