ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jedd Fisch / Washington recruiting NJ

NJ native Washington coach Jedd Fisch is recruiting NJ.
Should we assume Coach Schiano is recruiting the state of Washington?

As we have seen, Greg and his staff are hitting several states in the South that are not traditional RU recruiting states, namely Georgia and North Carolina. Have also picked up recruits from Ohio, Illinois and Canada. Maybe Greg will follow Horace Greeley's advice?

As we have seen, Greg and his staff are hitting several states in the South that are not traditional RU recruiting states, namely Georgia and North Carolina. Have also picked up recruits from Ohio, Illinois and Canada. Maybe Greg will follow Horace Greeley's advice?
Or Willie Sutton.

As that covers everywhere. Which in reality is what Jedd is doing here too.

Reactions: Knight Shift
National programs recruit nationally. NJ is in their league footprint, I assume the talent level in Washington state requires that. Assuming most of the top talent would want to play for them, they still only have about 15 from the state of Washington.

National programs recruit nationally. NJ is in their league footprint, I assume the talent level in Washington state requires that. Assuming most of the top talent would want to play for them, they still only have about 15 from the state of Washington.

The population is only 65% of New Jersey's

And Fisch is probably reasonably well connected in NJ, as well as having a Summit NJ-born, ex-Rutgers Steve Belichick on his staff. Schiano’s connection in Washington state is probably close to nil.

And Fisch is probably reasonably well connected in NJ, as well as having a Summit NJ-born, ex-Rutgers Steve Belichick on his staff. Schiano’s connection in Washington state is probably close to nil.
And?

Thought my analogy was pretty straightforward.

@CranfordKnight expanded on it too.

You go (and now spend) where the money/talent is located. If there is someone worth a look in Washington state, guessing some overtures will be made.

But Chase is here. Manasquan S&L is there.

Doesn’t mean the latter is insolvent. Just that the vault in the former is a lot bigger.

The $$$ angle is not lost on me. This is nothing to sneeze at …
Washington has won 18 conference championships, seven Rose Bowls, and claims two national championships, the last in 1991.

The $$$ angle is not lost on me. This is nothing to sneeze at …
Washington has won 18 conference championships, seven Rose Bowls, and claims two national championships, the last in 1991.
But as @CranfordKnight pointed out they have to do this as the talent in state isn’t enough.

The Huskies even go as far as the Pacific Islands to get guys.

And btw, The State of Rutgers is no longer just in the Eastern Time Zone.

Jedd would be an idiot to not at least come east, especially a place he’s familiar, with to mine some talent here.

As you just pointed out…Washington has a great resume to sell to respective recruits.

Last edited:
As some have alluded, there is very little ROI potential for Rutgers to recruit Washington. California has huge potential for us, because we have lots of kids coming to Rutgers from California. In particular, we should be recruiting quarterbacks from California.

As some have alluded, there is very little ROI potential for Rutgers to recruit Washington. California has huge potential for us, because we have lots of kids coming to Rutgers from California. In particular, we should be recruiting quarterbacks from California.
More than that- Cali-Ny are almost commuter states. lol 5.5 hrs and you are there.
It takes longer from almost 40 other states

Although rare, not the first time the Huskies have recruited in New Jersey. If need be, Rutgers might recruit Washington. Especially around Seattle, there are traditionally some good recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT