ADVERTISEMENT

Ot- just ordered 6 pounds of Taylor Ham, or is it pork roll!

Sounds like you're getting an inferior product.

It's pork roll. Says so right on the package.
2-3lbs-Taylor-Ham-Pork-Rolls11.jpg

Reactions: goru1869 and KevH
Tell us who you ordered it from (website, company name, phone number, etc.).

That might help.

Janice's birthday is Wednesday and it will be a big surprise. I was impressed that they had an operator on duty Sunday afternoon and took the order for delivery Wednesday.

I asked for Taylor Ham but I think they are sending pork roll instead.

Should I be concerned?

Good job Southern Gentleman!

Now, just make sure you have plenty of eggs, American cheese and hard rolls on hand!

(P.S. You called the correct number to get Taylor Ham brand pork roll.)

thumb_600.jpg

It's all pork roll and is made by one of 3 companies located next to one another in Trenton. The companies are named Taylor, Case and Trenton.

The Taylor company calls their pork roll Taylor Ham. The others just call it pork roll. But it's the same in all three cases.

Taylor Ham is to pork roll the way Kleenex is to tissues.

Taylor Ham is a brand name for pork roll that is made by the Taylor Company. But it's all pork roll.

The owner of Annie's Deli in Bedminster explained this to me during my recent visit to NJ.

Last edited:
Taylor Ham is not a brand name, it is a nickname people in North Jersey and some in Central Jersey call John Taylor's Pork Roll. The word Ham doesn't appear on the package.

Originally it was called Taylor's Prepared Ham back in the 1800's but after a law was passed he was force to change it to pork roll, but people never stop calling it Taylor Ham, even to this day even though the name change happen over 100 years ago!

In South Jersey and some in Central Jersey that just call it by the name that appears on the package. no fancy nicknames for these people.

Reactions: koleszar
Good job Southern Gentleman!

Now, just make sure you have plenty of eggs, American cheese and hard rolls on hand!

(P.S. You called the correct number to get Taylor Ham brand pork roll.)

thumb_600.jpg

It is impossible to find a decent hard roll here in Arkansas. Also impossible to find a decent bagel!
Nevertheless I will persist through these challenges and still enjoy some pork roll for breakfast while my wife enjoys Taylor Ham!

Janice's birthday is Wednesday and it will be a big surprise. I was impressed that they had an operator on duty Sunday afternoon and took the order for delivery Wednesday.

Should I be concerned?

You should only be concerned when you run out.

This is just downright blasphemous:

onesixb.jpg
Not Really. It's just another brand of Taylor. :-)

Has anyone tried pork roll made by the Allentown Pork Roll Store? (porkrollconnection.com) I think they won a blind taste test at the Trenton Pork Roll fetival one year.

It's all pork roll and is made by one of 3 companies located next to one another in Trenton. The companies are named Taylor, Case and Trenton.

The Taylor company calls their pork roll Taylor Ham. The others just call it pork roll. But it's the same in all three cases.

Taylor Ham is to pork roll the way Kleenex is to tissues.

Taylor Ham is a brand name for pork roll that is made by the Taylor Company. But it's all pork roll.

The owner of Annie's Deli in Bedminster explained this to me during my recent visit to NJ.
The owner of Annie's Deli is full of crap. Taylor doesnt call their brand Taylor Ham. Its Taylor Pork Roll. See pictures above. Taylor never called it Taylor Ham.

Reactions: Scarlet16E
Im in town for the week, every morning thin sliced pork roll for breakfast!

plus some good pizza. pizza pork roll beer vacation diet

It is impossible to find a decent hard roll here in Arkansas. Also impossible to find a decent bagel!
Nevertheless I will persist through these challenges and still enjoy some pork roll for breakfast while my wife enjoys Taylor Ham!
Try using Thomas 's English Muffins. Or any good biscuits you can buy or make yourself

Taylor Ham is not a brand name, it is a nickname people in North Jersey and some in Central Jersey call John Taylor's Pork Roll. The word Ham doesn't appear on the package.

Originally it was called Taylor's Prepared Ham back in the 1800's but after a law was passed he was force to change it to pork roll, but people never stop calling it Taylor Ham, even to this day even though the name change happen over 100 years ago!

In South Jersey and some in Central Jersey that just call it by the name that appears on the package. no fancy nicknames for these people.
That's right and I'll keep calling Henry's car a Ford
after libs change it because it is a racist name.

Should I be concerned?
How many times have you started this argument,
over the years

Should I be concerned?
Six pounds? What about next week? That is a concern.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Day 1 after i moved to Jacksonville FLorida I asked for a hard roll and butter in a local breakfast place. The guy behind the counter asked if I wanted a stale roll.

Stick with the english muffin.

Rutgers Stadium = Taylor Ham
High Point Solutions Stadium = Pork Roll

I'll always refer to where my team plays as Rutgers Stadium as I will always refer to my seasoned pork product as Taylor Ham

That the way they were both referred to as I was growing up... and the way it will always be

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Should I be concerned?

Pork roll will get there quicker. Come to think of it, if you ordered Taylor ham, it'll never get there since it doesn't exist.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::boxing:

Last edited:
SG you just farted on the elevator and got off ... I'm sure you're smiling at the mess you left behind ... A multi-day thread with RU fans arguing Pork Roll vs Taylor Ham yet again. It is all park roll btw! HBD to the wife and go Hogs.

Why

Its called Taylor Ham United North Jersey. It was originally called Taylor Ham decades ago but the government forced them to change the name. I don't understand why people want to revolt to get marijuana legalized but but have to abide by the law over a breakfast sandwich.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Why

Its called Taylor Ham United North Jersey. It was originally called Taylor Ham decades ago but the government forced them to change the name. I don't understand why people want to revolt to get marijuana legalized but but have to abide by the law over a breakfast sandwich.
It was never called Taylor Ham. Before Pork Roll it was called Taylor's Proccessed Ham.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT