ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kansas is a middle of the pack Big 12 team

Folks were giving Illinois too much credit for beating Kansas. I said in another thread Kansas was a middle of the pack Big 12 team at best. Illinois will struggle to be a .500 team. It's all about match ups and personnel.
Said it in another thread, time for a thread title:

Leipold Has Gone Cold or
Lance Has Dropped His Pants

Very undisciplined, heavily penalized team.

They could have sealed the game with a fumble recovery, but multiple players wanted a scoop highlight reel play, and UNLV recovered their own fumble, drove down the field and scored.
9 penalties for 90 years on Kansas tonight.

Rebs QB did a pretty good Tarkenton impression in the second half, minus the passing. Re Kansas: only would have taken one player to fall on the fumble instead of trying to scoop and have a big return and they’d have won. Selfishness and stupidity on that play cost them the game.

Folks were giving Illinois too much credit for beating Kansas. I said in another thread Kansas was a middle of the pack Big 12 team at best. Illinois will struggle to be a .500 team. It's all about match ups and personnel.
Reminds you of Colorado beating #16 TCU last year. Colorado to a lot of people was off to the races after that one, only to finish 4-8 while TCU finished 5-7

We'll find out about BC today when they face Missouri. I think BC is a good team, but not top 25 good... yet.
Bill O'Brien should give up his dream of coaching in the Pro's ever again. He needs to embrace what he's best at, College Football Head Coach. Every Blue Blood AD should have him on speed dial. 14-3 BC.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Bill O'Brien should give up his dream of coaching in the Pro's ever again. He needs to embrace what he's best at, College Football Head Coach. Every Blue Blood AD should have him on speed dial. 14-3 BC.
14-14… and let’s slow down for a second. Boston College has beaten a Florida State team that’s about to lose its third straight to start the season and Duquesne . Let’s not get too crazy here just yet.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
14-14… and let’s slow down for a second. Boston College has beaten a Florida State team that’s about to lose its third straight to start the season and Duquesne . Let’s not get too crazy here just yet.
Yes, Mizzou is up now, but I think they're playing much better than anytime under Hafley. It's no so much me saying they're going to win but they're playing much better. I think they take the orange and playing in a sh*tty ACC could potentially go 7-5 or 8-4.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I like seeing UNLV do well. Don't have any reason to like them, but like seeing MWC teams being competitive.

Fun game to watch, and full of mistakes.
The MWC is going to look different next year. PAC already expanding with 4 teams (Colorado St., Boise St., San Diego St. and Fresno St.). Rumor has it that UNLV is next target. Not sure who else but hopefully Air Force gets a look. Rumor is Wyoming, but honestly they add nothing TV wise.

Yes, Mizzou is up now, but I think they're playing much better than anytime under Hafley. It's no so much me saying they're going to win but they're playing much better. I think they take the orange and playing in a sh*tty ACC could potentially go 7-5 or 8-4.
Oh, I think they could definitely be one of Syracuse’s 6-7 losses

But, but, but he is the next Bear Bryant!

Doesn’t appear Yessir’s going to be able to jump in with his flavor any time soon either. Mike Houston’s group lost to Appalachian State….

The funny thing about it is none of us on the other end are saying these guys aren’t good coaches. Teams have bad games and even off seasons. It just shows how ridiculous it is when the hate Greg crowd jumps in every time we lose a game and points to what a mistake it was that we didn’t hire some other coach who happens to be on a winning streak at the time of the post. Pure nonsense.

Reactions: RUSK97
Doesn’t appear Yessir’s going to be able to jump in with his flavor any time soon either. Mike Houston’s group lost to Appalachian State….

The funny thing about it is none of us on the other end are saying these guys aren’t good coaches. Teams have bad games and even off seasons. It just shows how ridiculous it is when the hate Greg crowd jumps in every time we lose a game and points to what a mistake it was that we didn’t hire some other coach who happens to be on a winning streak at the time of the post. Pure nonsense.
Leipold is a good coach. He was a great coach at Wisconsin Whitewater. At FBS and P5 , he has been good, not great.

Leipold is a good coach. He was a great coach at Wisconsin Whitewater. At FBS and P5 , he has been good, not great.
I think LL's choice to replace Kotelnicki might be a problem. Grimes was good at BYU and did well his first season at Baylor but then kind of went downhill. Not sure if it'll be a fit with Daniels.

He and even Bean (backup last couple years) have had TO issues at times but this year seems like it could be a pattern rather than occasional things. That's not good, if that's the case.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT