ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kelce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does fighting the Nazis make one an extremist? Perhaps it depends on how one defines extremism. But we are getting too political here; it's just that my curiosity was piqued by @Kbee3's statement that he opposed religious extremism.
Of course not. But there were some extremists who gained my admiration by their fight against Hitler and co.

I'm sure that means that you also dislike extremists of every un-religious persuasion.

I've heard of Hamas and ISIS. I've heard of Israeli settlers burning the homes of innocent Palestinians. I've heard of Hindu extremists in India bulldozing Muslim neighborhoods. And I've heard of Buddhist extremists in Myanmar committing a genocide of the Rohingya.

And of course I'm familiar with the abortion, book, AP class and weed banners in this country and how "Christian" it is to do that while keeping out refugees and grabbing everyone by the genitals.

What I've not heard of atheists burning, banning, murdering, attacking minorities...in the name of atheism. There are bad atheists and bad religious people. But "extreme" atheism looks like the Czech Republic or Uruguay...which most would prefer to Gaza, Bnei Brak, India, Burma or Florida.

Reactions: Kbee3
No, I honestly don’t think about celebrities’ sex lives….. but apparently you do.

****!n weird obsession by you right wing nuts.
I would take a good hard and looooong look at that party you shill for. Celebrities for me are not those you claim your allegiance to . 😁

I would take a good hard and looooong look at that party you shill for. Celebrities for me are not those you claim your allegiance to . 😁

I don't worship celebrities, but here's why I love a rapist from a reality TV show that can't tell Nikki Haley from Nancy Pelosi and who bragged about grabbing women by their privates!

Also I believe reefer madness LMAO

Reactions: Kbee3
I've heard of Hamas and ISIS. I've heard of Israeli settlers burning the homes of innocent Palestinians. I've heard of Hindu extremists in India bulldozing Muslim neighborhoods. And I've heard of Buddhist extremists in Myanmar committing a genocide of the Rohingya.

And of course I'm familiar with the abortion, book, AP class and weed banners in this country and how "Christian" it is to do that while keeping out refugees and grabbing everyone by the genitals.

What I've not heard of atheists burning, banning, murdering, attacking minorities...in the name of atheism. There are bad atheists and bad religious people. But "extreme" atheism looks like the Czech Republic or Uruguay...which most would prefer to Gaza, Bnei Brak, India, Burma or Florida.
This has really gotten out of hand, but no, extreme atheism looks like the USSR under Stalin.

Wrong. Stalinism was their religion and Stalin was their god.

Wrong. Stalin was never considered a divinity. Nor was Hitler or Mao (definitely an atheist) for that matter. Or do you consider anyone not an atheist and extremist?

Precisely. Perhaps I misunderstood your point: that it was the Nazis who were the extremists (true), and that sometimes extremism is so bad that most of the world fights against it (also true).

He was saying that anyone FIGHTING the Nazi's was an extremist. Were my parent's generation extremists? Was the uncle I never met, buried in the cemetery you see in "Private Ryan", an extremist?

I don't think so.

Of course not. But there were some extremists who gained my admiration by their fight against Hitler and co.
He was saying that anyone FIGHTING the Nazi's was an extremist. Were my parent's generation extremists? Was the uncle I never met, buried in the cemetery you see in "Private Ryan", an extremist?

I don't think so.
I didn't think it would be so hard for some of you to understand my simple statement.
SOME of those who fought against the Nazi's were extremists...some even religious extremists...but nevertheless they were worthy of respect and admiration for all that they risked in opposing such evil.
BTW, my father and two of his brothers fought with the 82nd and 101st Airborne against the Nazis in WWII. None of the three were extremists.

I didn't think it would be so hard for some of you to understand my simple statement.
SOME of those who fought against the Nazi's were extremists...some even religious extremists...but nevertheless they were worthy of respect and admiration for all that they risked in opposing such evil.
BTW, my father and two of his brothers fought with the 82nd and 101st Airborne against the Nazis in WWII. None of the three were extremists.
Which side of this does Travis Kelce fall under? Maybe get back to the actual topic…just saying.

Wrong. Stalin was never considered a divinity. Nor was Hitler or Mao (definitely an atheist) for that matter.
Stalinism, Hitlerism, and Maoism were pretty much religions....perverted religions, but sorta religions nonetheless.
Or do you consider anyone not an atheist and extremist?
How in the world did you come up with that idea ? Most of the people I know are not atheists.
Very few of them are or have ever been extremists.
I've read a lot about the underground in WWII. Those people were amazing. SOME of them in Poland, France, Belgium and other countries were what I would consider religious extremists. My point was that their heroic actions were no less impressive.

Swilling beers in one stadium on Sunday to singing for 90k in another stadium a few days later.

KdXFDJU.gif

They ALL know ALL the lyrics (Australia)

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
Did he kill people in the name of Communism and his personality cult or in the name of atheism?
Since atheism is one of the premises of Marxism-Leninism, the distinction you suggest is invalid. And since Stalin was far from the only Soviet leader who persecuted religion, this is not the result of a "personality cult" that is somehow distinct from the underlyng ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT