ADVERTISEMENT

OT: KMET's "The Burner" is Gone

Source

Heisman Winner
Aug 1, 2001

Alison Steele was "The Nightbird" on WNEW-FM in New York as many tri-state radio listeners of a certain age would remember. Her counterpart out on the West Coast was known as "The Burner." Steele died in 1995 and now Mary Turner Pattiz has passed away at 76 over the weekend. Both from cancer.

Anybody out there on the west coast remember her?

Mary Turner Pattiz, Rock D.J. During FM’s Heyday, Dies at 76​

She was known as “the Burner” for her seductive delivery, but off the air she was anything but a wild rock ’n’ roller. She later became an addiction counselor.

more at:

I was a big fan of Alison Steele and but never heard of Mary Turner until I read the obit. Loved the part where she asked Bruce if he really knew "a pretty little place in Southern California..................."

Rachel Steele (I assume Allison’s daughter) is on Sirius channel Classic Vinyl. She sounds very much like Allison. Great flashback for me each time I hear her.

Rachel Steele (I assume Allison’s daughter) is on Sirius channel Classic Vinyl. She sounds very much like Allison. Great flashback for me each time I hear her.
I've heard Rachel Steele on Classic Vinyl and also assumed she was related to Alison. She isn't. Alison Steele did have one daughter though, Heather Steele.

Reactions: Bagarocks
I've heard Rachel Steele on Classic Vinyl and also assumed she was related to Alison. She isn't. Alison Steele did have one daughter though, Heather Steele.
Wow! No kidding???? Sorry for the bad info. Sounds so much like Allison.

No need to apologize. I've listened to her show. She sounds as if she's the offshoot of Alison Steele.

Reactions: Altrev
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT