ADVERTISEMENT

OT: KNICKS playoff thread Go NY Go NY GO

Shaking New York GIF by Sidetalk

Gigantic pre historic elephant in the room

Knicks made run withOUT Brunson

Sixers size and game plan is shutting down Brunson

Just don’t see Embiid lasting 6 more intense games.

Hate Philly but he is fantastic , will someone tell him to try and lose 40lbs ?? If he was healthy and a little lighter on his feet he would go for 40 plus a night

What a great, great game. Didn't move for 2 hours. Love all the older players they look great. On to Philly. GO NY GO!

Reactions: cm_13
Di vin cen zo 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Di vin cen zo 👏👏👏👏👏👏

If you play for the Knicks it’s best to have a name or Knick-name that crowd can clap 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's crazy is players from around the league talk smack about the Knicks, but there is no arena that matches this type of atmosphere. It's a different breed. Maybe it's hatred because they don't receive this type love from their fans.

Reactions: Goku
Stay for Lakers-Nuggets and watch Jokic.

Watch he have a terrible game now.
Caught the last 4 minutes of this one. Holy crap that might've been even better than the Knicks game! Incredible ending and amazing plays; Jokic is such a beast. Feel bad for the Lakers as they really should've won this one.

Great win for the Knicks. Best win since … ???? Ewing Era?

BTW, the Nuggets-Lakers game was equally epic. Charles Barkley called it - best NBA doubleheader ever.

there have been many games like these during the season... especially towards the end when jockeying for playoff seeding and the play in tournament...the league has gotten a lot more competitive with an influx of young talent. Also the European influence, a lot more running and fast pace offense. I guess trying to make it more like soccer but they don't score much in soccer so idk but these European offensive concepts and European players have added different elements like 3pt shooting bigs.

there have been many games like these during the season... especially towards the end when jockeying for playoff seeding and the play in tournament...the league has gotten a lot more competitive with an influx of young talent. Also the European influence, a lot more running and fast pace offense. I guess trying to make it more like soccer but they don't score much in soccer so idk but these European offensive concepts and European players have added different elements like 3pt shooting bigs.

It’s also the difference between US and foreign development.

Foreign is focused on all-around skill development.
US/AAU is focused on individual skills and how to showcase the player.

NBA really needs Ace/Dylan/Flagg to be future of the league as American born players.
We’re likely going to have back to back drafts with a French born player as #1 overall (2023 and 2024).

Also, the impact (potential negative) of the number of games being played in AAU/HS is becoming a growing issue.
Everyone talks about the need for rest, off season recovery etc.
Then Ace/Dylan/Flagg (and other elite players) are playing 4 games in a weekend multiple times a year.
Traveling across the country every other weekend.
Zion being injured every year is shining a light on this.

Wemby is an extreme example but his entire France schedule was organized around maximizing his potential. Practices were schedule to allow him sufficient warmup time and around his development activities.

NBA really needs Ace/Dylan/Flagg to be future of the league as American born players.
We’re likely going to have back to back drafts with a French born player as #1 overall (2023 and 2024).

Also, the impact (potential negative) of the number of games being played in AAU/HS is becoming a growing issue.
Then Ace/Dylan/Flagg (and other elite players) are playing 4 games in a weekend multiple times a year.

Wemby is an extreme example but his entire France schedule was organized around maximizing his potential. Practices were schedule to allow him sufficient warmup time and around his development activities.
It's a way more efficient system for the elite prospects out there. Idk if they even have highschool or college teams. Guys like Luka have been professional basketball players from the age of 13 lol

Great win for the Knicks. Best win since … ???? Ewing Era?

BTW, the Nuggets-Lakers game was equally epic. Charles Barkley called it - best NBA doubleheader ever.
Sometimes ya just get lucky. I seriously hadn't watched more than a minute or two of NBA action this season and really didn't intend to watch last night, but I was a bit bored and flipping channels and came across the Knicks-76ers game with a couple of minutes left and saw it was close so figured, ok, I'll watch. Boom! Same thing with the Nuggets-Lakers: I did enjoy watching some of the finals last year and I liked how the Nuggets played, so I checked in on that game last night with 4-5 minutes left and boom again. That was some great basketball on both offense and defense in both games. Enough to maybe entice @Greene Rice FIG back to watching?

There was a Game 7 in the NBA Finals. I forgot who...might have been LeBron and/or Curry. I told myself I was going to watch. I couldn't even make it through the 1st quarter.

It actually upsets me what has happened to the game. It's a shame because with today's athletes the NBA could be so great if the 3 point line didn't ruin the game.

There was an average of 70 3 point shot attempts. I find it crazy that people actually like to see that and are OK with moving screens and so little offensive flow.

To show how silly things are.....
shots by distance
0-3feet 24.1%
3-10 feet 21.1%
10-16 feet 9.6%
16-3P 5.8%
3p 39.5%

That isn't the way basketball is supposed to be.

Last edited:
There was a Game 7 in the NBA Finals. I forgot who...might have been LeBron and/or Curry. I told myself I was going to watch. I couldn't even make it through the 1st quarter.

It actually upsets me what has happened to the game. It's a shame because with today's athletes the NBA could be so great if the 3 point line didn't ruin the game.

There was an average of 70 3 point shot attempts. I find it crazy that people actually like to see that and are OK with moving screens and so little offensive flow.

To show how silly things are.....
shots by distance
0-3feet 24.1%
3-10 feet 21.1%
10-16 feet 9.6%
16-3P 5.8%
3p 39.5%

That isn't the way basketball is supposed to be.

Ok I can understand this before it was only Mike dantoni lol now it's the whole league. I like it, I get up more 3s myself when I play now. And they count for 1 extra point...but the NBA has been making an effort to become a more global brand so theyve tweaking the rules in order to accommodate international fans, I guess that's at the expense of old school fans.. the thing I don't understand is that you guys think college games are better? It's the same type of game with just less skilled players..

Ok I can understand this before it was only Mike dantoni lol now it's the whole league. I like it, I get up more 3s myself when I play now. And they count for 1 extra point...but the NBA has been making an effort to become a more global brand so theyve tweaking the rules in order to accommodate international fans, I guess that's at the expense of old school fans.. the thing I don't understand is that you guys think college games are better? It's the same type of game with just less skilled players..
The college game is definitely morphing to the pro game. It definitely turns me off. There is a difference in energy level during the regular season. Are teams defensively fighting over screens? Look at offensive rebounding % and turnover %. It appears that going for an offensive rebound isn't really a thing. Do defenders get in passing lanes and try to get turnovers?

The college game is definitely morphing to the pro game. It definitely turns me off. There is a difference in energy level during the regular season. Are teams defensively fighting over screens? Look at offensive rebounding % and turnover %. It appears that going for an offensive rebound isn't really a thing. Do defenders get in passing lanes and try to get turnovers?

For anyone who has watched the Knicks this year, the answer is definitely yes...

Reactions: RUPete
I have felt like the Knick defenders have been having more difficulty getting around Embiid screens in the first two games of this series. Maxey is just so fast he does not need much of head start to get into attack mode.

Embiid is tough to get around as he has mastered slightly moving screens without getting called for fouls. That being said, remember that he is an MVP level scorer from both outside and inside and that being considered.... both OG and McBride have been excellent at working through/over his screens and with the help of others rotating - defending the PnR.

The Knicks are missing Randle's inside toughness and presence as a second scoring option to relieve the pressure off of Brunson. However their depth and conditioning have served them well in terms of competitiveness in the 2nd half of these games. Maxey is turning into a star level player and he's been difficult to stop for any NBA team. Embiid however has been limping as the games wear on and can't keep up either stamina or his knee. The rest of Philly's roster has been inconsistent.

I have felt like the Knick defenders have been having more difficulty getting around Embiid screens in the first two games of this series. Maxey is just so fast he does not need much of head start to get into attack mode.
Not fast enough on that last drive.

Some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in awhile in the last 30 seconds of that game.

Doesn’t excuse how poorly the Sixers executed but that officiating was pathetic.

Terrible look for the NBA.

Some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in awhile in the last 30 seconds of that game.

Doesn’t excuse how poorly the Sixers executed but that officiating was pathetic.

Terrible look for the NBA.
Yep if I was a sixer fan I would be pissed but both non calls happened in a span of about 5 seconds on the inbounds play. The sixers had two chances to come down and make a shot and did not get it done. I would expect the Knicks to get an unfavorable whistle the next couple of games.

Reactions: S_Janowski
Lowery overturn with Knicks up 1 was horrendous.
Said he hit ball first. Then he proceeds to knock him down aka loose ball foul. Sixers scored 5 straight right after that to up 4 with a min left

Do the 2 foul shots Embiid made when he drove lane and just fell down. Replay showed no one touched him and all 3 announcers said call sucked ???

Brunson has played/shot poorly

OG has been pedestrian at best

Survive first 10 mins in game 3 , don’t start down 9-0 or 15-3

Pretty huge that the Knicks complimentary pieces have made plays in first cple games, hopefully gives them confidence for rest of series and playoffs. (HStein, Mcbride, Bojan) Sixers don't have much after big two (I'm good with Lowry shooting a much as he wants)

Yep if I was a sixer fan I would be pissed but both non calls happened in a span of about 5 seconds on the inbounds play. The sixers had two chances to come down and make a shot and did not get it done. I would expect the Knicks to get an unfavorable whistle the next couple of games.
Agree. Now it will swing the other way. But I expected that on the road anyway.

Gigantic pre historic elephant in the room

Knicks made run withOUT Brunson

Sixers size and game plan is shutting down Brunson

Just don’t see Embiid lasting 6 more intense games.

Hate Philly but he is fantastic , will someone tell him to try and lose 40lbs ?? If he was healthy and a little lighter on his feet he would go for 40 plus a night
He was averaging 35 before he got hurt.

That's why American colleges aren't producing players like Jokic, Luka, or Wemby.

Lowery overturn with Knicks up 1 was horrendous.
Said he hit ball first. Then he proceeds to knock him down aka loose ball foul. Sixers scored 5 straight right after that to up 4 with a min left

Do the 2 foul shots Embiid made when he drove lane and just fell down. Replay showed no one touched him and all 3 announcers said call sucked ???

Brunson has played/shot poorly

OG has been pedestrian at best

Survive first 10 mins in game 3 , don’t start down 9-0 or 15-3
I am not sure what to make of OG as a long term investment. I was not familiar with his game when in Toronto. The Knicks flourished when he arrived from a W/L perspective and his +/- was off the charts. He seems to have a lot of positive intangible traits particularly on the defensive end and fit in well with Randle and Brunson. Offensively he seems more limited. He can hit a catch and shoot three particularly from the corner, but does not look comfortable putting it on the floor or in transition. Plus he has missed a lot of games during his career. He is a free agent at the end of the year. Do you pay a guy like him $30-35MM over 4/5 years?

I am not sure what to make of OG as a long term investment. I was not familiar with his game when in Toronto. The Knicks flourished when he arrived from a W/L perspective and his +/- was off the charts. He seems to have a lot of positive intangible traits particularly on the defensive end and fit in well with Randle and Brunson. Offensively he seems more limited. He can hit a catch and shoot three particularly from the corner, but does not look comfortable putting it on the floor or in transition. Plus he has missed a lot of games during his career. He is a free agent at the end of the year. Do you pay a guy like him $30-35MM over 4/5 years?

As a FA he'll get paid either by the Knicks or another team. IMO he fits the Knicks scheme's perfectly - especially when Randle comes back. In fact with or without Randle, with OG & Brunson in the lineup together the Knicks record is now 21-2. You don't let guys with that impact leave.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT