ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Clippard and Cuddyer are not going to get it done for the Mets in the World Series. Ever since Clippard hurt his back, he throws nothing but BP. He has to work extra hard to get outs. Cuddyer is worse than pitcher coming to the plate... good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight.

Last edited:
That was a clutch job by Clippard to strike out Cain and Hosmer. Too bad he couldn't get Morales to chase too. The double was not fair by much.

That home run reminded me of Benitez in Game 1 of 2000. I have a bad feeling about this series now. I hope I'm wrong. :flushed:

That was a bad but by Flores, lucky Madson did not try to get Lagares at 2nd.

Cuddyer. Oh my. You want to show you belong, now would be a good time.

Royals catcher is really good. Almost framed that ball 4 into a strike.

Doesn't get any bigger than this for David Wright.

There have been 55 WS games that have gone to extra innings.None have ended in the 13th inning.14 innings has happened twice.

I believe that this is the second longest game by time.

This is the type of game Uribe would have won. I guess they just gave up a roster spot.

Mets offense reverting back to June form.

Wright had more time than he thought on that grounder. He rushed that throw.

I didn't think the Mets would would win Game 1 because of nerves. The Royals had experienced the World Series last year and could better deal with the pressure. But with a one run lead and Familia facing the bottom 3rd of the Royals lineup, it seemed like the Mets would steal one...

Of course the long ball by Gordon was a crusher but there are some other numbers inside the game were just as telling. 1-10 as a team with RISP. 15 strikeouts. About 10 against the KC bullpen. Captain K failed in both a big spot at the plate and in the field. This loss lengthens the odds in the series and I'd say makes game 2 a must win. I don't care to ever see Cuddyer with a bat in his hand again in this series. Lefty or right pitcher it didn't matter. He looked like a pitcher at the plate. And worse than most of the Mets pitchers who can swing the bat well. See if Collins is smart enough to agree.

Reactions: redking
Some notes about Game 1:

- Mets swung at very bad pitches...overanxious perhaps?
- Several Mets going down looking on 3-2 counts was horrible
- Wright is the goat for sure in this game
- Need to have Conforto as DH (and keep him in for full game) and have Lagares in CF...Lagares has earned it.
- There was no need to PH for Kelly Johnson with Cuddyer......Cuddyer is worthless; overweight and over the hill
- Harvey was so so
- Cespedes appears hurt and not fully healthy...and his swing selection was very questionable.
- Game 2 is very important (an understatement)
- Hosmer and Moustakas are punks. I don';t care for them.
- Mets had no will to win in extra innings and not being able to score off Madsen or Chris Young sealed our fate.
- Game 1 tonight reminded me of Game 1 vs Yankees in 2000....the win was there for the taking......
- Mets are now 0-5 in Game 1's of each WS they have played in.....

Reactions: redking
Very tough loss. Familia has been automatic up to this point so you don't expect him to give up a 9th inning HR. Let's hope he gets right back on track. They had the game in let it get away. Extras were not pretty at the plate. The strikeouts were coming at an alarming rate and by the 12th inning I knew we were unlikely to score the next run. Cespedes is not very disciplined with the strike zone but that is not new. He just gets away with it. Don't forget about Moustakas play in the field in I think the 8th inning when we could have tacked on at least one more run. . I agree that my faith in Cuddyer was misplaced. Swinging a very heavy bat and looked bad each at bat. Lagares battled very well. I think he starts tonight. An important game lost but only one game. Need to come ready and play a clean game tonight. Will be interesting to see if Herrara is available tonight since he threw more than 30 pitches last night. LGM!

There were a couple of RISP situations where their was solid contact made and we were thwarted by a defensive play. The one on Flores ball down the line comes immediately to mind but I can't recall the other. That was a huge play. But mostly it was just bad at bats. The usual falling behind and then flailing at anything close or not even close to the strike zone. I'm looking at you Cuddyer. And speaking of this bum, how do you just look at 3-2 fastball right down the middle when you're leading off an inning late in a tie game? You know he doesn't want to put you on. This wasn't getting locked up on 3-2 curve which no hitter is likely to be expecting in that spot. That was a get it over fastball nothing more. And you're a veteran who's played about 12 years in the bigs? Sit his ass down. Let him be a second bench coach.

There were a couple of RISP situations where their was solid contact made and we were thwarted by a defensive play. The one on Flores ball down the line comes immediately to mind but I can't recall the other. That was a huge play. But mostly it was just bad at bats. The usual falling behind and then flailing at anything close or not even close to the strike zone. I'm looking at you Cuddyer. And speaking of this bum, how do you just look at 3-2 fastball right down the middle when you're leading off an inning late in a tie game? You know he doesn't want to put you on. This wasn't getting locked up on 3-2 curve which no hitter is likely to be expecting in that spot. That was a get it over fastball nothing more. And you're a veteran who's played about 12 years in the bigs? Sit his ass down. Let him be a second bench coach.

Totally agree on Cuddyer.

I won't kill D'arnoud, but he took a TERRIBLE called 3rd strike earlier in the game too.

Maybe Zap can chime in, but we were all taught, to choke up and protect the plate in those situations. Even if you slap a pitch you aren't crazy about foul and live to fight for another pitch.

During Lagares' at bat, my wife was like, "why can't he put it in play?" Besides her experience being limited to JV softball...lol...i was like, "his at bat is pure perfection...that's what you're taught to do from the time you can pull your pants up...just NOBODY on this team (besides Grandy and Murphy) actually does it"

I won't kill Cespedes for that butcher job on the inside the parker, but it is evidence that the line-up tonight has to be Lagares in center and Conforto as the DH--setting Cuddyer's decrepit ABs aside. Defensively, that has to be the line-up...and Lagares deserves to play at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT