ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mets 86 game 6 nlcs on now. Saturday 10pm mlb net

If there was only a wild card back then. Mets would have made playoffs every year from 84-92. Law of averages I think would have pounded out another world series title or 2.

If there was only a wild card back then. Mets would have made playoffs every year from 84-92. Law of averages I think would have pounded out another world series title or 2.
No excuse. Those were the rules back then. They were still good enough to win 1 or 2 more if they didnt act like idiots off the field.

No excuse. Those were the rules back then. They were still good enough to win 1 or 2 more if they didnt act like idiots off the field.

Yes, this is true . They did win one though . And that’s still a great accomplishment . World Series champions .
I think the 1998 Yankees go down as the best ny team in the past 50 years as they should by the numbers ....but in a seven game series it would be hard to pick against the 86 mets in that matchup .

Yes, this is true . They did win one though . And that’s still a great accomplishment . World Series champions .
I think the 1998 Yankees go down as the best ny team in the past 50 years as they should by the numbers ....but in a seven game series it would be hard to pick against the 86 mets in that matchup .
Whether you like or not not, 86 Mets and 69 Mets remain most beloved WS teams in NY especially 86 squad. 98 Yankees were just as dominant as 86 Mets but 86 Mets had more charisma and drama and excitement per their playoff wins.

Whether you like or not not, 86 Mets and 69 Mets remain most beloved WS teams in NY especially 86 squad. 98 Yankees were just as dominant as 86 Mets but 86 Mets had more charisma and drama and excitement per their playoff wins.

I would agree with this . If the Yankees won in 2001 they might have had this honor. But they didn’t.

That 86 team probably had more talent than the 90s Yankees teams. Difference was that the Yanks were more professional since the Mets sniffed away at least 1-2 more titles.

I would agree with this . If the Yankees won in 2001 they might have had this honor. But they didn’t.
I would agree with that given the circumstances and the manner in which they won their games in the World Series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT