ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Former Wife Has CA

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
She has been fighting the good fight for over a year now. Last Oct. she had her left upper lobe removed / they thought they got it (i.e. the CA).

However a scan of her brain / upper thoracic regions a few months ago revealed 3 small lesions - two in the brain / one on her right lung. She had an MRI the other day and it revealed another area in the brain that is new. She has had radiation, chemo, targeted chemo....and she's looking for help.

I'm sharing this because even though you might not have the ability to help...you might know someone who can / will.

Her gofundme.com page is under the name Suzanne Morrison (I didn't want to just post her information for people unless you request it).

I am going with her to UCLA re.: clinical trials this week / she has an appointment with the City of Hope .

I will be contributing toward her fund.

Last, they are considering additional radiation but she wonders about alternatives to whole brain therapy (any physicians out there?....please contact me at rutgersmo at roadrunner dot com).

Thanks for considering helping. She, our daughter and I appreciate it.

Paul

Former wife or not this is difficult for anyone. I wish you strength and courage in this battle. Doubt opinions here matter nearly as much as her oncologist. Best of luck. My prayers are with you. Dr. Mike

Former wife or not this is difficult for anyone. I wish you strength and courage in this battle. Doubt opinions here matter nearly as much as her oncologist. Best of luck. My prayers are with you. Dr. Mike
Well said Sir. I echo your sentiments. Prayers MO.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
There is lots of great work going on in the oncology space with CAR-Tvamd other immunoncolgy drugs. I am not really in the loop but a good oncologist should be able to point in the right direction. My thought are with all of you!

Very sorry to hear that, Mo (Paul).

Keep her spirits up with some of that off-the-wall Mo charm. Seriously, that kind of thing can only help.

Paul, so so sorry to hear the news. I have no idea how advanced the facility at UCLA is, but wish you were on the east coast so you could go to Sloan Kettering. What clinical trial(s) will she be involved in?

Our family sends our hopes and prayers in your time of anguish. So sorry to hear the bad news.

Hopes and prayers going out for a full recovery by your ex-wife and peace of mind for all who care for her while she's being treated

In my opinion, someone who develops drugs and follows cancer closely, I would recommend reaching out to UofPenn. They were instrumental in catapulting the immune-Car-T treatments....when all the big drug companies said "No" they funded it themselves taking on huge risks but it works in most patients. They have recently expanded the trials to include primary organ cancers. Best of luck...thoughts and prayers

Look into Dana Farber Cancer Center in Boston.

Also, Duke may have run specific trials for this as well.

Good luck

Sorry to hear. From the limited details here, looking at metastatic lung (presumably stage IV). Worth perusing clinicaltrials.gov which will essentially list just about every currently enrolling trial. If she's looking for a trial for the lung cancer, it may be challenging to find a suitable one because of the brain mets which would exclude her from most if not all immunotherapy trials. You named southern California centers, so assuming she's located there. Yes, places like MSK, MD Anderson, Dana Farber are world renowned, but given her advanced stage, the stress of travel is a tremendous burden. UCLA and City of Hope are two wonderful centers. UCLA's lung group is located in Santa Monica which is a bit less chaotic than the Westwood campus. You might also consider the Angeles Clinic which is affiliated with Cedars Sinai. Best of luck.

In my opinion, someone who develops drugs and follows cancer closely, I would recommend reaching out to UofPenn. They were instrumental in catapulting the immune-Car-T treatments....when all the big drug companies said "No" they funded it themselves taking on huge risks but it works in most patients. They have recently expanded the trials to include primary organ cancers. Best of luck...thoughts and prayers

100% this. Dr. Steven Brem should be your first phone call.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/providers/profile/steven-brem

100% this. Dr. Steven Brem should be your first phone call.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/providers/profile/steven-brem

Novartis should get FDA approval for this program shortly. They are making it at the dendreon faculty in Morris plains. Most of the CAR-T stuff is for soft tissue cancer but it is evolving to hand solod state cancers as well. As most have stated there are very good oncology programs at all the major medical schools.

I know both Mo and Susan
She is as tough a lady as I have ever met. That in itself may not save her but it couldn't hurt. We are all Rutgers fans. We know about hope and prayer and patience

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT