ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Draft

Don't see the big superstars in this draft. If I'm the Celts, I'm thinking what can I do with a trade. Don't know if there are any possibilities to do so, but don't see much difference 1-8 in this draft.

Any defenders of The Trade around to fess up these days? The poor Nets, and I was a fan before they left Jersey, are just hapless. I'd consider trading out Lopez at this point for some picks and just admit that this is about a six year rebuild at least.

They should spend on a great GM. That is what they need more than anything.

Isaiah Briscoe will declare and sign with an agent.

Where the heck do you draft a guy like him, if at all? I just don't see enough upside here.

He's a 6'3 PG, which is ... ok, I guess, for a PG. He improved his shooting tremendously this season, but is still a terrible shooter. That's how bad his frosh year was. I mean, I guess the kid can play some D.

That being said, I wish he'd have come to Rutgers, but I just don't see all that much NBA potential ahead of him.
He would have fit right in at RU. A PG who's a terrible shooter. The only difference is that he probably wouldn't have improved.

Skillet - The Nets have a new GM and that's pretty much his plan.

The Nets are horrible and the Knicks are not too far behind. I can't even watch the NBA any more. It doesn't seem too long ago when the Nets made the Finals two times. Now they are a complete joke. All the rave to go to Brooklyn doesn't look like it paid off. It took years to get approval to build the Barclay Center. Was it really worth it?

The Nets are horrible and the Knicks are not too far behind. I can't even watch the NBA any more. It doesn't seem too long ago when the Nets made the Finals two times. Now they are a complete joke. All the rave to go to Brooklyn doesn't look like it paid off. It took years to get approval to build the Barclay Center. Was it really worth it?

They could make the game tougher. Make the courts more sizable, extend the three point shot. I mean, sometimes I step on a court and think "Wow, this is small."

The NBA would not do that though because the fans are entertained, and money is coming in. I agree though. It is very boring to watch.

Game has become too "3" oriented. Everybody shoots the three. I'd like to see them at least get rid of the corner three. Only 3s from the foul line extended out. Maybe even shrink the hoop size just a little.

Don't see the big superstars in this draft. If I'm the Celts, I'm thinking what can I do with a trade. Don't know if there are any possibilities to do so, but don't see much difference 1-8 in this draft.

Any defenders of The Trade around to fess up these days? The poor Nets, and I was a fan before they left Jersey, are just hapless. I'd consider trading out Lopez at this point for some picks and just admit that this is about a six year rebuild at least.

They should spend on a great GM. That is what they need more than anything.
Not much difference 1-8 in this draft? Really?

Just off the top of my head...

The Celtics need to draft Fultz & focus on the 2nd round. Fultz can play both guard spots, he shot an eye popping 41.3 percent behind the arc, and will become their PG when Thomas leaves.

Ball is a once in a 20 years point guard. I saw it in 2015 and it's more clear now. If other people can't see that, I dunno what to tell you.

Smith has more explosiveness and leaping ability than any of the top 8 picks and he's one year removed from an ACL tear.

Monk plays bigger than his size and is not given enough credit for his perimeter shooting ability.

Isaac has a 9-foot reach and at 6-foot-10 can handle and shoot it. He has to add lots of weight but as he does he becomes a serious combo forward threat.

Those are five of the first eight picks.

Btw, I loved the trade but I'm a huge Celtics fan

Game has become too "3" oriented. Everybody shoots the three. I'd like to see them at least get rid of the corner three. Only 3s from the foul line extended out. Maybe even shrink the hoop size just a little.

Just make the court bigger. Seven strides and a player has taken it from one end to the other without one pass. Extend the 3 pt line would be great.

The Celtics need to draft Fultz & focus on the 2nd round. Fultz can play both guard spots, he shot an eye popping 41.3 percent behind the arc, and will become their PG when Thomas leaves.

Ball is a once in a 20 years point guard. I saw it in 2015 and it's more clear now. If other people can't see that, I dunno what to tell you.

Smith has more explosiveness and leaping ability than any of the top 8 picks and he's one year removed from an ACL tear.

Monk plays bigger than his size and is not given enough credit for his perimeter shooting ability.

Isaac has a 9-foot reach and at 6-foot-10 can handle and shoot it. He has to add lots of weight but as he does he becomes a serious combo forward threat.

Jackson will be the best player to come out of this draft. Tenacious on both ends of the court. Will be Kawhi Leonard-like.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Jackson will be the best player to come out of this draft. Tenacious on both ends of the court. Will be Kawhi Leonard-like.
He has great size for the position but he is a suspect shooter. Needs much improvement in that department

Agreed

When I watch Tatum I see Durant at the same stage of is career.

Just me

If the Lakers want Lonzo that bad (and vice versa), Why wouldn't Ainge engineer a trade to swap with them, and get something additional (any ideas how much? Remember, your not dealing with Billy King).

I think we're saying basically the same thing here, Russ. I didn't meant to imply that players 1-8 were similar in what they do, but rather that it isn't like there is a LeBron in this draft. All those guys are good and not much separates them in terms of potential.

But Lonzo Ball? Better than Steph Curry, Kylie Irving, Russell Westbrook, and Isaiah Thomas? John Wall? Chris Paul? I only saw him in the NCAAs, but he looked ordinary at best against Kentucky. But hell, he's only 19. BTW, if the Celts need a PG, and Ball is one in a generation, why draft Fultz instead of Ball?

What amazes me about the Celts is that other than Thomas, is that they don't really have the league's superstars, and that they have an interesting mix of young and old.

LeBron James? Omg, really? He is not the norm, come on now, I think you realize that otherwise there'd be a LeBron in every draft & on multiple NBA teams.

Btw Ball played hurt vs Kentucky. Ankle injury IIRC.

Ball is a PG, but Fultz can play both guard positions.

LeBron James? Omg, really? He is not the norm, come on now, I think you realize that otherwise there'd be a LeBron in every draft & on multiple NBA teams.

Btw Ball played hurt vs Kentucky. Ankle injury IIRC.

Ball is a PG, but Fultz can play both guard positions.
I think a hamstring on Ball, so we'll give him a pass on that game!

Let me rephrase this, because you know about 1000 times more about the game than I do. If the Celts could trade the #1 to maybe drop down to #5 and pick up a second pick near the end of the first round, would it be worth it?

Ball will have a hard time getting his shot off in the NBA against quicker PG's, and his foot speed compared to the elite PG's isn't there. He is an NBA player. But he isn't a number 2 pick, imo. He won't be able to guard any elite pg either.

And of course there is the dad baggage that comes along with it all.

I agree Cali there are some holes in his game but IMO the Laker take him because they can't afford to be wrong and have him succeed elsewhere.

That would end several front office careers

Plus he fits the whole LA thing-----outrageous comments from the old man when the team is 12-24-----which they will be------constant comments from him which take away from the fact that the team stinks.

It's entertainment ! :):):)

I think a hamstring on Ball, so we'll give him a pass on that game!

Let me rephrase this, because you know about 1000 times more about the game than I do. If the Celts could trade the #1 to maybe drop down to #5 and pick up a second pick near the end of the first round, would it be worth it?
Gosh, I hope the Celtics don't do that. I want Fultz.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
If I'm Boston, I would take Ball and make the Lakers trade Russell this years number 2 pick, and their next year 1st round pick for Ball. If I'm the Knicks, I take Monk or Fox.

Last edited:
Russell and next year's #1? probably 1-4 pick. That'll work. But if they'll do that, why not this year's #2 and Russell? Russell hasn't been a bust, but not what you'd expect from a #2. If the C's don't get anybody in this year's draft, I think their window start closing. They need a great draft and a great Free Agent to seriously challenge LeBron and the Warriors next year, and if they wait til 2018 season, Horford and Thomass will be past their peak.

Russell and next year's #1? probably 1-4 pick. That'll work. But if they'll do that, why not this year's #2 and Russell? Russell hasn't been a bust, but not what you'd expect from a #2. If the C's don't get anybody in this year's draft, I think their window start closing. They need a great draft and a great Free Agent to seriously challenge LeBron and the Warriors next year, and if they wait til 2018 season, Horford and Thomass will be past their peak.
Yea I forgot to include the #2 pick

The Lakers don't have their #1 pick next year. The Sixers own it. And if Boston's dumb enough to take ball, the Lakers should run to the podium and take Fultz (although I'd hope they'd give him to the Sixers).

nirrad --- Billy King is not the Lakers GM. If he was, you'd have a shot of this happening. #2, Russell and next year's First rounder is wayyyyy out of line to move up 1 slot. If it was for LeBron, yeah. But Lonzo?

You have to admire the Ainge rebuild------he knows what he's doing.

While I don't totally agree with Pritz he has a point------the window In pro sports closes quickly. I don't think that's the case here totally but no doubt C's need a piece or two. The core of the team is not old.

I'm sure Ainge shops the pick around the league and sees what he can get for it in terms of a veteran guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT