ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/2-9/4 Sat, Sun, Mon

A team that won 1 conference game over the last 2 years of Cutcliffe and 5 games total overall and Elko comes in and wins 9 games in year 1 and now opens up year 2 with a top 10 win over team with talent supposedly coming out its ears.

Don’t tell me what can and can’t be done.

1/4 billion $ for Dabo and Brian Kelly. They both should give a refund after the starts to their seasons

Reactions: RUTGERS95
One great win isn’t as impressive as taking a lowly team and being very competitive on day 1, and our guy still hasn’t done anything by day 1459.

This might not be the best week to throw shade at Schiano but we’ve seen this movie before, we know how this year will unfold, and that next year people will still be parroting the same pathetic ‘he needs more time’ bs as he continues to steal salary while good coaches elsewhere win early and don’t need excuses

Last edited:
  • Love
Duke ****ing smoked clemson, Dabo is an idiot. Does he think if he ignores the portal and NIL it will just go away?

I've said this before in other threads with regards to style of offense specifically but it applies to other things as well. If you don't evolve and adapt, you increase the risk of being left behind.

A team that won 1 conference game over the last 2 years of Cutcliffe and 5 games total overall and Elko comes in and wins 9 games in year 1 and now opens up year 2 with a top 10 win over team with talent supposedly coming out its ears.

Don’t tell me what can and can’t be done.
not with Greg but the cultists will never hear that

Sounds like they have a handful of players from JSU and couple others but not as much as people make it out to be etc..

From the article:

As good as Colorado’s roster is, Sanders didn’t dominate the transfer market last offseason. His best work was bringing the best of his Jackson State roster with him — sons Shadeur (quarterback) and Shilo (safety), two-way star Travis Hunter, running back Sy'veon Wilkerson, and so on.

Deion grabbed 53 guys from the portal and obviously many of them are capable of playing at a high level, but it’s not like he was plucking starters off SEC or Big Ten powers.

Yet.

Meanwhile, his incoming high school class included just two big-time recruits. Cormani McClain was the nation’s top-rated cornerback out of Florida who flipped from Miami. Dylan Edwards was a gifted running back from Kansas who broke his commitment to Notre Dame. Both starred on Saturday.

Other than that, however, Colorado signed a collection of two- and three-star recruits befitting of a thrown together group to a traditionally losing program. They currently have just nine verbal commits from the class of 2024. There are two four stars — Aaron Butler, an athlete out of California that everyone wanted and Brandon Davis-Swain, a defensive lineman from Michigan previously committed to Notre Dame.

But that’s it. So far.

Anyone who watched Colorado swag into Fort Worth in those white and gold uniforms, who saw Sanders answer any doubts that his team could play with innovation, discipline and toughness, who witnessed the hype and excitement, has to understand that more and higher rated recruits will come, at least for a visit at now sold out Folsom Field.

This is a uniquely charismatic man, a marketer with almost no peer, who looks like he and his players are having more fun than anyone, anywhere. That always works.

Sanders is now armed with proof of concept.

I've said this before in other threads with regards to style of offense specifically but it applies to other things as well. If you don't evolve and adapt, you increase the risk of being left behind.

What exactly is Kevin Johns' style of offense? He cut his teeth under Kevin Wilson at Indiana when Wilson was HC. He made a pit stop at Western Michigan, then Texas Tech, then Memphis before arriving at Duke.

Also, did not realize Robb Smith, former DC at Rutgers and Duke last year, left and is now a defensive analyst at Penn State.

Duke's QB was lightly recruited, or maybe he was just fully committed to Duke?

• Haha
Reactions: newell138

Sounds like they have a handful of players from JSU and couple others but not as much as people make it out to be etc..

From the article:

As good as Colorado’s roster is, Sanders didn’t dominate the transfer market last offseason. His best work was bringing the best of his Jackson State roster with him — sons Shadeur (quarterback) and Shilo (safety), two-way star Travis Hunter, running back Sy'veon Wilkerson, and so on.

Deion grabbed 53 guys from the portal and obviously many of them are capable of playing at a high level, but it’s not like he was plucking starters off SEC or Big Ten powers.

Yet.

Meanwhile, his incoming high school class included just two big-time recruits. Cormani McClain was the nation’s top-rated cornerback out of Florida who flipped from Miami. Dylan Edwards was a gifted running back from Kansas who broke his commitment to Notre Dame. Both starred on Saturday.

Other than that, however, Colorado signed a collection of two- and three-star recruits befitting of a thrown together group to a traditionally losing program. They currently have just nine verbal commits from the class of 2024. There are two four stars — Aaron Butler, an athlete out of California that everyone wanted and Brandon Davis-Swain, a defensive lineman from Michigan previously committed to Notre Dame.

But that’s it. So far.

Anyone who watched Colorado swag into Fort Worth in those white and gold uniforms, who saw Sanders answer any doubts that his team could play with innovation, discipline and toughness, who witnessed the hype and excitement, has to understand that more and higher rated recruits will come, at least for a visit at now sold out Folsom Field.

This is a uniquely charismatic man, a marketer with almost no peer, who looks like he and his players are having more fun than anyone, anywhere. That always works.

Sanders is now armed with proof of concept.
No peer indeed. I posted a brilliant! post in the Prime will Crash and Burn thread which is linked below about Prime and his success. Some posters/fans here want to turn this into a narrative about the way Greg/Rutgers does things, but is there another Prime out there? He is one of a kind and a very unique personality with a very unique background. Who can replicate what he is doing.

And interesting point about the roster. Coaches coach. Look at the X Post you posted above comparing Duke's roster talent versus Clemson's. Why is nobody crowing about Mike Elko the same way as Prime? Cutcliffe had deep sixed Duke in his final 3-4 years, and Elko did a nice job in year 1 with a roster of mostly 3 star talent.

No peer indeed. I posted a brilliant! post in the Prime will Crash and Burn thread which is linked below about Prime and his success. Some posters/fans here want to turn this into a narrative about the way Greg/Rutgers does things, but is there another Prime out there? He is one of a kind and a very unique personality with a very unique background. Who can replicate what he is doing.

And interesting point about the roster. Coaches coach. Look at the X Post you posted above comparing Duke's roster talent versus Clemson's. Why is nobody crowing about Mike Elko the same way as Prime? Cutcliffe had deep sixed Duke in his final 3-4 years, and Elko did a nice job in year 1 with a roster of mostly 3 star talent.

Elko is more under the radar just like his mentor Clawson. So unless you pay attention to coaching, you don't know about him much. I started paying attention to him before he went to ND as DC and I read stuff about him about the things he was doing with less talent as DC of WF.

Part of Sanders' package is all the flash and hoopla, so naturally that will attract more cameras and attention than an understated person but results are results no matter what's going around in the periphery. If you don't get results sooner or later, you'll be an afterthought whether you're Sanders or Elko. Results is what gets you the most attention.

Last edited:

oh but they are! you can't turn on a sports show where they are not harping on his excellent coaching and approach.

Prime is unique however, he's a recognizable name so of course the networks will favor that front but you watch this week, it's going to be the Prime and Elko show

What exactly is Kevin Johns' style of offense? He cut his teeth under Kevin Wilson at Indiana when Wilson was HC. He made a pit stop at Western Michigan, then Texas Tech, then Memphis before arriving at Duke.

Also, did not realize Robb Smith, former DC at Rutgers and Duke last year, left and is now a defensive analyst at Penn State.

Duke's QB was lightly recruited, or maybe he was just fully committed to Duke?

I've mentioned him as possible OC for us at times. Wilson, Norvell, KK all good influences for an offensive coach.

I'm not an expert but I'd say they rely on a run game with some RPO, use Leonard's mobility and somewhat multiple (a term I never like but like I say anything can work). Norvell's offense seems kind of the same but with more talent and I think they go to whatever the qbs strengths might be.

Old article when he got hired at TT.

Here's one on Norvell's offense in the Athletic, it's paywall. His also kind of gives me the same feel as DeBoer's in Washington.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Only on Message Board Geniuses
But that OP is from the Kansas board. Every board has their delusional posters in both directions- over the top positive, and over the top negative. We have a poster who has made MBG posts on Twitter numerous times. Sometimes it seems he may be trying to get there.

that's the kind of $hit that annoys the fk out of me. 1 week, head to head, there should be no question. I don't care how stacked with talent a team is as it matters only for 60 minutes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT