ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA denies JMU Request

The didn’t earn shit. They aren’t eligible.
God forbid winning count for something. Not saying they should be in a NYD bowl but they should be in a lower level bowl for sure. They met the criteria of funding scholarships and playing a full FBS schedule. Plus paid the $5 mil in ransom money to the ncaa. So what is left for them to do? McAfee gets it

God forbid winning count for something. Not saying they should be in a NYD bowl but they should be in a lower level bowl for sure. They met the criteria of funding scholarships and playing a full FBS schedule. Plus paid the $5 mil in ransom money to the ncaa. So what is left for them to do? McAfee gets it
They knew before they took one snap this year that they weren’t eligible for a bowl. The NCAA was nice to allow them to get a bowl spot if there are any open after all of the teams who were actually eligible and finished 6-6 got one.

People are whining as if this is so horrible to JMU specifically. There have been several times in the last few years where teams have missed NCAA basketball tournament bids because they weren’t eligible. FDU only got in and made a run last year because the best team in their conference wasn’t eligible for the the auto bid.

Reactions: robcac26
Why are people finding this so difficult...They wanted to make the move up- they agreed to taking the 2 year bowl rule as part of the deal. They didn't fight it then and that is when you really need to fight it. They entered into a full executable contract. No fine print or tricky language.

Now- well, live with it.

I almost compare t to Pete Rose- sure, he agreed to a shitty deal. But he agreed to a lifetime ban and he received something in return when he accepted it. There was nothing hidden or tricky about his deal either.

I feel JMU has played very well this year and under normal circumstances, they should be in a bowl.
I feel Pete Rose was one of the greatest baseball players ever and under normal circumstances, he should be in the HOF.

It doesn't change the contract that both agreed to.

Literally every single person in this thread would be pissed off if Rutgers was the one being screwed by the NCAA breaking their own rules to let JMU into a bowl and bumping us down a spot. Like I said before, the time to try to get a rule changed is before it affects you, not to beg for the rules to broken just for your own benefit.

That’s my biggest problem with all this hysteria over JMU.

The NCAA is actually treating them very fairly in this. They are not allowing JMU to go to any bowl where their going would negatively affect other schools that earned that bowl bid under the existing rules.

However, the NCAA did make the concession of allowing them to go to a bowl where they don’t bump another school that earned their way in.

Since 5-7 teams do don’t earn a bowl but sometimes get them because of open slots, JMU will get the first open bowl bid before any 5-7 teams.

Totally fair by the NCAA.
They cannot... but what if the situation was that JMU could take Rutgers spot in a bowl game?

I had not even considered that.. because it cannot happen even if they were eligible.. but if I were to try to feel how some other team's fans might feel... yeah.. I get it now.

BTW.. love the way ESPN shilled for them today.. while also arranging for a Jonas Brothers concert during College Gameday to ensure a huge turnout. Maybe that what Rutgers has to do to.. maybe get Pops to ask Kelse to ask Taylor to do a song before Rutgers first Big Ten game next year (she lives in NYC.. easy peasy).. or we get someone somewhere to get Bruce and Bon Jovi .. Southside Johnny.. or someone with real Jersey connections.

Last edited:
They cannot... but what if the situation was that JMU could take Rutgers spot in a bowl game?

I had not even considered that.. because it cannot happen even if they were eligible.. but if I were to try to feel how some other team's fans might feel... yeah.. I get it now.
It does suck for them but they agreed to it. WTF can you really say.
I do feel they will find a way in though. Either as the first team that would have taken a 5-7 spot or you may see an at large over an G5 team.

Would they get in over a 6-6 P5 - no

My initial question was - Why the "mandatory two-year transition period" ? What purpose does that serve?
Easy to see this is as more unnecessary bureaucracy, waste and ineptitude by the NCAA.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ncaa...postseason-eligibility-waiver-request-reports
It’s all money related. Control how much is going into the incoming program. NCAA is an absolute joke. I can’t wait until the power 5 breaks away and creates its own league outside the NCAA. The tv and advertising money will created a true professional “minor league” football.

The better question is why are they moving up in the first place?

NIL is supposed to be ruining college athletics and schools are going to be dropping down football.

Funny how the opposite is happening and teams keep moving UP to FBS.
You enjoy your semi-pro football. Keep paying those mercenaries!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT