ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ND QB Jurkovic Enters The Portal

Has to sit out 2020 but has 2 years more to go. I would have thought Pitts since he is from that area but they just accepted a ASU QB transfer eligible for 3 years starting in 2021.

He is legit. Just frustrated by lack of playing time. Book is back and they recruited well. From he little I have seen him play in games and scrimmages he would be the best QB on the RU roster day 1. Unfortunately he has to sit which is why it was felt he would stay and wait Book out next year. Good player and good kid. I can’t imagine GS wouldn’t explore him.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
He is legit. Just frustrated by lack of playing time. Book is back and they recruited well. From he little I have seen him play in games and scrimmages he would be the best QB on the RU roster day 1. Unfortunately he has to sit which is why it was felt he would stay and wait Book out next year. Good player and good kid. I can’t imagine GS wouldn’t explore him.
Sounds like he enrolled at BC and starts classes Monday. Assume he’ll appeal to NCAA for immediate eligibility. Never know how that process will go.

Sounds like he enrolled at BC and starts classes Monday. Assume he’ll appeal to NCAA for immediate eligibility. Never know how that process will go.
Seems more and more that process is turning into a rubber stamp. Not sure how they can say yes to Fields, Burrow and Hurts and turn around and tell this kid no.

Reactions: Knightmoves
He has committed to play there. Would have been a nice get for RU. I think he will be an NFL QB in the future. Not necessarily a starter but he has skills. Just too crowded at ND for him. Plus he had some personality conflicts with the OC who is gone. Would love to see RU land a legit QB from the portal.

If transferring for playing time and to be close to your girlfriend constitutes grounds for a hardship case..... Let’s just say that the NCAA should just eliminate the formality and let everyone who transfer play their first year.

Reactions: 78CollegeAve
His girlfriend plays field hockey at Boston University. Anyone trying to tell me that this wasn’t in the bag before he ever entered the portal is nuts. Parochial school to parochial school AND gets to bang his girlfriend every night. Pretty simple and likely had very little to do With the new coaching staff.

If transferring for playing time and to be close to your girlfriend constitutes grounds for a hardship case..... Let’s just say that the NCAA should just eliminate the formality and let everyone who transfer play their first year.
Would think proximity to his girlfriend factored into choosing BC, but I doubt that will be part of the appeal. No idea what his grounds are for appeal or what the NCAA rationale is for granting or refusing. Very little consistency in different cases. Langan won his appeal and I don’t think he had extenuating circumstances.

That's a great waiver petition: Need to relocated to Boston to bang my girlfriend every night. Seem like a legit hardship.

Has to sit out 2020 but has 2 years more to go. I would have thought Pitts since he is from that area but they just accepted a ASU QB transfer eligible for 3 years starting in 2021.

Correct.

Joey Yellan (transfer QB from Arizona State) committed to Pitt Dec. 16 and is already attending classes.

Good get for Hafley.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Correct.

Joey Yellan (transfer QB from Arizona State) committed to Pitt Dec. 16 and is already attending classes.

Good get for Hafley.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I don’t follow this stuff much at all so don’t know the rules but seeing the twitter feeds of some of the reporters I follow I think the transfer player has to make a decision and enroll at their new school before the semester classes start.

The whole BC thing is f'in over rate.

This was the worst time for them to get a new coach regardless of who they hired. Adazzio was a sinking ship. Hafley is going to be good and now they will be competitive against RU.

This was the worst time for them to get a new coach regardless of who they hired. Adazzio was a sinking ship. Hafley is going to be good and now they will be competitive against RU.
We just have to do our own thing and not worry about anyone else. Lock down the state and then Boston Community College can go recruit New Hampshire and Vermont.

Another qb in the portal that was talked about here and I think this was expected when he sat out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT