ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020 season

Sanchez is brutal. The number of "swing and misses" is unbelevable.

This is an odd year, but this team has holes and the non productive outs will kill them come the post season.

Sanchez is brutal. The number of "swing and misses" is unbelevable.

This is an odd year, but this team has holes and the non productive outs will kill them come the post season.
I think I'm ready to finally burn my membership card in the Gary Sanchez Fan Club.

Reactions: MitchLL
How can somebody judge Andujar's hitting this year using 14 at bats an indicator? He needs reps and the only way to get consistent ones is by sending him down. He'll be up when there's an offensive player injury.
Sending him down where?

Not me. I got killed for saying Bird wasn't a major leaguer from the start. People were in love with his one magic home run.
And now we have the Andujar defenders chiming in. They must not have seen game 1 against the Phillies. The only thing worse than his at bats is his fielding. My god he can't play the field at all. Anywhere.
Andujar deserves the benefit of the doubt. God forbid he gets a chance to come back from injury after 1+ years off.

He had a great rookie year, got hurt for pretty much his entire 2nd year. Now, you're giving up on him? He'd be the starting 3rd baseman right now if the Yanks didn't get lucky on Gio. Yes, he plays shitty defense. He should be a 5 day a week DH right now easily especially with Glassboy Stanton on the IL.

I cannot believe Stanton hurt himself again. At this rate, they'll have to rename the Carl Pavano Memorial MRI tube after him.

Reactions: GSGS
Andujar deserves the benefit of the doubt. God forbid he gets a chance to come back from injury after 1+ years off.

He had a great rookie year, got hurt for pretty much his entire 2nd year. Now, you're giving up on him? He'd be the starting 3rd baseman right now if the Yanks didn't get lucky on Gio. Yes, he plays shitty defense. He should be a 5 day a week DH right now easily especially with Glassboy Stanton on the IL.
That is the issue. He needs to prove he can hit again because he can't play the field.

That is the issue. He needs to prove he can hit again because he can't play the field.
After watching today's game and the whole series in Tampa it seems to me that there's a lot of guys on this team that need to prove they can hit.

Stanton to the IR again? Just avoid the constant roster changes and make him an assistant hitting instructor for the remainder of his contract already.

Nice to see Voit on pace for a 48 HR season (projected over a "normal" 162 game season). :Eyes: :See:

Last edited:
The hitting outside a few guys has been horrendous this year. Pitching not much better but..,your middle to late relief, very good.
They have keep you where you are

Ironically, Sanchez, Hicks and Torres are all having a good start to this game. Good job on the reverse jinx.
Clint Frazer too. Bravo to him. I've been very critical of his play but having a great return.

Clint Frazer too. Bravo to him. I've been very critical of his play but having a great return.
Frazier is batting 1.000. Perhaps he should have been on the team since the beginning? Stanton is a walking muscle pull and I still don't understand the fascination with Hicks.

Frazier is batting 1.000. Perhaps he should have been on the team since the beginning? Stanton is a walking muscle pull and I still don't understand the fascination with Hicks.
And neither is going anywhere in the next 9 years+

Reactions: Rhuarc
Without Kahnle and Chapman, outside of Britton and Green... the NYY bullpen is dogshit!

Britton needs a NYY blowout in the Friday game.

Holder is good. 0.00 era
ERA can be deceiving. Holder was not good tonite. With a three run lead... Britton should not have had to come in and throw 13 pitches plus 20 something pitches warming up.

Little things like this can bite you in the ass if Chapman is out for another 10-14 days. Britton has gotten used A LOT in the first 18 games.

ERA can be deceiving. Holder was not good tonite. With a three run lead... Britton should not have had to come in and throw 13 pitches plus 20 something pitches warming up.

Little things like this can bite you in the ass if Chapman is out for another 10-14 days. Britton has gotten used A LOT in the first 18 games.
0.00 is really tough to argue with.

Without Kahnle and Chapman, outside of Britton and Green... the NYY bullpen is dogshit!

Britton needs a NYY blowout in the Friday game.
When is Chapman due back ?
BTW, they named Holder wrong.

With Kahnle out and Chapman iffy... I fully expect Cashman to get some relievers at the trade deadline.

The problem is with a shortened season... and likely Boston/Seatttle/Pittsburgh the only teams certain to not make the playoffs, pickings might be pretty slim.

Judge to the 10 day IL.

It's effing baseball. How the hell do you not stay healthy outside of crashing into a wall? Outside of pitchers...position players should barely ever be injured.
He came out after jogging a home run trot. How does that happen.

He came out after jogging a home run trot. How does that happen.

logo.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT