ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

1-year prove it deal! :)
I’m trying to remember his knock- was it too many guys on base or fly outs?

I know it seems he alternates good/bad but there has to be another reason a 2 time CY doesn’t have teams fighting for him.

Question for you all- I would think Soto/Judge are a sure 2/3 hitters. What would be the thought if Boone does something different?

I’m trying to remember his knock- was it too many guys on base or fly outs?

I know it seems he alternates good/bad but there has to be another reason a 2 time CY doesn’t have teams fighting for him.
He's a sissy that only pitches 5 innings.

Last year he went 6 innings more than 5 but historically he is closer to a 5 inning pitcher. He gives up less fly balls than Cole but I believe it's still above average.

It ain't my money, go get him.

Will be an interesting year for the Yankees. Sounds like Stanton may be coming in ready to make a difference and a different mindset- imagine if he puts a 35/100 year together with a full season from Judge and Soto in the lineup. I can also see Volpe making a huge step too. More in the .250-.270 and 25 HR range.

Yanks may be able to pound their way out of trouble if a couple of the starters falter.

It looks to me like the Yankees are gonna pass on Snell and count on either Will Warren, Chase Hampton, or Luis Gil to fill any rotation spots that open up during the season.

It looks to me like the Yankees are gonna pass on Snell and count on either Will Warren, Chase Hampton, or Luis Gil to fill any rotation spots that open up during the season.
Not to mention the dozens of discards that Cashman takes a flyer on during the season when they get released. I'm guessing someone will have a bounce back year for us.

Plus or minus 130 games?
You have to learn how to manage your injuries and movements.
I’m betting he can make every baseball related move at full speed while consciously avoiding doing anything that may jeopardize it.
If dragging your toe sliding head first puts you in a compromising position, slide feet first.
All athletes who play at the elite level have to manage their injuries.
I can manage to drag railroad ties and cinder blocks all over my back yard, yet throw my neck out brushing my hair.
He will be fine.

You have to learn how to manage your injuries and movements.
I’m betting he can make every baseball related move at full speed while consciously avoiding doing anything that may jeopardize it.
If dragging your toe sliding head first puts you in a compromising position, slide feet first.
All athletes who play at the elite level have to manage their injuries.
I can manage to drag railroad ties and cinder blocks all over my back yard, yet throw my neck out brushing my hair.
He will be fine.
I assumed he would have gotten surgery for the toe tendon in the offseason, but I guess this didn't happen. Just don't do any dumb stuff in the regular season. Not needed.

Sounds like he wastes a lot of pitches which is why he only goes 5-6 innings.
That has been one of the knocks along with the injury history. When he is in, he throws a lot of pitches to get his results, so teams are wary about giving him a long-term deal. As a fan, I generally hate the length of these deals anyway, regardless of red flag factors.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
That has been one of the knocks along with the injury history. When he is in, he throws a lot of pitches to get his results, so teams are wary about giving him a long-term deal. As a fan, I generally hate the length of these deals anyway, regardless of red flag factors.
Long contracts are dumb, especially for starting pitchers.

I wouldn't be as concerned about this if he wasn't slated to play centerfield regularly.
He will have less interaction with fences in fair and foul territory😊

The potential collisions with a 6-7 270 pound man at full speed and no equipment on will be epic though.!

Torres and Volpe have a lot of work to do preparing for tweeners with him out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
He will have less interaction with fences in fair and foul territory😊

The potential collisions with a 6-7 270 pound man at full speed and no equipment on will be epic though.!

Torres and Volpe have a lot of work to do preparing for tweeners with him out there.
Hate to be either one of those guys going all out on a popup in a full loud stadium and Judge not hearing anyone call them off, yikes.
Ambo GIF by St John Ambulance

Reactions: zappaa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT