ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

ESPN, not that they're always relevant, had a story about why Snell would be a bad fit in NYY.

For someone ignorant like me, why would that be the case?
TIA
I couldn't find the article so it's tough to say. He doesn't really give up that many fly ball outs and that's the usual concern. At this point, I'm just glad they got somebody. I would still like to see them take on another back of the end of the starter actually. And a reliever.

If he stays healthy (140 innings) he gets a 3rd year for $18 million. Is just 140 innings the benchmark these days for pitchers? He is a risk as it seems to be he is not a team guy. He turned down $21 million player option with the Cubs. Seems to burn bridges of every organization he has played with. However, in streaks he has electric stuff. Glad the Yankees got off the couch and finally went back to work after the Soto deal. Yankees also signed Soto to a $31 million deal to avoid arbitration which is a record deal passing Ohtani's deal.

Reactions: Kbee3
Cashman is going all out to win it all in '24 as he fears that Trump is returning.
The Yankees have not won a WS with a Republican in the White House since 1958,losing since in 1960(Ike),1976(Ford),1981 (Reagan) and both 2001 and 2003(W).They can't waste Biden's term without winning after going 1-0 with BO,4-0 with BC,and 2-0 with JC.
Across town,the Mets figure that they can't lose either way as they do much better with the GOP in Washington and in second terms of Democrats.

If he stays healthy (140 innings) he gets a 3rd year for $18 million. Is just 140 innings the benchmark these days for pitchers? He is a risk as it seems to be he is not a team guy. He turned down $21 million player option with the Cubs. Seems to burn bridges of every organization he has played with. However, in streaks he has electric stuff. Glad the Yankees got off the couch and finally went back to work after the Soto deal. Yankees also signed Soto to a $31 million deal to avoid arbitration which is a record deal passing Ohtani's deal.
They better go in as much as possible. I don't think they're gonna have much luck in signing Soto long term if they don't blow him away with big money. That's one of the reasons I didn't like the Soto deal. A lot to give up for most likely a 1 year rental.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Well this makes me feel better about the Stroman signing. I also was one of those who was leary when Yankees signed Sheffield as he was considered a disruption in the clubhouse. However, he always wanted to be a Yankee and it worked out.
Good read here.

Well this makes me feel better about the Stroman signing. I also was one of those who was leary when Yankees signed Sheffield as he was considered a disruption in the clubhouse. However, he always wanted to be a Yankee and it worked out.
Good read here.
Also, did you see the Boras ask for Snell? 9 years, 270 million! The Yankees supposedly did 30 a year for 5 years (which is a damn good offer for an inconsistent pitcher) and they turned it down. Too bad winning takes a back seat to money for some.

I never really thought the Yankees would sign him, but did he have to go to the friggin Astros ?
Just gotta hope that his arm blows up. An article I read said that he lost an notch on his fastball last year, so who knows.

Why would you ever wish an injury like that on a player? He steal your wife?
Stop being so sensitive. I don't actually sit here with a voodoo doll and poke needles in his arm. Jeez. You guys are the ones who nitpick every other team's every pickup. I'm more worried about what the Yankees do/not do for their own team.

Stop being so sensitive. I don't actually sit here with a voodoo doll and poke needles in his arm. Jeez. You guys are the ones who nitpick every other team's every pickup. I'm more worried about what the Yankees do/not do for their own team.
Ignore him. He is a F-ing Mets fan who pretends he just wants to talk baseball.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I just made a general statement. Has nothing to do with any team.
Just can’t understand a fan of any team wishing something catastrophic on a player because of a different team they are on.
So much different if you just say- hope he has his worst year.
I know you really don’t wish injury on him but always just strange to me to hear that particular statement.

I just made a general statement. Has nothing to do with any team.
Just can’t understand a fan of any team wishing something catastrophic on a player because of a different team they are on.
So much different if you just say- hope he has his worst year.
I know you really don’t wish injury on him but always just strange to me to hear that particular statement.
I've always defended you and accepted you while you post in the Yankee thread. I'd hope you would not assume the worst about me.

No, i don't want him actually blowing his arm out. However, I question whether the integrity of his arm is still strong or if his loss in velocity is just natural aging.

I've always defended you and accepted you while you post in the Yankee thread. I'd hope you would not assume the worst about me.

No, i don't want him actually blowing his arm out. However, I question whether the integrity of his arm is still strong or if his loss in velocity is just natural aging.
let's move on...wasn't really meant to be personal as I see it in our football threads too. Just one of the few triggers for me.

Anyway- Hader did seem to lose a little, no idea if long term but I would think he would have been a great addition for anyone that wanted to pay.

Reactions: Rhuarc
It's being rumored that the Yankees are on the verge of signing Hector Neris for their bullpen.

Reactions: MitchLL
The one thing that the Yankees do well is churn out young arms that fit into the bullpen. I understand the need for having some experienced guys though. I wonder if they're still going after Peralta. Neris seems like a solid addition depending upon the price/years.

I guess not.
Piggy bank must be empty. It's alarming to see how the Yankees brass don't realize how important it is to go all in while Judge and Cole are still at their peak. I mean, when you have a mega-budget what's it matter if you spend another 10 million on a reliever to fortify the bullpen?

Piggy bank must be empty. It's alarming to see how the Yankees brass don't realize how important it is to go all in while Judge and Cole are still at their peak. I mean, when you have a mega-budget what's it matter if you spend another 10 million on a reliever to fortify the bullpen?

It's not another $10 million. You have to consider the tax on certain payroll levels. That $10 million might actually be 20 or 25 after all is said and done and the reliver in question may not be worth that.

It's not another $10 million. You have to consider the tax on certain payroll levels. That $10 million might actually be 20 or 25 after all is said and done and the reliver in question may not be worth that.
I doubt it would add 20/25 million as the Yankees are already over the cap. The highest is 60% so the max is an additional $6 mill more if they don't cross another threshold.

Reactions: Rhuarc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT