ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NHL Off Season Thread

Well Matthew Tkachuk was traded to the Florida Panthers for Jonathon Huberdeau, Mackenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, and a conditional 1st round pick in 2025. The pick is partially protected.

If he wasn't going to St. Louis or Nashville, he wanted a state with no state income tax. I think this is a case where a player cost the team trading him, a lot of value.

Unless Fitzgerald gets the Blues to trade Tarashenko, I think the Devils play the kids and hope.

Tarasenko will be going to a division rival but not NJ.

Reports were that NJ was not on his destination list, but TKACHUK is exactly what that org needs. It’s too bad because I think that GM would have rolled the dice here and made the blockbuster. They need to make moves. Sounds like they were in it with Johnny Hockey until the final second. I still think we see a big swing at some point from both them and NYI. The latter needs a shot in the arm to keep their window open, the former needs one to open it.

Maybe it was a good thing devils didn’t get Matthew Tkachuck from Calgary , Calgary got an absolute haul from Florida and devils would’ve had to maybe give up a guy like Bratt or Nico

Reactions: robcac26
Reports were that NJ was not on his destination list, but TKACHUK is exactly what that org needs. It’s too bad because I think that GM would have rolled the dice here and made the blockbuster. They need to make moves. Sounds like they were in it with Johnny Hockey until the final second. I still think we see a big swing at some point from both them and NYI. The latter needs a shot in the arm to keep their window open, the former needs one to open it.

Agree with your premise, but they might have to wait until season starts now. Not too many big names left, and some teams might be waiting to see how they do coming out of the gate.

Kakko inks 2 year deal.
I love Mollie, but she has to be out of her mind to even mention Dryden Hunt competing for a top 6 spot
This should make Krup’s head explode…lol
Hunt should need a super strong camp to be a swing man and add depth to the 4th line at best.

Last edited:
Kakko inks 2 year deal.
I love Mollie, but she has to be out of her mind to even mention Dryden Hunt competing for a top 6 spot
This should make Krup’s head explode…lol
Hunt should need a super strong camp to be a swing man and add depth to the 4th line at best.

Agree, Hunt is depth at best.

Reactions: zappaa
Devils sign Jesper Bratt to a 1 year contract
Now they should work on a trade! Our history is not good, when things go like this. It should have been an 8-year 56 to 59 million contract. I think this is just delaying the inevitable!

I wouldn’t trade him
I don't want to. However, if you can't strike a long-term deal, you risk losing him for nothing! If they were going to come to a long-term deal, I think it would have happened this off-season.

By NOT getting a lengthy deal done, the Devils are now between a rock and a hard place. He probably gets them a 1st round pick in '23, quite possibly more in a trade.

ADVERTISEMENT