ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ Devils 2023-2024 Thread

Pre Season starts tomorrow
2 games @ Montreal and home Filthydelphia

Do the devils trade some prospect depth for a goalie ??

Mercer 30 goals ? You paying Mercer ?

Can’t wait to see Luke all year !

Really excited for this season

Pre Season starts tomorrow
2 games @ Montreal and home Filthydelphia

Do the devils trade some prospect depth for a goalie ??

Mercer 30 goals ? You paying Mercer ?

Can’t wait to see Luke all year !

Really excited for this season
We’re going no further than we did last season without a real #1 G.

Pure talent? I think it's the most talented ever.

Needs to prove it can bring the toughness, compete, and defensive responsibility our cup teams brought, but pure talent I think this group tops our all time teams.
Good points.

It’s a much different game now but that 95 team had some big, tough strong dudes and most were very good players

The 2000 team is prob our best ever.

Goaltending also a question mark today.

Good points.

It’s a much different game now but that 95 team had some big, tough strong dudes and most were very good players

The 2000 team is prob our best ever.

Goaltending also a question mark today.
Completely agree. The 2000-01 team was possibly even more talented. Those famously boring Devils led the league in scoring and PP%. Top 5 in GA. 48-19-12-3 overall record. That Cup loss to Colorado still stings - the dynasty that almost was.

Elias - Arnott - Sykora
Brylin - Gomez - Mogilny
Madden - Holik - McKay
Pandolfo - Nemchinov - Stevenson

Stevens - Rafalski
White - Niedermayer
Daneyko - O'Donnell

Brodeur
Vanbiesbrouck

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Completely agree. The 2000-01 team was possibly even more talented. Those famously boring Devils led the league in scoring and PP%. Top 5 in GA. 48-19-12-3 overall record. That Cup loss to Colorado still stings - the dynasty that almost was.

Elias - Arnott - Sykora
Brylin - Gomez - Mogilny
Madden - Holik - McKay
Pandolfo - Nemchinov - Stevenson

Stevens - Rafalski
White - Niedermayer
Daneyko - O'Donnell

Brodeur
Vanbiesbrouck

O’Donnell underperformed and was a weak link.

Losing McKay to injury for the rest of the series in I think game-1 of the Finals hurt big time.

If the Gomez goal wasn’t waived off on Game 6 we prob win.

But no guarantees we would have won in 2003 if we won in 2001

I too lean towards 2000-2001 team as Devils best one yet. I think if we had a healthy Niedermayer they would have beaten the Avs. He got oblivated by a Tie Domi cheap shot in the series vs the Leafs and he was never right the rest of the playoffs.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
Miller will be playing over Nemec. IDT he's ready yet and Miller is a great replacement for Severson, especially at the fraction of the price
To start the season, I agree. I think they want Nemec to start the year in Utica. But I think by year’s end Nemec is in over Miller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT