ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants 2021 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's the Daniel Jones we all know and hate. He just crumbles like he's paralyzed losing all motor function whenever he gets hit.

The Jetsification of the Gs is almost complete??

😆

This team is really bad. I can't find one aspect which excels. Our Special Teams Head Coach doesn't have long in his Head Coaching career.

Nice play by Logan Ryan at the end of the first half!

This team is really bad. I can't find one aspect which excels. Our Special Teams Head Coach doesn't have long in his Head Coaching career.
It’s really a shame what’s become of this franchise over the last 5-7 years or so. Completely non-competitive. In an era of offensive football, this team consistently struggles to score 20 points in a game. As a franchise, we’re supposed to be consistently good in the same vain as the Steelers, Cowboys, etc. Instead we’ve been on par with the Jets for a prolonged period of time.

I would comment but then I'll be called a "hater" because I wanted to draft Herbert and trade for Watson.

Jones was our leading rusher with 27 yards.
Are we supposed to be happy about that still or was that only a 2020 season thing?

My vote for worst call of the weekend. Boneheaded. Exposing your qb for what exactly? S for brains.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. This season was set when they bought out Zeitler and spent all their free agent money on guys that will be too far down the field to help Danny get up off the ground. Giants needed O-Line and edge rush and got everything but.
That is neat and tidy analysis and dang spot-on!🤭

Daniel Jones was not the reason we lost today. Horrible play by the Dbacks ( who are supposed to be the strength of the team) and unimaginative play calling by our ginger-haired OC.

Daniel Jones was not the reason we lost today. Horrible play by the Dbacks ( who are supposed to be the strength of the team) and unimaginative play calling by our ginger-haired OC.

Defense line/edge gave Bridgewater too much time in the pocket and he generally picked apart the Giants over the middle. Any pro-QB with time will pick a defense apart - no matter how good the defensive backfield is,

Agree on the OC - if I'm Judge and I want to think about saving my job longer term - I might take the play calling away from Garrett immediately.

Offensive line was terrible - but Jones needs to play better. His red zone lapses in play was critical to the outcome, including the fumble and lack of conversion over 4 downs inside the 10.

It doesn't matter. This season was set when they bought out Zeitler and spent all their free agent money on guys that will be too far down the field to help Danny get up off the ground. Giants needed O-Line and edge rush and got everything but.
Well said. Also, the guys that Gettleman did get either had a lengthy injury history or were about to have surgery.

Reactions: czxqa
At what point does Judge take accountability/blame for the offense?
He hired Garrett. He's kept Garrett for a 2nd year when everyone knew he was a bad hire to begin with.

Are we falling into the familiar "OC continuity" argument again?

Reactions: Morrischiano
I bought the narrative that 2021 would be different:
-a yr of maturity in the 2nd season with Jason Garrett
-more weapons at WR
-the return of Saquan
-the top defensive backfield

It’s just more of the same. They struggle to score points and offense drives aren’t sustained. The Giants either need huge plays to score and 3rd down conversions seem like mini miracles.

Every other game I watched yesterday, QBs are hitting WRs that are wide open. Not with this offense.

Curious on where Gates went to school I went to his Wiki page and boy that was quick and what the hell is with the last sentence?

On September 18, 2021 during the first quarter against the Washington Football Team on Thursday Night Football, Gates suffered a serious lower leg injury. He notably smiled while being carted off the field.

Gates ankle snapped in half

Rewatched video
to be honest ....he got hurt because he was steamrolled backwards into another lineman getting steamrolled and the other lineman was throw on his ass into Gates’ left ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT