ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants 2021 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost track now, this is for you more informed Giants fans. Are we no hope, rebuilding, rebuilt or somewhere in between at this point? I watched last night and know we didn't play many starters, but it just dawned on me. I don't even know who 3/4's of the guys out there were last night. And as far as Barkley, what's the over/under on how many games he plays this year, 8, 9?

s-l300.jpg

Late in his life, what did the Rev. Billy Graham have in common with the Cowboys?

They both could get 60,000 fans in Cowboy stadium to stand up and shout "Jesus Christ!" at the same time

I've lost track now, this is for you more informed Giants fans. Are we no hope, rebuilding, rebuilt or somewhere in between at this point? I watched last night and know we didn't play many starters, but it just dawned on me. I don't even know who 3/4's of the guys out there were last night. And as far as Barkley, what's the over/under on how many games he plays this year, 8, 9?

And 3/4's of the guys who were out there won't be on the final 53. Too early to tell about the team, but with a 17 game regular season I'd take the over if the line on how many games Barkley plays is 9.

Reactions: koleszar
So remember when I said the Giants needed to pay for a competitive backup QB? Especially if the team wanted to actually compete for a playoff spot?

So much for that. Good thing we couldn't even contemplate bringing in someone with actual skill to challenge Jones.

Even forgetting the possiblity of Jones ineffectiveness - the OL is still a disaster and good chance Jones gets banged up.

The biggest issue with the Giants is the OLine. Will it become as good as Gettleman seems to think it will? If it plays like last year, you won’t even have a meaningful chance to evaluate Jones because he’ll be under siege all year. Next up is whether Gettleman’s big free agent signings (WR, CB and TE) can stay healthy, because they each have a history of losing significant time to injury. I guess you can throw Barkley into that group.

So the Giants aren't going to play their starters on offense in any of these preseason games? Strange move as no one usually plays their starters in the last preseason game. I figured they'd get two or three series today,

So the Giants aren't going to play their starters on offense in any of these preseason games? Strange move as no one usually plays their starters in the last preseason game. I figured they'd get two or three series today,

Next week. And they did scrimmage the Browns 1st unit vs. 1st unit for two days.

Next week. And they did scrimmage the Browns 1st unit vs. 1st unit for two days.
Aren't they doing the same thing with New England next week? I read they're going up to Foxboro to scrimmage then back to New Jersey for the game. Might not see the starters till game 1.

Nothing to see here.

It's not like an offense with an inconsistent QB, bad OL and new WR additions need as many reps as as possible in game situations to gel and come together.

Offense has been basically plug and play and done so great recently....

Doesn't have to do with the 2021 season but they just released this video a few days ago. Great watch if your a Giants fan. Love hearing Manning and Tuck talk about it.

Andrew Thomas right now looks like a complete waste of a 1st round draft pick. 2 drives and gives up two sacks and a TFL on a run. Looks like Eric Flowers 2.0

Jones will not make the entire season. He will be maimed and killed by mid-season. Barkley should act hurt this year and just ask for a trade.

Last edited:
Looks like the farther off the LOS they the better the defense is. LBs better than the DL and the DBa are better than the LBs.

O line still seems horrible. Jones making same brutal decisions. No way he plays all 16 games. They haven't had a O line in what seems like 8 years.

Intermediate routes open over the middle against the Giants D. I seem to remember seeing this before.

Bridgewater just slicing through our D. Denver couldn’t have drawn up that end of half drive any better.

My God, Joe Judge doesn't even know the NFL rules! This over 8 min. drive is an absolute back breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT