ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

You can have a 1-2 week slump, but he's in a month long one. He can't do that when his salary is 1/7th of the team's payroll. I should have been more specific.
He's got another week left in April. He looked better today. Oakland isn't exactly sending out Koufax and Drysdale for the next two games.
Despite the start there's every reason to expect a typical super-productive season from Judge.

Unfortunately, we won't be free of his contract for another 3 years I believe.

Evan Longoria is available I believe. Sign him on the cheap and let him mentor the young kids if DJ is out for a lot longer.

Reactions: RUPete
Unfortunately, we won't be free of his contract for another 3 years I believe.

Evan Longoria is available I believe. Sign him on the cheap and let him mentor the young kids if DJ is out for a lot longer.
Fire Cashman.

So true.
Not a good sign that the Yankees are struggling with them.
And that owner is worth 3 billion dollars, pleads poverty and won't even come up with a decent payroll. These owners are 100 times more harmful to the game than the big spenders. It's not even close.

And that owner is worth 3 billion dollars, pleads poverty and won't even come up with a decent payroll. These owners are 100 times more harmful to the game than the big spenders. It's not even close.
I have said this so often. There has to be a min cap too. Anything in xxmil- loses a certain % of tge revenue sharing that is taxed to the clubs over cap.

Reactions: Rhuarc
I was talking about the guys that were on the field. As for the closer (who I had to look up) what is Mason Miller memorable for?
I hadn't heard of him either.
He's a rookie. 103 mph fastball and a nasty slider. He's thrown 15 of the 18 fastest pitches this season in MLB. Twenty strikeouts in 10 innings pitched.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: colbert17
And tonight the Yanks turned the game over to a guy who has already been cut by three other teams this season...and it's still April.
What do you think happened ?
Of course the three, four, and five hitters going a combined 0-14 didn't help.

Last edited:
And tonight the Yanks turned the game over to a guy who has already been cut by three other teams this season...and it's still April.
What do you think happened ?
Of course the three, four, and five hitters going a combined 0-14 didn't help.
Add in leadoff hitter...0-19.

At this point Gleyber is just worthless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT