ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

What happened to Jett Williams? I see he's injured.

If an outfielder on the big league team were to go down for 2 weeks, who would get the call up? At this time would it be Ramirez from double AA?

If an outfielder on the big league team were to go down for 2 weeks, who would get the call up? At this time would it be Ramirez from double AA?
They haven't said anything about Williams but he was HBP twice in a game and hasn't played since.

No I don't think Ramirez would be the first OF called up. We might see him next year if he keeps this up though.

Marco Vargas was activated and will be back tonight.

Last edited:

If an outfielder went down, I think they'd bring up a veteran - either Ben Gamel or Trayce Thompson. Or maybe now that Zach Short is gone, they bring up an infielder (Jose Iglesias?) and move McNeil to OF.

Would be nice if they had the positional flexibility to bring up Vientos in this circumstance, but I doubt it.

Reactions: gmay8
Just another reminder that, while improved, the system still needs work. I’m confident that Stearns is working on it. But it doesn’t happen overnight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT