ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Giants Off Season Thread

He is considered a very good O line coach. As of right now the Falcons don't have a head coach, normally they grant position coaches interviews. I read this is considered odd for a franchise to do this. The new HC may want to hire his own staff. The Chargers also did the same thing with there special teams coach when the Giants requested an interview.

This guy from the Raiders is considered good as well. This will be one of the more important hires for the Giants. They need to get this right as there O line has been bad for the last 10+ years

I wonder if Giants consider Pat Flaherty
He did coach for them in the past (11 years actually)

This just reeks of Wink and the coaches that follow him airing their dirty laundry in the press and trying to sabotage Daboll going forward. We’ll see if Daboll survives this.

Maybe Mara uses this as an opportunity to grab Belichick. Unlikely, but ya never know.

These guys are usually pretty good for there Giants talk. It's no secret now that Wink and Daboll did not get along. I think Wink was the leak to Jay Glazer who first reported it. The stuff with Kafka who knows if thats true. Some of it may be. He yells at and MF's other coaches. A bunch of other coaches have done this before too I can guarantee. Daboll came up under Saban and Bellichek, you think they never cursed at other coaches. At the end of last season everyone loved him, this year after the Wink stuff and a losing season that all changed? The players kept paying hard at the end of the year when they were out of it. That means something

All sports are soap operas now.
WFAN is he said/he said very often.
Then there is the tactic of hosts sounding quarrelsome with the assumption listeners find it compelling.
That is a reason athletes and coaches dont want to do call-in to shows anymore.
The quarrel mode was especially easy in NY because the sports have sucked for so long.
Francesa, Benigno, Tierney and Licata like like to project from a point of hostility.
Francesa and Benigno especially spent their lasy years being dedicated to getting coaches fired and players traded/cut.

Giants request to interview Derrick Ansley, Anthony Campanile​

"The 41-year-old Campanile has spent the past four seasons coaching linebackers in Miami. Prior to that, the New Jersey native spent eight seasons coaching at the NCAA level, including stops with Rutgers and Michigan, where he held the title of co-defensive coordinator.

Campanile broke into coaching back in 2006 at Fair Lawn High School before moving on to powerhouse Don Bosco Prep, coaching both their defense and offense during a five-year run."

Wink and his 2 minion brothers below him are definitely leaking all this garbage. I'm not too concerned about it.

Just a horrible thing for Kayvon to say IMO. You dont criticize one of your teammates contract. No matter what player you like that stuff should stay in the locker room. It's not like he's retired like Tiki or Strahan and it's his job. This kinda reminds me of something Odell would have done, no lil Wayne next to him. Kayvon needs to lean to shut up.

Just a horrible thing for Kayvon to say IMO. You dont criticize one of your teammates contract. No matter what player you like that stuff should stay in the locker room. It's not like he's retired like Tiki or Strahan and it's his job. This kinda reminds me of something Odell would have done, no lil Wayne next to him. Kayvon needs to lean to shut up.

He's not wrong about Saquon
He was great right out of the gate in 2022 - kicked-off that whole season.
He's also a popular guy who loves being a Giant (and the face of the Giants).
He hasn't always been consistent but its hard with the oft crippled line.
I'm so sick of NYG OL problems
Eli could have played another 3 years if he had an OL that let him throw long. He was a deep ball pitcher condemned to endless slant and hitch routes

Reactions: NickKnight 1
The Giants have been 100% right not to give Barkley a huge contract. RB is the most commoditized position in the current NFL. You tie up disproportionate cap space with a RB, you set yourself up for failure. Easiest position to just plug & play with someone else. I love Saquon and he’s great, but he just plays a position that isn’t valued as much as it used to be.

Reactions: Postman_1
He's not wrong about Saquon
He was great right out of the gate in 2022 - kicked-off that whole season.
He's also a popular guy who loves being a Giant (and the face of the Giants).
He hasn't always been consistent but its hard with the oft crippled line.
I'm so sick of NYG OL problems
Eli could have played another 3 years if he had an OL that let him throw long. He was a deep ball pitcher condemned to endless slant and hitch routes

Not wrong but it should be kept in the locker room. Daniel Jones does not play OL. He's been negatively affect just like Saquan.

Reactions: Postman_1
This clown is doing it again. He pulled the same BS with the Giants. So glad he is gone.

Maybe Giants get their DC this week. I think they have Dennard Wilson #1 and Baltimore is out now.

Ryan Leaf Thinks Chargers May Have Interest in Saquon Barkley​

Ryan Leaf believes new Chargers head coach Jim Harbaugh is looking to build up a monster running game that could include Saquon Barkley if he becomes available.

Will the Giants ever hire a D coordinator? Are people worried about working for Daboll?

1CsLqkY.jpeg

This (Herbert) is the guy Gettleman wanted to draft until he decided to stay another year.
Threw 61 yds flat-footed
He threw a 65 yd TD on Logan Ryan and I knew Ryan would be on another team the next year

YyPxzFC.gif

Giants plan to release veteran guard Mark Glowinski, sources told @JordanRaanan and me. The release saves $5.7M on the cap.

Glowinski was easily the Giants highest-rated guard this past season, per PFF, 25th overall with a 64.8 grade

So on a team with a horrible O line outside of Thomas they release the best Guard they have. I know it saves them money but the O line is worse now then it was last year if that is even possible

Some draft nuggets from the combine

Caleb Williams declined the medical portion, I read he is the first person to ever do this? If this is true I find that odd. Pat Kirwan had some harsh words about him.

Malik Nabers on Giants QB situation: "I know they're going to figure it out, especially if they got a caliber of a receiver coming like me."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT