ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Giants Off Season Thread

We traded for one of the best young pass rushers in the game and you're worried about losing overrated aging Barkley.

Reactions: Plum Street
Jermaine Eluemunorhas been on five teams in seven years.
Typical Giants OL barrel scrape
No he hasn't been. Giants will be his 4th team(Going into 8th year) after he previously spent 3 years with the Raiders. The Giants hired the Raiders OL coach who is highly thought of and he signed off on the move which means he likes him. Eluemunor was also rated one of the top FA's by PFF, not bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: RU-05
No he hasn't been. Giants will be his 4th team(Going into 8th year) after he previously spent 3 years with the Raiders. The Giants hired the Raiders OL coach who is highly thought of and he signed off on the move which means he likes him. Eluemunor was also rated one of the top FA's by PFF, not bottom of the barrel.

He's a nomad who has been close with a lot of teams.
Really good OL rarely turn-up as FA's
Jonah Jackson was a good one who got Golladay sized contract
That's a lot but having good QBs/WRs don't matter if nobody can block.
A lot of money get wasted on skill players that don't really earn it
Daniel Jones that much better than Tommy Cutlets?

pMnjitU.jpeg

He's a nomad who has been close with a lot of teams.
Really good OL rarely turn-up as FA's
Jonah Jackson was a good one who got Golladay sized contract
That's a lot but having good QBs/WRs don't matter if nobody can block.
A lot of money get wasted on skill players that don't really earn it
Daniel Jones that much better than Tommy Cutlets?

pMnjitU.jpeg
They need to move on from Jones. I've been waiting for years to move on from the Barkley/Jones era of bad football and we got one of those goodbyes yesterday.

Elite OL don't hit Fa but you can get still get good players there. Runyan Jr and Elue will be upgrades from what we have in addition to the new OL coach.

We traded for one of the best young pass rushers in the game and you're worried about losing overrated aging Barkley.
I actually think the Giants didn't have a bad day yesterday. Yeah, they lost McKinney, but they addressed DE, RB and OL. You're always going to lose guys during FA, it's always a balancing act.

I actually think the Giants didn't have a bad day yesterday. Yeah, they lost McKinney, but they addressed DE, RB and OL. You're always going to lose guys during FA, it's always a balancing act.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I loved what they did yesterday. I was fine with all of it.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I loved what they did yesterday. I was fine with all of it.
There has always been an attachment to Barkley among the fans, but when they didn't tag him again (and he didn't want that anyway) it was clear that he wasn't coming back. They had a plan to replace him.

I don't understand the anger towards Barkley. It's been very clear for a few years that the NY Giants had zero interest in signing him to a multi year deal. If you're mad that Barkley isn't a Giant, then take your anger out on Giants organization.

I don't understand the anger towards Barkley. It's been very clear for a few years that the NY Giants had zero interest in signing him to a multi year deal. If you're mad that Barkley isn't a Giant, then take your anger out on Giants organization.

Not his fault he ran behind a shitty OL.

Reactions: Kbee3

The Butthurt from Giants fans is hilarious.

Like you said they didn’t even want him back.

The NFL is a business - can’t fault a player for signing with a team if they think it’s the best opportunity for their career/personal lives.

Reactions: RUDead and WhiteBus
Good day yesterday. Barkley's production at ages 27-29 can be replaced by someone not making $13M. Let Philly give him that money. Barkley seems like a good guy, but enough already. They won 35 of 100 games with him on the roster. Time to move on.

Fixing the OL should be priorities 1 through 3 this offseason (as always) and they took some good steps yesterday. I like both OL signings. The Burns trade is excellent. They're building a young and nasty defense that should finally be able to get to the QB. They need some help in the secondary (Poyer from BUF?), but I like how that side of the ball is coming together.

I'm talking about the Giants fans that are killing him for leaving and going to the Eagles. Saying he is a traitor. Those people have no clue.
Barkley is a traitor, for not honoring his commitment to RU. I could give a sh!t where he goes now that he's in the NFL. That said, it would be sweet irony if the Giants finally had a decent OL next year.

Barkley is a traitor, for not honoring his commitment to RU. I could give a sh!t where he goes now that he's in the NFL. That said, it would be sweet irony if the Giants finally had a decent OL next year.
Was Gregie a traitor when he left for Tampa Bay?

Was Gregie a traitor when he left for Tampa Bay?
No, stupid analogy.

I'm certainly glad that Barkley didn't enjoy the success predicted for him when the Giants' drafted him with the #2 pick 6 years ago, but, then again, I'm not a Giants fan. Certainly not all his fault, as a crappy Oline and tough injury luck factored in.

Most sports writers and football analysts have now labeled Gettleman's selection of Barkley using that high a pick a mistake, just as I predicted 6 years ago. Giant fans should be grateful that they now have a GM (Schoen) who prioritizes OL and Edge rushers over RBs and safeties. Schoen > Gettleman.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfromNJ
Of which I certainly am not one. But I like draft talk, draft scenarios. Anyway here is the question. If as expected quarterbacks go 1 and 2 next month would you then try to make a move to jump ahead of Arizona and grab Marvin Harrison Jr. at 3? New England has that pick followed by Arizona and the Chargers. I don't think either would take a QB so New England could move down to number 6 and still get the 3rd QB. I guess the risk for them would be someone QB hungry moving up to 4 or 5 to take one.

I don't know the draft intricacies but I like Harrison because he's gifted at WR and also a solid citizen . He's pretty much a blue chip draft pick and I'm tired of seeing NYG first rounders become busts (and quickly like Kadarius "Yung Joka" Toney). Harrison's father was a high character WR with HOF and SB on resume. I like those diamond hard, family legacy players

Deandre Baker, Jones, Neal, Apple, Engram, Flowers - been a lot of first round misses the last few years. A guy like Harrison isn't rolling any dice

No, stupid analogy.

Most sports writers and football analysts have now labeled Gettleman's selection of Barkley using that high a pick a mistake..

If Giants didn't take Barkley they were taking Darnold.
Saquon's first season (2018) he had over 2000 yds combined and 16 TDs
He was the rare breakaway threat.
Then in 2019 all the bench Eli upheavals lead to Jones starting - Giants only wont 4 games,
Barkley still had almost 1500 combined with 8 TDs
Then the injuries came along with coaching changes and awful OL.

I cant say Barkley was a bad pick just on ability
My only concern with him was also shared by Carl Banks - he was that weight lifting monster that could be injury prone

I would imagine there is zero chance Giants move up to #3 just to get a WR.

NE moves out if they wanted Maye or Daniels and the other is available.
Giants would move up to get that QB

MHJ senior was not high character. He's been implicated for shooting/murdering someone for crying out loud.

He was never charged or found guilty of anything.
People involved in stories were considered "unreliable."
My own habit is to ignore media stuff when there are no charges/convictions.
Media is a hype train and their "convictions" often turn to dust

My "high character" tags are mostly from playing habits and not pub fights, girlfriend arguments etc.
Jim Brown had all sorts of issues off the field but was a solid guy.
King David was an adulterer who plotted murder of Bathsheba's husband
There were US WWII generals who admitted they would have been charged with war crimes if the US lost.
But they were doing what they had to do.

I trust the good people with some incidents more than the squeaky clean types who are timid..
Ray Rice, Ray Lewis and Jim Brown could all be on my team

Of which I certainly am not one. But I like draft talk, draft scenarios. Anyway here is the question. If as expected quarterbacks go 1 and 2 next month would you then try to make a move to jump ahead of Arizona and grab Marvin Harrison Jr. at 3? New England has that pick followed by Arizona and the Chargers. I don't think either would take a QB so New England could move down to number 6 and still get the 3rd QB. I guess the risk for them would be someone QB hungry moving up to 4 or 5 to take one.

I'm not at all sure the Giants should go WR in the first, but if they do there will be WRs available at #6 that would be better than probably losing a 3rd rd pick to trade up for MHJ.

If Giants didn't take Barkley they were taking Darnold.
Saquon's first season (2018) he had over 2000 yds combined and 16 TDs
He was the rare breakaway threat.
Then in 2019 all the bench Eli upheavals lead to Jones starting - Giants only wont 4 games,
Barkley still had almost 1500 combined with 8 TDs
Then the injuries came along with coaching changes and awful OL.

I cant say Barkley was a bad pick just on ability
My only concern with him was also shared by Carl Banks - he was that weight lifting monster that could be injury prone
Cry me a river.

You don’t know that the Giants would have taken Darnold. Josh Allen went at #7 that year. The Bills say thank you to the Giants and Jets.

Barkley is healthy now, yet former RU / tOSU OG Jonah Jackson, drafted # 75 in 2020, just signed a 3 year deal worth $14m more than Barkley’s; let that sink in. It’s about positional value, and Gettleman was clueless.

Last edited:
You can keep drafting all the QB's you want, but you won't know what you really have in any of them if you keep rolling out pedestrian talent at WR.
I gotta disagree here. Mahomes has straight garbage at WR and he wins. WRs aren't the key on offense; it's the line. The Giants need to build their oline or they will never win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT