ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Well as someone who literally works in the game and is around people in “hockey circles”..I’m telling you Nico is the preferred player. As I said above, he lacks much playoff experience to really determine yet what type of playoff player he is just yet.
Are you one of those NJ.com spies? You were a big defender of click bait headlines. Now you are hockey front office? Very nice if so.

I have friends in the league. I'm telling you. No one cares if they're playing against nico. Guys hate playing against trocheck.

Ok. That’s not really the discussion however. I’d probably agree. Trocheck is the peskier more physical player..the type opposing players don’t like.

I mean I’d say most players hate playing against Rempe and would much rather play against Mika or Panarin. Does that mean Rempe is the better player? Of course not.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU-05
Are you one of those NJ.com spies? You were a big defender of click bait headlines. Now you are hockey front office? Very nice if so.

i work in digital media and understand the reasoning for those types of headlines. That’s what I was depending. I’ve never worked for nj;com, though I have worked WITH many different media outlets (including advance media - their ownership group).

Last edited:
I have friends in the league. I'm telling you. No one cares if they're playing against nico. Guys hate playing against trocheck.
Opposing centers would rather play against Guy Lefleur than Walt Tkachuk back in the day.
Walt would give you the stick and tie you up.. Guy would score a hat trick.😊

Last edited:
Reactions: mikemarc1
No one did jack shit last playoffs because gerard gallant literally wasn't coaching haha. He was telling the guys to play hard haha.
Gallant got us to final four two years ago.
While I agree he did nothing to stop the Devils last year schematically.
I don’t see us doing anything to slow down Florida, we don’t forecheck except for brief spurts, we never stop sagging and play in our own end for most the game.
Different year, same ills.
At some point you have to say we aren’t capable of a tight gap and a relentless forecheck other than a face off win or an opportune turnover

Ok. That’s not really the discussion however. I’d probably agree. Trocheck is the peskier more physical player..the type opposing players don’t like.

I mean I’d say most players hate playing against Rempe and would much rather play against Mika or Panarin. Does that mean Rempe is the better player? Of course not.
The stats argument is silly in alot of ways. Because while mika traditionally puts up better numbers than trocheck theres not a team in the nhl or the rangers themselves that would take mika over trocheck come spring time.

For me

Trocheck > Nico > Mika

The stats argument is silly in alot of ways. Because while mika traditionally puts up better numbers than trocheck theres not a team in the nhl or the rangers themselves that would take mika over trocheck come spring time.

For me

Trocheck > Nico > Mika

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion…

Again, I don’t think Nico has enough playoff sample size to make this determination yet about spring

The topic is ridiculous.
Nico is one hell of a player, if the Rangers had 12 forwards who played like Trochek we’d be winning half these board battles against Florida.
Two excellent players who’d make any team better.
Kreider on the other hand is a dynamic scorer when the Rangers cycle is going and the opposing defense is in duress..
Unfortunately he does absolutely nothing to facilitate it, he’s a benafactor.
Softest big man along the walls in the entire league
Kreider will go down as an anomoly as the most dissapointing 300+ goal scorer in histroy

Tkachuk tried the same stupid cross ice pass at the blue line we have been complaining about with the Rangers.

Tkachuk tried the same stupid cross ice pass at the blue line we have been complaining about with the Rangers.
For all the discussion about Florida’s aggressive forecheck and dominant puck possession, they sure have made some dumbass defensive mistakes in this series.

Disappointing result for the home team. Panthers getting out of first period at 0-0 was big for them. Arguably, it was a too early pulled goalie time.

Laviolette has been bad this series. Too many roster adjustments…and way too early pull there of Igor.

Smothered and suffocated when you needed it in the 3rd period.

Florida possesses the unbeatable dynamic of D men joining the offense down low and cycling behind our net… YET seemingly has 5 men back and leaves you no room to make a play.

No way you can beat that

Reactions: Devilsfan118
Smothered and suffocated when you needed it in the 3rd period.

Florida possesses the unbeatable dynamic of D men joining the offense down low and cycling behind our net… YET seemingly has 5 men back and leaves you no room to make a play.

No way you can beat that
Eh, a lot of other teams almost beat that. You can't when you turn it over all the time, have basically no breakout strategy other than the ally-oop, and half the team doesn't skate anyways.

Tear it down.

Also tough when you’re double shifting your top forwards all game..definitely gonna be exhausted in the 3rd. Why dress Rempe tonight with 2:30 of total ice time???

Rangers are a very good team, just not tough enough to beat the best in the playoffs.

The hockey purist in my absolutely hates when any team where it generally doesn't snow or get cold wins the Cup. Please let this be Edmonton or the Rangers.

Eh, a lot of other teams almost beat that. You can't when you turn it over all the time, have basically no breakout strategy other than the ally-oop, and half the team doesn't skate anyways.

Tear it down.
Who are these other teams?

Tear what down?

The hockey purist in my absolutely hates when any team where it generally doesn't snow or get cold wins the Cup. Please let this be Edmonton or the Rangers.

Dallas and Florida are arguably the best two teams left. Edmonton has the best player on the planet, and New York is the largest market. Good for hockey fans no matter the matchup

Reactions: LETSGORU91
NYC had like no appreciable snow for almost two years, so thankfully that excludes the Rags from your qualification.

NYC had like no appreciable snow for almost two years, so thankfully that excludes the Rags from your qualification.
Yes but the ratio of that snow to the amount of snow in FL is still infinite lol and NYC still had 2-4x the amount of snow as Dallas... and that's with the usual way undermeasured snow in Central Park.

As a Ranger fans, we all know they never do it the easy way. It's always gut-wrenching rooting for them in the playoffs. One game at a time. It's been done before.

Reactions: RU Cheese
There’s been a discussion on here about playoff points and production.
Well, going back to the Covid playoffs, Panarin has been a complete no show for the most part.
Last year against the Devils and now against the Panthers, he’s a give away machine.
He’s got game 6 Saturday to do something, but I’m expecting another low value, low impact game out of him.

A lot of it is personnel related, we simply do not have the players to pressure the puck in all 3 zones.
The 1-3-1 lock takes you completely out of relentless forecheck mode, I’m very surprised Drury went for a coach that he knew would employ the 1-3-1 system.

Taking away time and space and relentless pressure in all 3 zones is what the game has evolved into…Rangers are poor at it.
Rangers survived on special teams and great goal tending… how is that working out in this series

As frustrated as I am by this team, the worst part is knowing that our flawed team is still keeping things extremely close with Florida and if we had a healthy Fox we probably already ended this series.

As frustrated as I am by this team, the worst part is knowing that our flawed team is still keeping things extremely close with Florida and if we had a healthy Fox we probably already ended this series.
We had a healthy Fox last year…same issue with no pressure on their points and inability to break out of our own end

We had a healthy Fox last year…same issue with no pressure on their points and inability to break out of our own end
Last year was last year. That series wasn’t even close.

Losing some of Fox’s zone exit ability, how that has exposed Lindgren’s weaknesses, and the negative impact on the offense in general and the power play specifically are absolutely factors that are decisive in such a close series.

Last year was last year. That series wasn’t even close.

Losing some of Fox’s zone exit ability, how that has exposed Lindgren’s weaknesses, and the negative impact on the offense in general and the power play specifically are absolutely factors that are decisive in such a close series.
We were up 2-0 going back to MSG with the Devils literally given zero chance.

Krup- we don’t have the players to play the high pressure game needed to win today!…period my friend!

Vegas won last year by taking and contesting every inch of ice, not one stride of open ice.

Get the picture, Panarin isn’t able to skate a 5 feet before being enveloped…we are not capable of that…

We were up 2-0 going back to MSG with the Devils literally given zero chance.

Krup- we don’t have the players to play the high pressure game needed to win today!…period my friend!

Vegas won last year by taking and contesting every inch of ice, not one stride of open ice.

Get the picture, Panarin isn’t able to skate a 5 feet before being enveloped…we are not capable of that…
First, I don’t know how you can have watched this series and believe something systemic guaranteed that the Rangers are incapable of winning it, when every game but one was a one goal game.

Second, I don’t know how you can feel so strongly about our forwards not handling pressure, yet somehow argued that our defensemen are “excellent puck movers” further back in the thread.

We absolutely have too many players at both forward and defense who aren’t suited for playoff hockey. But the idea that Florida’s system makes them unbeatable by the Rangers is ridiculous. They almost did it here even with a flawed performance and at least one key injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT