ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Well, I hope Connor McDavid gets his chance now. ☹️

Rangers vs. McJesus would have been a much better storyline IMO.

cat stalking GIF

We lost to a better team. Congrats to the Panthers. The Mickey Mousr Devils won’t win with bad shoulder Jack and crappy goaltending for a long time

We lost to a better team. Congrats to the Panthers. The Mickey Mousr Devils won’t win with bad shoulder Jack and crappy goaltending for a long time
This. If im a devs fans the playoffs are very alarming to me. More and more its evident what wins come june. Its big physical teams with a good goaltending. The devs have ties up their money in tiny guys and no goalie

The ghosts of playoffs past really came through this round . Great job Mika and breadman. Tough to win when Trochek , laf and Goodrow were the only forwards who showed up the whole series .

Men among boys.
Except for a handful (not enough)
Rangers are softer than a babies ass and a cake walk to play against when you aren’t completely out skilled.

Very similar to the domination the Devils exhibited last year against us… no answer
So, I don't watch any regular season hockey, but in an earlier life I was a hockey addict (playing and a big fan until college), so I know the game reasonably well. How did the Rangers do so well in the regular season and then be so utterly dominated (especially physically) by a Florida team with similar regular season success? While this series went 6 games, Florida was clearly the better team and if not for Igor, this series wouldn't have even been close.

So, I don't watch any regular season hockey, but in an earlier life I was a hockey addict (playing and a big fan until college), so I know the game reasonably well. How did the Rangers do so well in the regular season and then be so utterly dominated (especially physically) by a Florida team with similar regular season success? While this series went 6 games, Florida was clearly the better team and if not for Igor, this series wouldn't have even been close.
Some teams turn it on in the playoffs and have a second and third gear. The Rangers clearly do not.

This. If im a devs fans the playoffs are very alarming to me. More and more its evident what wins come june. Its big physical teams with a good goaltending. The devs have ties up their money in tiny guys and no goalie

Devils will have plenty of cash this off season to improve their goaltending.

they’re in great shape. As I said last year, Rangers window is only get smaller…though I suppose with Igor, they’ll always be a playoff hopeful

Reactions: Devilsfan118
While not very happy with the Devils success over the last decade, there are three cups won since the Rags last hoisted the cup. And there's always last year's series victory over the Rags...so, I feel better than most Ranger fans feel since 1994.

While not very happy with the Devils success over the last decade, there are three cups won since the Rags last hoisted the cup. And there's always last year's series victory over the Rags...so, I feel better than most Ranger fans feel since 1994.
I will also add, nice try on the Mickey Mouse reference. Since then, Devils 3 cups, Rangers 1. All good from Disney World my friend.

Devils will have plenty of cash this off season to improve their goaltending.

they’re in great shape. As I said last year, Rangers window is only get smaller…though I suppose with Igor, they’ll always be a playoff hopeful
Nah rangers are built for sustainable success. Theyre gonna be extremely active in the 2025 UFA class.

Laff is a budding superstar at forward, fox is a norris trophy dman, igor is a vezina caliber goalie and the best in the world.

Igor is 28
Fox is 26
Laff is 22

Then you have

- kandre and schneider on the back end, top 4 dmen with size who are ages 24 and 22.

- Will Cuylle who at 22 is a total stud

- Rempe and Edstrom who are trees that will be 4th line players. Ages 21 and 23.

- Zac Jones should be a solid bottom pair offensive minded PMD. Age 23

- coming up probably 2025-2026 season, brett berard, brennan othmann and gabe perreault, all very good prospects.

- and likely will trade trouba, kreider, goodrow, kakko, lindgren by the time the 2025-2026 season rolls around and will be very active July 2025. Will be taking a big run at Draisaitl whos wife (actress) wants to be in a big market.

Rangers are extremely well set up. You could see them open up 2025-2026 looking like

Laff-Draisaitl-Perrault
Panarin-Trocheck-Boeser
Cuylle-Mika-Berard
Othmann-Rempe-Edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Theodore-Schneider
Jones-UFA vet 6D near league min.

Igor
Garand

And yes, assuming cap that season is about $92.5, thag is cap compliant

The devils have been a totally irrelevant franchise since 2012. One of the worst in the whole league. In 2012 I was a junior in college. I’m 33 now

Nah rangers are built for sustainable success. Theyre gonna be extremely active in the 2025 UFA class.

Laff is a budding superstar at forward, fox is a norris trophy dman, igor is a vezina caliber goalie and the best in the world.

Igor is 28
Fox is 26
Laff is 22

Then you have

- kandre and schneider on the back end, top 4 dmen with size who are ages 24 and 22.

- Rempe and Edstrom who are trees that will be 4th line players. Ages 21 and 23.

- coming up probably 2025-2026 season, brett berard, brennan othmann and gabe perreault, all very good prospects.

- and likely will trade trouba, kreider, goodrow, kakko, lindgren by the time the 2025-2026 season rolls around and will be very active July 2025. Will be taking a big run at Draisaitl whos wife (actress) wants to be in a big market.

Rangers are extremely well set up. You could see them open up 2025-2026 looking like

Laff-Draisaitl-Perrault
Panarin-Trocheck-Boeser
Cuylle-Mika-Berard
Othmann-Rempe-Edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Theodore-Schneider

Igor
Garand

Well if you think rangers are very well set up, yet think the devils are in trouble..I don’t understand.

Devils have a core in the beginning of their career while much of the rangers core is in the back end. Devils have more cap room as well….

Fine, you think rangers are fine…ok…I disagree..but it makes zero sense to think rangers are set up for success but devils aren’t.

The devils have been a totally irrelevant franchise since 2012. One of the worst in the whole league. In 2012 I was a junior in college. I’m 33 now

Just as irrelevant as the rangers..cause as Igor said last year..if you don’t win the cup…it doesn’t matter.

Devils were the fastest growing nhl fan base last season. Do their relevancy is definitely improving

Reactions: goru1869
Well if you think rangers are very well set up, yet think the devils are in trouble..I don’t understand.

Devils have a core in the beginning of their career while much of the rangers core is in the back end. Devils have more cap room as well….

Fine, you think rangers are fine…ok…I disagree..but it makes zero sense to think rangers are set up for success but devils aren’t.
The difference between rangers and devs is the devs have a tiny core tied up for years and years and years. The rangers have basically one guy whos an issue tied up and thats mika.

Rangers can get out of guys like trouba, kreider, kakko, goodrow, panarin by July next year if they want to and replace them with better younger players. Devs cant

The difference between rangers and devs is the devs have a tiny core tied up for years and years and years. The rangers have basically one guy whos an issue tied up and thats mika.

Rangers can get out of guys like trouba, kreider, kakko, goodrow, panarin by July next year if they want to and replace them with better younger players. Devs cant

You think it’s a bad thing that devils young core is tied up for years and years??

Yea..we know they’re small. Devils have opportunity to surround them with bigger guys.

Reactions: TM94goRU

Igor is 28
Fox is 26
Laff is 22

Then you have

Laff-Draisaitl-Perrault
Panarin-Trocheck-Boeser
Cuylle-Mika-Berard
Othmann-Rempe-Edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Theodore-Schneider

Igor
Garand

Agree in trading Trouba / Kakko / Lindgren. Don’t know who will want to take on Trouba salary however.

Can’t see Rangers trading Kreider.

Changes have to be made regardless

Reactions: rufeelinit
You think it’s a bad thing that devils young core is tied up for years and years??

Yea..we know they’re small. Devils have opportunity to surround them with bigger guys.
What are we seeing year after year in the playoffs and seemingly more and more. Bigger heavier teams with good goaltendinf are winning.

- Jack Hughes is too small to even stay healthy for 2 round.
- Nico super soft
- Bratt, extremely small
- Mercer, extremely small
- Luke: can barely stay on his feet, granted he’ll get stronger

Mcleod is honestly the one who can be a june type player but who knows what happens there. Timo and palat are bigger but palat is aging not all that well and timo is just a non factor in a playoff setting.

neverMind the devs not having a goalie. Fitz went alllll in on small finesse in a sport where big and heavy wins

What are we seeing year after year in the playoffs and seemingly more and more. Bigger heavier teams with good goaltendinf are winning.

- Jack Hughes is too small to even stay healthy for 2 round.
- Nico super soft
- Bratt, extremely small
- Mercer, extremely small
- Luke: can barely stay on his feet, granted he’ll get stronger

Mcleod is honestly the one who can be a june type player but who knows what happens there. Timo and palat are bigger but palat is aging not all that well and timo is just a non factor in a playoff setting.

neverMind the devs not having a goalie. Fitz went alllll in on small finesse in a sport where big and heavy wins

You mentioned 5 small players when there are 18 players dressed each game. Again, yes, the core is small.

Devils have assets, salary, etc to surround them by bigger more physical guys.

Congrats to Florida.
The better team won the series.

*Kakko is so limited offensively, extremely limited.

-vic

You mentioned 5 small players when there are 18 players dressed each game. Again, yes, the core is small.

Devils have assets, salary, etc to surround them by bigger more physical guys.
Who were floridas horses? And tell me how big they were.

Barkov
Bennett
Tkachuk
Verhaeghe
Reinhart

Who are the devs horses? And tell me how big they are.

Jack
Nico
Bratt
Mercer
Timo

Barkov
Bennett
Tkachuk
Verhaeghe
Reinhart

Jack
Nico
Bratt
Mercer
Timo
Both teams knocked out the Rangers.

-vic

Both teams knocked out the Rangers.

-vic
Yes, however last years team didnt have a coach. Rangers broke the devils franchise this year. Mauled them 100X worse than florida beat the rangers. Even caused the devs to trade for a goon then sign him for 3 years 😂

Barkov
Bennett
Tkachuk
Verhaeghe
Reinhart

Jack
Nico
Bratt
Mercer
Timo

They’re small. We agree. lol. Again..devils have the assets and salary to surround them with bigger bodies. Bennett would be a great get, have heard some rumblings he’s on the devils radar…

Yes, however last years team didnt have a coach. Rangers broke the devils franchise this year. Mauled them 100X worse than florida beat the rangers. Even caused the devs to trade for a goon then sign him for 3 years 😂

Broke the devils franchise??? lol. Again…devils are among the top 2 fastest growing NHL franchises (behind Florida) and in top 5 net worth increase this year, franchise totally ain’t broken

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

-vic

I think the Devils are in pretty good shape, but they do have similar concerns to this Rangers' roster. Lots of talent, but will need to add some gritty (and bigger) players with talent for the 4 round grind. It's not meant to be a knock on the Devils. Looking at Florida there is a lot; talent, size and determination. It's a hard combination to find. Think of the movie Miracle when Herb Brooks says: "I'm not looking for the BEST players, I'm looking for the RIGHT plauers."

Plenty of roster moves the Rangers need to make; very doubtful they'll be able to do it (NMCs).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT