ADVERTISEMENT

OT: oh oh oh Ozempic !

I hope this doesn't make it harder to obtain for the people who really need it: diabetics.
I think it did for a while.
I am not diabetic or that fat (yet anyway).
So I am not on this but know some people that are . They share the good stuff about it …like weight loss. Some bad too like nausea, but nothing crazy.

This supposedly reduces cravings of all sorts. Drugs, booze, cig's, so more then just food.

Overhyped? Overused? Bad long term effects that we find out about later? Maybe.

Pharma sucks as does Hollywood
Way To Go Good Job GIF by Dirty Bandits

Just do Keto, carnivore etc. Lose the weight and lose the diabetes.
Sugars, carbs, seed oils will do more than create diabetes (dementia, macular degeneration etc).
Drug makers look to reduce symptoms for years and years and give you something else

This supposedly reduces cravings of all sorts. Drugs, booze, cig's, so more then just food.

Agree. For example, every artificial sweetener ever invented is deemed safe, and then after 20 years of widespread consumption it's determined it causes cancer or something. Then on to the next one. Except for very specific drugs to cure acute disease, my feeling is that if your grandparents weren't using it and putting it into their bodies, then it's a risk.

Last edited:
I’m always wary of trends like these.
This will not end well. Doctors in the know are observing a greater percentage of lean mass (muscle) loss and not so much adipose tissue (far) loss. More hilarity. Doctors are observing many patients with an increase in LDL cholesterol, but some are saying don't worry about it because you are losing weight. A lot of stupidity. No substitute for a healthy diet and exercise. Butnthst is too hard for some people.

Just do Keto, carnivore etc. Lose the weight and lose the diabetes.
Sugars, carbs, seed oils will do more than create diabetes (dementia, macular degeneration etc).
Drug makers look to reduce symptoms for years and years and give you something else
This X1000. Any doctor whose fist line is a drug like this instead of diet and exercise should lose their license.

Processed foods and seed oils and sugar are the culprits. Eat whole foods, watch saturated fat intake, and the weight will come off.

No
It's like two little boys running into the living room and shouting things for shock value while the adults are trying to have a conversation.
Not really. Weird flex for you. Pharma and big food want to sell more product. They don't care about healthy people. Make them fat and sick, prescribe a drug with side effects, and prescribe another drug for the side effects. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
No

Not really. Weird flex for you. Parma and big food want to sell more product. They don't care about healthy people. Make them fat and sick, prescribe a drug with side effects, and prescribe another drug for the side effects. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I developed a DVT last year and was diagnosed with a Factor 5 Blood disorder which has no cure is genetically inherited. I guess you and Bac and Proud are recommending that rather than turn to a potential pharma treatment I should just take my chances with a potential deadly lung clot which % significantly increases with age.

I developed a DVT last year and was diagnosed with a Factor 5 Blood disorder which has no cure is genetically inherited. I guess you and Bac and Proud are recommending that rather than turn to a potential pharma treatment I should just take my chances with a potential deadly lung clot which % significantly increases with age.
That’s an interesting diagnosis. A very good friend of mine’s brother in law passed away from a misdiagnosed PE. Following that tragedy, his kids were tested and sure enough they had a blood disorder that placed them a greater risk for DVT. They even caught one early in his son through this screening.

Reactions: Knight Shift
No

Not really. Weird flex for you. Parma and big food want to sell more product. They don't care about healthy people. Make them fat and sick, prescribe a drug with side effects, and prescribe another drug for the side effects. Lather, rinse, repeat.
It wasn’t a “flex” whatever that is. Is that the new annoying board term along the lines of natty? 😂 More a commentary on their delivery and pattern of interaction in threads with other posters. Not necessarily disagreeing with you as I think physicians should be more judicious when prescribing some medications.

It’s definitely helped me. Been on it since April. Down 50 pounds. I had an issue with constant binge eating. Overeating. This has reduced the “food chatter” in my mind, and has helped me stop eating when I’m full. I’ll deal with issues if they happen, but this has helped me lose weight, control my cholesterol, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.

It’s definitely helped me. Been on it since April. Down 50 pounds. I had an issue with constant binge eating. Overeating. This has reduced the “food chatter” in my mind, and has helped me stop eating when I’m full. I’ll deal with issues if they happen, but this has helped me lose weight, control my cholesterol, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.
It’s good to hear from someone who can actually share a personal experience. Did your docs caution you about any side effects or potential long-term issues?

It’s good to hear from someone who can actually share a personal experience. Did your docs caution you about any side effects or potential long-term issues?
side effects I was told about were nausea and heartburn. Honestly after the first dose, I didn’t feel any nausea, haven’t since. Heartburn was a little worse than I normally experience but otc omeprazole helps it just fine. Wasn’t told of any long term effects

I believe that's what Deion Sanders has.
He had clotting and compartmentalization and only after the clots did he learn from family that clotting was a genetic disorder in his family.

Certainly do what the MDs tell you and I'm not an MD, but I had a CVT type thing last spring and looked into it.

I was getting odd knotting type cramps in one calf every few weeks. I didn't think much of that but looking into it I found there is a lot of support for a use of nattokinase, natural fermented product native to Japan. It can be bought over the counter cheap so I started trying some and at the same time made an appt for ultrasound. The woman doing the ultrasound could feel something but the ultrasound was negative and since taking the nattokinase I never had anymore issues.

One study found a group of natto users had no clots during travel and a control group had five. I continue to take the natto and bromelain (also useful) since its known to be helpful for prevention. I dont have a genetic disorder. Since blood thinners come from China and have been subject to shortages. I would not tell you to take or not take anything, but its worth looking into. Lots of printed and video info about this online (but your MDs might not know anything about natto)

side effects I was told about were nausea and heartburn. Honestly after the first dose, I didn’t feel any nausea, haven’t since. Heartburn was a little worse than I normally experience but otc omeprazole helps it just fine. Wasn’t told of any long term effects
I’m glad it’s working for you.

Weirdest flex of the thread. First, I wish you good health and that your medical team finds a long term solution to your issue. Second, you post confirms that I have you on ignore for good reason. Nuance matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
I’m not one who is big on using medicines but I’m not against it at all costs. Like anything it’s a risk benefit analysis and to each his own.

If you’re morbidly obese or maybe even obese the benefits might outweigh the risks. There are host of health issues that come from being way overweight and there are possible side effects from drugs, take both into account and make a decision.

IIRC the drug or similar drugs that use the same mechanism of action have been around for about 20 some odd years.

I believe part of the way this works is that food goes through the system slower than normal so that gives the feeling of satiety longer. There are some possible side effects of blockages and intestinal paralysis because of that.

I wouldn’t particularly care for that mode of action because my thinking is eat food, absorb nutrients and get rid of waste. The longer things stick around the more potential problems might be caused. But again risk benefit analysis for each individual.

It wasn’t a “flex” whatever that is. Is that the new annoying board term along the lines of natty? 😂 More a commentary on their delivery and pattern of interaction in threads with other posters. Not necessarily disagreeing with you as I think physicians should be more judicious when prescribing some medications.
Yes, you got it right. I'm glad you did not come back at me hot. This is a topic that I am heavily vested in, and I have read an extensive amount of scientific papers on the importance of diet as a root cause in addressing conditions. However, for something serious such as DVT, pharma may be the first line approach. Obesity and diabetes? I am confident that proper diet and exercise would cure a large majority of the cases. But big pharma is pushing a shiny new toy, and it is an expensive one that generates lots of revenue for pharma and docs. Diet and exercise does nothing for them, so for many docs, it is a last line defense .

Gary Taubes just released a new book called Rethinking Diabetes, and this is a good place to start. Dr Jason Fung has published several books on the benefits of diet and fasting on the effects of disease.

Reactions: bac2therac
Awesome. For some people it works. Have heard several stories that once a person stops taking the drug, it is hard to not go back to the old habits. Everyone is different, and if you can keep the weight off after going off the drug, that is a great accomplishment.

This X1000. Any doctor whose fist line is a drug like this instead of diet and exercise should lose their license.

Processed foods and seed oils and sugar are the culprits. Eat whole foods, watch saturated fat intake, and the weight will come off.
I agree with licenses being pulled...that should be the first line of offense always provided. Too often though people are looking for the quick fix, which I do get

I agree with licenses being pulled...that should be the first line of offense always provided. Too often though people are looking for the quick fix, which I do get
Yes, absolutely. Human nature is that in general, people are lazy. For some people, this drug can work. But once a person stops taking the drug, if they don't change their old habits, the weight comes back.

Reactions: 93RUDoc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT