ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Peacock

I could see that one day in the future they charge you to watch the superbowl
..one day will not be for a long time for a super bowl going only PPV...
over 100 million people watch the super bowl (apple tv is 25 million, peacock 30 million subscribers while amazon has 200 million) logistics for PPV to bars/hotels, etc based on head count is not an easy sell...
last year the average viewership for the six wild card games was 28.4 million... lets see what the viewership for this first peacock game is...Most do not remember the resistance to an ESPN only game in 2015 and that backlash...

Boring games today.
Michigan v Washington was one of the few good football games I saw this year.
RU v Miami was also good

I have no interest in NFL games even without the streaming hoops to jump through.
Tons of guys are always injured and the play is mediocre.
Refs are deciding games that are choked-up with endless stupid/loud commercials and replay timeouts.
I just skip a lot of games now and watch the extended highlights online.
A football game really boils down to a few plays and isn't worth the 3.5 hours of vegetating anymore.
Games used to have pacing and tensions and now they are drawn-out montages of stitched clips.
Peacock lol.
"A football game really boils down to a few plays and isn't worth the 3.5 hours of vegetating anymore."

Agree. This year I started showing up at the bar with Sunday Ticket to watch the Bengals game end of 2Q, beginning of 3rd. Just not worth the 3 hour time investment as the game will generally boil down to one or two plays in the 2nd half like you said. NFL's gotten like the NBA in that regard.

Reactions: ashokan
What bothered me more was the audio being several seconds ahead of the video in the 1st half. Several times you knew what happened before seeing it.
Its not just the football telecast
I started watching the programs after, and it would freeze up occasionally also, so the problem is with the general transmission from the cable outfit
I see it worked fine for many, I use Optimum with this as an add on

Tonight's Rams-Lions games is also airing on Peacock.

So instead of spending hundreds to getting a cable subscription and watching on NBC, you could watch for a couple bucks with a Peacock subscription.

Glad to hear it wasn’t just me I thought the streaming SUCKED. It kept freezing and replaying 3-4 second clips every once in awhile 3-4 times in a row. This would happen at least every 15 minutes or so

So instead of spending hundreds to getting a cable subscription and watching on NBC, you could watch for a couple bucks with a Peacock subscription.

Isn't NBC still a free network?

So instead of watching the free OTA feed, you can pay $6 for an otherwise useless "me too!" station.

Reactions: thegock

Not sure of your point, NBC is free and basically available everywhere.

Yes as a matter of fact I am.
images

Reactions: MulletCork
Get serious! We've got an antenna mounted in the attic!

51585861573_f38c04f707_b.jpg
We had that on the roof of my mom’s house with an old school remote that made it rotate. The 80s were something else.

I had to take that thing off the roof a few years ago and illegally dispose of it before selling the house.

Wait. Really dumb question - doesn't have to be outside?

No, you can definitely have it mounted in the attic. The guy my parents bought their house from up here in jersey had a radio/electronics shop, and he had 2 antennas mounted in the attic, I assume for different frequencies. Huge things I remember.

Reactions: NickRU714
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT