ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Pebble announces new smartwatch

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
For those who are looking for a smart watch Pebble announced there new watch. It is cheaper than the competition from Samsung and Motorola. It is supposed to be similar in features to the new Apple watch.

Based on what I have been reading many say to wait for buying these watches because (like cell phones) each year the technology will improve and make the old ones obsolete. The pebble offering is relatively inexpensive for a smart watch and can hold you a couple of years until the really great smart watches are available.

Companies like Guess, Swatch, Microsoft, Montblanc, Tag Haeur, and others will be introducing their 1st generation smart watches in 2015.

By 2017 or later they will be on their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th generations that should be really good.

Kickstarter

Not sure I want to have to charge my watch every week, but it does look kinda neat.....

I'm going to take a wait and see approach to smart watches. Afraid they may become the laser disc of smart gadgets.

Originally posted by RU1977:

Not sure I want to have to charge my watch every week, but it does look kinda neat.....
Yeah...because charging up laptops, tablets and phones...who wants another gadget to charge up.

Normal watches are nice...they just work...normally for 2 plus years on one battery.

I backed the $159 level about 5 minutes after 10 am yesterday. I'm stoked. I have the original Pebble, and I L-O-V-E it. The Pebble Time will be slightly less nerdy looking, but that's the least of my concerns.

My favorite use of the Pebble: I wear it, with a 17" Nato strap, on the outside of my jacket when I'm snowboarding. I have 4 kids who are sometimes scattered around the mountain, and a Lodge Wife looking out for us. Being able to view text messages and screen calls (I also have Chips BT headsets in my helmet) even as I'm coming down the mountain, has been surprisingly helpful. I even had an impromptu 20 minute conference call from the Kensho Super Chair on Peak 6 at Breck last year.

I freaking love my Pebble.

Those watches look pretty bad, like a kids toy. Moto 360 & LG's G Watch Urbane look so much better. nonetheless, I don't need a other device to charge.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I upgraded to the Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel package. I'll sell whichever I don't like at neat cost. I didn't like the original Steel, but the new one looks much more mainstream. That's ironic because the original Pebble is hideous, and that never bothered me. :)

I have both the pebble and Moto 360.

Pebble is used for active outdoor activities, skiing , beach etc.

Love my 360. No longer reaching into my pocket during meetings, driving, running through the airport to see who is calling, texting, email etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT