ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Philadelphia Eagles 2023 Season Thread

The penalty on Kelce wasn't for moving his head, it was moving the ball forward. That is a penalty!
Different conversation, @BIGRUBIGDBIGredmachine was talking about Johnson's kick step working with the silent count from Kelce.

As for Kelce's moving the ball forward, they've warned him about it. He admitted he was trying something after the game. From Kempski's article:

7) The 'We Warned You' Award 🦓: Jason Kelce, and the officials

Over the years, Kelce has moved the ball forward a half yard or so at the line of scrimmage before running QB sneaks. It was a clear advantage, and something that the NFL has apparently sought to eliminate from the game.

"I put a target on my back for doing that in the past," Kelce acknowledged. "That one... really not trying to do it. I just lined up a little bit too close, trying to get down and set. Usually you get a little leeway with it. I think because it was so short that the fact that I did it at all was going to be... it was just a stupid play. It was like an inches play, 90-something percent chance play. Really stupid, and it ended up costing us four points."

"They've emphasized that in the past," Kelce said. "They've emphasized it less with me lately because we just haven't done that as much. I know that they're looking at everything on [Brotherly Shoves], so I really try my hardest not to do that."

Reactions: WhiteBus

Lane-Johnson-1.png

This argument was talked about during the run last season, the OL guys (Baldy, Schwartz, etc, ) didn't think anything was wrong with it, the D guys where questioning it.

This argument was talked about during the run last season, the OL guys (Baldy, Schwartz, etc, ) didn't think anything was wrong with it, the D guys where questioning it.

It's THE (stealing the capital "the" from OSU) reason why the Eagles no don't put people in motion on most plays. If Johnson did that while another player is in motion it is a penalty.

Different conversation, @BIGRUBIGDBIGredmachine was talking about Johnson's kick step working with the silent count from Kelce.

As for Kelce's moving the ball forward, they've warned him about it. He admitted he was trying something after the game. From Kempski's article:

Kelce was called for the same thing in the Bills game.

Dallas was losing to the Commanders while the Eagles gave up 3 TDs in less the 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter with all their starters in.
No one wanted Dallas to lose more than I did. But anyone who thought that Washington had a chance in that game hasn't watched them play. Even when they took the early lead, it was obvious how this game was gonna turn out.

^^ Amazing how this poster always finds something to bitch about.
The more amusing thing in this thread is that some folks called you out for your post when anyone who has been around for a little while knows you can’t stand the Eagles! 😂

The more amusing thing in this thread is that some folks called you out for your post when anyone who has been around for a little while knows you can’t stand the Eagles! 😂
Giants fan for life....since Y.A. Tittle.
That sorta means I don't particularly care for the Eagles and most of their fans.
Yes....Sunday's game was a very surprising ass-kicking. Very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple-Ed
I think it’ll be shut up then reshuffle the coaching staff. Desai may not have been the answer but get Patricia the hell out of there. Pencil guy has been overrated forever.
Patricia, isn't he the guy who looks like a lint trap?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But but but the cowboys lost

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kelce
Johnson
Graham
Cox

Gone ???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Still have no idea why/how the Eagles started sucking so badly. Injuries? The defense became historically awful.

Still have no idea why/how the Eagles started sucking so badly. Injuries? The defense became historically awful.
Even at 10-1 they struggled to win many of those games against lesser team. Hell they lost to the Jets. Fools gold. They lost both coordinators and it showed right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT