ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

In Minneapolis visiting friends. At a beer festival a toppling Goliath is here. Told my wife to ask for Kentucky brunch. They chuckled then poured her 2018 assassin release. Very similar to antead at kane.

I will second the Cape May Coastal Evacuation suggestions. Had it recently and was impressed.

For any of you south jersians around. Zedds in marlton has some good offerings and a nice little tasting room.

In Minneapolis visiting friends. At a beer festival a toppling Goliath is here. Told my wife to ask for Kentucky brunch. They chuckled then poured her 2018 assassin release. Very similar to antead at kane.
I was at a bar in Brooklyn that had 4 or 5 Toppling Goliath beers on tap. I had their pseudo sue pale ale and while it tasted fine, it was another “hazy” pale ale that has become a dime a dozen. Given that Pale Ales are my favorite style in getting sick of brewers making hazy NE style IPAs with a little less % alcohol content and calling them Pale Ales.

I was at a bar in Brooklyn that had 4 or 5 Toppling Goliath beers on tap. I had their pseudo sue pale ale and while it tasted fine, it was another “hazy” pale ale that has become a dime a dozen. Given that Pale Ales are my favorite style in getting sick of brewers making hazy NE style IPAs with a little less % alcohol content and calling them Pale Ales.
I agree. Dry hopped lagers also piss me off. If I want an IPA, I'll have a great one not some concoction some bored brewer thought up.
Anyway. Devils Backbone Striped Bass is now in NJ. Just a very solid Pale Ale. Give it a try. I had it this past fall in Annapolis.

Anyone else enjoy Trader Joes vintage ale? Dark ale with some spice. 9% abv and pretty smooth. Only comes out around the holidays in corked 750 ml bottle.

I agree. Dry hopped lagers also piss me off. If I want an IPA, I'll have a great one not some concoction some bored brewer thought up.
Anyway. Devils Backbone Striped Bass is now in NJ. Just a very solid Pale Ale. Give it a try. I had it this past fall in Annapolis.
I don't mind some experimentation, but I am trying to avoid unfiltered beers and it seems like every pale ale I order these days is unfiltered. I don't want to be that guy asking to try a bunch of beers before ordering, but I may not have a choice.

Not Sure About This:

51633388_1808517209254935_8696892604953919488_n.jpg

Lucky Charms flavored beer to launch this weekend

NORFOLK, Va. – Do you love Lucky Charms so much that you would like the marshmallowy cereal taste in your beer?

Smartmouth Beer is introducing its Saturday Morning Marshmallow IPA on March 2 in an all-day event that will also showcase trivia and food vendors.

“Join us as we flashback to those Saturday Mornings when you rolled out of bed and were lazy all morning watching your favorite cartoons and playing video or board games. We’ll celebrate those mornings with the release of Saturday Morning IPA that is made with pounds of marshmallows, some of which we toasted, along with tropical fruity Calypso hops. The result is magically ridiculous,” said Smartmouth Beer in a Facebook post.

https://pix11.com/2019/02/26/lucky-charms-flavored-beer-to-launch-this-weekend/

Troon Inspissated is awesome.

Imperial Milk Stout brewed with lactose and boiled for many hours before being conditioned on a blend of gorgeous E. Timor and Colombian beans from our good friends Rojo's Roastery, cinnamon and a tasteful amount of Madagascar and Tahitian vanilla. By far the densest, but arguably the most balanced, dark beer we've made to date.

Boiler Brewing Heaven Hill BA White Stout is awesome. Thick, sweet and barrel. Lincoln, NE holding its own with the best.

First things first, this beer is not white. Quite the opposite really, it’s darker than night. Heaven Hill Barrel Aged, this Double Mash Russian Imperial Stout. Thoroughly thick with notes of bourbon and oak- it’s delicious, no doubt. And then, of course, is the chewy mouthfeel. This beer is BIG, it’s practically a meal! So what’s with the name, for a beer darker than night? It’s named for our collaborator, and our buddy, Matt White!

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Had Improv by Tonewood the other day. My first Tonewood beer, it was very good.

Other Half/J. Wakefield Snowbirds 3 is a thick, sweet coconut bomb. Good for a 3-4 oz taster, but too sweet for the entire pint...

This latest iteration builds on our previous Snowbirds and is jammed with macaroon cut coconut, a special toasted coconut, marcona almonds, cacao nibs, @mudhousecoffeeroasters Colombian coffee, cinnamon and Tahitian vanilla.

Tree House Vanilla Bean Double Shot (6th Anniversary) was excellent. Nice smooth coffee and vanilla. Much better than Single Shot which was weak...

So here we took a bunch of Madagascar and Mexican vanilla beans and infused them in the keg for several weeks of cold conditioning. What has emerged is a beer with all the beauty in character of the sixth anniversary double shot with an extra and decadent layer vanilla goodness.
This one time draft variant of Double Shot was first released for Tree House's Sixth Anniversary celebration.

Tried about 100 beers in last few weeks, the best were Green Empire Free Spirit, a juicy IPA. Stone yard DDH Makin Moves IPA, a tongue rattler IPA,. Other Half's Double Cream Get the Honey was delicious. Again if you haven't been there Cypress Brewing is killing it, their stuff is awesome, just had the Jersey Winter porter, Jersey Noreaster Porter, and Save the Drama for your Sauvigllama an awesome IPA

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I picked up some Stone Enjoy By 4-20-19 and M-43 by Old Nation Brewing out of Michigan. Stuff was very good IMO

Reactions: Doteman
Anyone go to session 1 of AC beerfest last night? Heading down there for tonight's session and was wondering if there were any good exclusives to check out.

I saw that Melvin Brewing our of Jackson Hole Wyoming is now available in New Jersey.

I’ve had a few in the past and enjoyed them.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Thursday at Neshaminy Creek Brewing they releasing this year's version of their Passive Thought Kolsch. Last year was the first time made. I was at the brewery when they were canning this year's edition. Easily the best Kolsch made in the US. Asked the brewer if the changed anything. He said no but they nailed it.

I saw that Melvin Brewing our of Jackson Hole Wyoming is now available in New Jersey.

I’ve had a few in the past and enjoyed them.
Melvin does a great job. Will need to look for some next time I am in nj. Hopefully they will be in nc soon. The brewery is also an interesting story on their start, expansion and a Thai restaurant

Jack's Abby is from Framingham, MA. Toppling Goliath is from Iowa and is one of the best breweries in the Midwest. Melvin as mentioned earlier is from Wyoming.
I wasn't familiar with TG and then I went to Bar Great Henry a couple months ago and they had maybe 8 of them on tap.

BGH was also the first bar I saw and had Melvin at, maybe a year and a half ago. Very good beer bar.

The girl at Joe Canals rocks, last month I told her if Torque Wrench ever comes in to put a 4-pak aside for me. I hadn't seen her in a while in there but today she was working and when saw me her eyes lit up and I said "Let me guess, you put it aside for me and I never came in" figuring it was gone now, but she walked away and came back with a 4-pak and made my week. Glory to God.

Reactions: leonh71
The girl at Joe Canals rocks, last month I told her if Torque Wrench ever comes in to put a 4-pak aside for me. I hadn't seen her in a while in there but today she was working and when saw me her eyes lit up and I said "Let me guess, you put it aside for me and I never came in" figuring it was gone now, but she walked away and came back with a 4-pak and made my week. Glory to God.

Which Canal's?

Toppling Goliath doing a tap takeover at Paragon Tap and Table in Clark on 4/25/19, great beer bar and burgers are good too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT