ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

I had the chance to have a Sierra Nevada Reslience IPA. It is nice to have a classic IPA given the fads we’ve seen in the IPA category over the past few years. I’m not sure which brewery brewed the beer as breweries all over the country were given the recipe to replicate with at least part of the proceeds going to the areas in Northern California impacted by last year’s wild fires.

Anyone have info on the beers that Village Brewing Co (opening soon in Somerville, NJ) will have? Brew pub looks awesome.

I had the chance to have a Sierra Nevada Reslience IPA. It is nice to have a classic IPA given the fads we’ve seen in the IPA category over the past few years. I’m not sure which brewery brewed the beer as breweries all over the country were given the recipe to replicate with at least part of the proceeds going to the areas in Northern California impacted by last year’s wild fires.

I had the same exact beer in Scottsdale, AZ over the weekend at Goldwater Brewing.

Reactions: RU_Planning
I had the same exact beer in Scottsdale, AZ over the weekend at Goldwater Brewing.
Did some searching online and the Resilience IPA I had was brewed by Nap Time Liquid Creations, a brewery located in Rockland County NY.

Also saw that 100% of the proceeds go to the Camp Fire Relief Fund.

Reactions: Zak57
Boiler Brewing Bour-Ben German Chocolate Coffee Cake Batter (BA Russian Imperial stout) is awesome...Thick, chewy, sweet, chocolate, coconut and coffee.
Heaven Hill barrels are awesome. Boiler is the Kane of Lincoln, NE.

Our big beer boy Ben is back! Doubled down on the mash on this beer that was birthed from a Bourbon Barrel- before mixing and mingling and mixing again with Toasted Organic Coconut Flakes, Artisanal Cacao Nibs from Sweet Minou, and Ugandan Vanilla Beans. But why stop there? Coffee! Any cake batter binge requires coffee! Loooooots of coffee! Sly Sintek strikes again!

Reactions: wisr01
I'm curious what is everyone's go to liquor store for their beer, mine is

1) Jersey Fine Wines, East Brunswick, Route 18 - great staff and great selection.

2) Joe Canal's, Iselin, Route 1 - I work in Rahway so I will stop by on a Tuesday, that's their top delivery day.

Right now I only have two, it seems 90% of liquor stores don't make a real effort to stock the local breweries, if they carry craft beer it's usually stuff from Stone Brewing, Allagash, Troegs, Cigar City...solid beer and sometimes exceptional, but I do enjoy NYC beer mostly.

Boiler Brewing Breakfast at Amy's with Joe (Who the hell is Joe?!?!) Round 2 is good. Thick maple syrup with some vanilla and cinnamon.

Coffee, Pure Maple Syrup, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, and a sprinkling of Cinnamon- in this Double Mashed Russian Imperial Stout. Made for tap room manager Thad’s wife, Amy, so she won’t pout. Who is this Joe character and what’s he all about? Not sure- but you can bet Thad’s gonna find out! And when he does: Ka-Pow, KA-POW- it’s lights OUT! Apparently, Joe didn’t get the hint the first round, so time for another beat-down!

I'm curious what is everyone's go to liquor store for their beer, mine is

1) Jersey Fine Wines, East Brunswick, Route 18 - great staff and great selection.

2) Joe Canal's, Iselin, Route 1 - I work in Rahway so I will stop by on a Tuesday, that's their top delivery day.

Right now I only have two, it seems 90% of liquor stores don't make a real effort to stock the local breweries, if they carry craft beer it's usually stuff from Stone Brewing, Allagash, Troegs, Cigar City...solid beer and sometimes exceptional, but I do enjoy NYC beer mostly.
Most of the good breweries are limited brewery only releases so you won't see them in stores, and have to go to the brewery or trade.

Most of the good breweries are limited brewery only releases so you won't see them in stores, and have to go to the brewery or trade.
I don't know how true that is, the only beer I need to go to brewery is Kane, I can get Carton, Incarus, Singlecut, Cape May, Alementary, all locals and at those two stores. It could depend where you go.

Reactions: Peteyd
I don't know how true that is, the only beer I need to go to brewery is Kane, I can get Carton, Incarus, Singlecut, Cape May, Alementary, all locals and at those two stores. It could depend where you go.
You aren't getting any top Kane beers at a store (Morning Bell, Sunday Brunch, Mexican Brunch, 2555, 2557, Holy Nights, ANTEAD, Shell Game, and on and on; no bottles). Some Icarus I've seen in select stores, but again, not the best bottles, although Kalashnikov/Kalashnicofffee has been available in limited quantities and that's awesome. Not a fan of Carton or Singlecut, and never had Alementary or Cape May.

You aren't getting any top Kane beers at a store (Morning Bell, Sunday Brunch, Mexican Brunch, 2555, 2557, Holy Nights, ANTEAD, Shell Game, and on and on; no bottles). Some Icarus I've seen in select stores, but again, not the best bottles, although Kalashnikov/Kalashnicofffee has been available in limited quantities and that's awesome. Not a fan of Carton or Singlecut, and never had Alementary or Cape May.
Yeah, that's what I said about Kane, try reading what I wrote again. Carton I think is overrated too but not Singlecut and should try to get your hands on some Cape May, I recommend Coastal Evaluation.

Yeah, that's what I said about Kane, try reading what I wrote again. Carton I think is overrated too but not Singlecut and should try to get your hands on some Cape May, I recommend Coastal Evaluation.
I read it and was making a point but thanks for being a... Carton and Singlecut are not in the same stratosphere as Kane. Icarus has been great. I'll have to try Cape May.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I read it and was making a point but thanks for being a... Carton and Singlecut are not in the same stratosphere as Kane. Icarus has been great. I'll have to try Cape May.
I'm trying to be nothing, relax. And Kane is the best brewery in NJ, but where did I try to put Carton or Singlecut in the same league as Kane? Even said Carton is overrated though I do like Boat.

Just had the Cape May Pinky Lee, wasn't a huge fan, was a bit sour for an IPA. The winners for the night at Capital Craft were Magnify It's All Relative an IPA and Nickel Brook Kentucky Bastard Imperial Stout. Back at home Trillium's Mettle, a double IPA was a delicious way to wrap up the night

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Cape May- Ties the Room Together (collab with Left Hand) is awesome. It is a White Cream Stout

A few weeks ago my youngest son broke out the last of his Belgium Trappist Monestary - Westvleteren 12 (awarded best beer in the world a number of times in various rankings and forums ...). He brought a few bottles back from Belgium in his backpack. My older sons also brought back 10 each from Belgium a few years ago (paid about $20 a bottle but sold a few to eager friends for $40 a pop). It is definitely a good beer but at the price point it’s more the novelty of trying (arguably) the best beer in the world.

PS - I have recently seen ads saying the monks are (or did) temporarily allow US sales to raise funds for a monestary project. Normally it is only sold at a small number of outlets in Belgium. Worth a try (once )

A few weeks ago my youngest son broke out the last of his Belgium Trappist Monestary - Westvleteren 12 (awarded best beer in the world a number of times in various rankings and forums ...). He brought a few bottles back from Belgium in his backpack. My older sons also brought back 10 each from Belgium a few years ago (paid about $20 a bottle but sold a few to eager friends for $40 a pop). It is definitely a good beer but at the price point it’s more the novelty of trying (arguably) the best beer in the world.

PS - I have recently seen ads saying the monks are (or did) temporarily allow US sales to raise funds for a monestary project. Normally it is only sold at a small number of outlets in Belgium. Worth a try (once )
They did distribute some to the US a few years ago, but it was pricey and not easy to find as you'd expect. I had a buddy bring back a bottle for me as well, and I agree about the hype. It's good, but it can be debated if it's better than Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus 12, both of which aren't too difficult to find around here.

Reactions: Knightmoves
They did distribute some to the US a few years ago, but it was pricey and not easy to find as you'd expect. I had a buddy bring back a bottle for me as well, and I agree about the hype. It's good, but it can be debated if it's better than Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus 12, both of which aren't too difficult to find around here.
At a tailgate a few years back we did a blind tasting of St. Bernardus ABT 12 and Westy 12. As good as the St. B-12 is it took a back seat to the Westy 12. It was obvious to all of us.

Reactions: Leonard23
At a tailgate a few years back we did a blind tasting of St. Bernardus ABT 12 and Westy 12. As good as the St. B-12 is it took a back seat to the Westy 12. It was obvious to all of us.
Good experiment, I wish I did a blind tasting when we had the chance. If I end up getting another bottle somehow, I'll definitely do that.

Perennial Prodigal 2018 is an excellent stout. It's the base for Abraxas.

Prodigal is an imperial oatmeal milk stout with a massive fudge and roast malt character. It’s a foundation for some of our favorite stouts, now here to stand on its own adorned with only a handful of cacao nibs and Madagascar vanilla beans to round out the edges.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Had Evening Bell on draft with a pour of Elmer T Lee bourbon alongside it at Blue Monkey Tavern in Merchantville...both delicious. Highly recommend that bar to both craft beer and whiskey lovers venturing into South Jersey.

Glad I got some Kane Morning Bell and Corduroy Lines today to drink away the blues from that MBB finish.

Hope people got them too!

Drank Prairie Okie today...its up there with Bravo as best BA Imperial Brown Ales I've ever had. Also ventured into the heart of South Jersey and hit up Three 3's Brewery in Hammonton today. Had a milk stout brewed with mint called the Mintster which was solid and their RIS, Ancora...named after the nuthouse just outside of Hammonton lol.

2019 Kane Morning Bell is good as always. I still like 2017 the best as it had the best roast coffee flavors from Rook's Sumatra.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Had Magnify's Stratospheric Event, a tasty iPa. Ommegang''s Adoration a Belgian strong dark ale was very good, Terrapin's Irish Buh-Bye Wake n Bake an imperial oatmeal stout was great

Last edited:
Just learned that Sarene Distributors just launched Toppling Goliath in NY. I'd have to think PA and NJ are next very soon. We can get Lawson's almost anytime we want here in Philly thanks to Sarene.

Jackie O's Dark Appirition is a nice roasty RIS

This hauntingly good brew in your hand is rife with dark complexities. Seven malts were used to create deep flavors of coffee, chocolate, caramel, and molasses. A hint of bitterness and herbal character from carefully selected European and American hops help support the monolithic maltiness. A truly decadent brew that is intended to be poured into your favorite snifter and given time to warm up from its dark and cool resting place.

ADVERTISEMENT