ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

I'll never understand the animosity on both sides of this conversation. Drinkers of cheap, mass produced beer: Do you wish America only offered one flavor of cheaply processed meat...grain ...soda ...dessert? Craft beer has brought options; some of them are ridiculous suck, but options are a good thing. Period. Choose your trusty Bud if you want; others will choose differently. No harm to you.

As for the craft beer nuts, more Bud drinkers= less people in line at your local special release. Win.

Drink what you want. Let others do the same.

I love a good craft beer, but on a hot day after mowing the lawn I'll take a 50-cent can of Olympia over a $10 special release Gose every time. There's room for both in my fridge.

I'll never understand the animosity on both sides of this conversation. Drinkers of cheap, mass produced beer: Do you wish America only offered one flavor of cheaply processed meat...grain ...soda ...dessert? Craft beer has brought options; some of them are ridiculous suck, but options are a good thing. Period. Choose your trusty Bud if you want; others will choose differently. No harm to you.

As for the craft beer nuts, more Bud drinkers= less people in line at your local special release. Win.

Drink what you want. Let others do the same.

I love a good craft beer, but on a hot day after mowing the lawn I'll take a 50-cent can of Olympia over a $10 special release Gose every time. There's room for both in my fridge.
What is lost on the drink Bud only craft beer sucks crowd is they are rooting for a multinational conglomerate over the regular joe type. Sad.

Budweiser isn't real beer, real beer doesn't use rice as a main ingredient.

Some craft brewers would disagree with you.

Craft brewers rethink rice in beer
Though the grain is derided in many circles, a handful of brewers are using it in ales for a crisp, delicate flavor that can easily pair with lighter fare. Ask chefs to dish on their favorite variety of rice and you'll likely hear words such as fragrant, floral, nutty. But when craft brewers talk about the grain, it's not quite as reverent.

"Rice is considered by many brewers what the nasty industrial brewers use to water down their beer," says Maureen Ogle, author of "Ambitious Brew," a book exploring the history of brewing in the U.S. "Craft brewers treat rice almost as if it's rat poison."

But recently, a handful of craft brewers in California, Colorado and Washington are challenging that blanket disdain for the grain by introducing complex, full-flavored rice beers. They say rice can lend subtle tropical notes and a bright finish to their lagers and ales.

"Yes, rice gives beer a light body," says Brian Dunn, owner and brewer at Great Divide Brewing Co. in Denver. In 2007, the brewery released Samurai, an unfiltered rice and barley ale, to retail outlets. "But it's also crisp and refreshing, and has a little fruity character that really comes through."

Well, because driving down there & waiting in line doesn't involve scripts & bots & is actually fair. This has little to do with supply & demand. This year for Morning Bell & Sunday Brunch & even the BA Evening Bell & BA Morning Bell, you didn't have to wait hours or get there beforehand & they sold out within 2-3 or 4 hours, not 2 seconds (or 30 minutes if you knew the tricks to go back in to eventbrite).
I guess you have a point about the bots, but it seems like they didn't really have a choice with the town and their neighbors being unhappy about the large crowds the first-come-first-served approach brought. I think the best way to do it would be a lottery like they did for A Night to End All Dawns. That way you eliminate the problem of people using bots. I lost out on that lottery and so did everyone I know, but I can't think of a better way of distributing the beer. I think the allocations should be smaller though in general. Why does one person need five 750 mL bottles of Mexican Brunch while others get none? Might as well give everyone one or two bottles so more people get some. I guess the concern about the quantity of people showing up at the brewery comes into play though.

Just give me a Bud please. So sick of all these flavored so-called beers.
Seriously, why do you people who swear by mass-produced, quantity-over-quality beers always come into the craft beer threads just to bash craft beer? If you're not interested, why even bother clicking the thread?

The best beer is Stella Artois. Someone told me about it when I was complaining that I get headaches from beer and I love it. It will not trigger a headache like Miller, Bud, Coors do. Also the cap is not only secured tightly to the bottle, it also has a wrapper around the neck and cap so no mouse piss can get on it. The green bottle looks good too and it tastes great.

Was in Cape May camping last week and son who is a big fan of Cape May Brewery's beers texted us about picking up some beer that was coming out Saturday called City to Shore so went and got some for him and bought a 4 pack for myself. Tried it when got home yesterday not bad.

City to ShoreIPA - Imperial / Double
ABV:7.8%
IBU:70
SRM:4.3
From the boil to the dry hop, the hops blend in City to Shore hits all the right notes and tickles your taste buds. The sexy hops in this Double IPA bring a wave of citrus, grapefruit, and other exotic fruits to your face. Not as dry as our usual hop-bombs, we leave a touch more of the body behind to bring out the juicier hop profile.

Was in Cape May camping last week and son who is a big fan of Cape May Brewery's beers texted us about picking up some beer that was coming out Saturday called City to Shore so went and got some for him and bought a 4 pack for myself. Tried it when got home yesterday not bad.

City to ShoreIPA - Imperial / Double
ABV:7.8%
IBU:70
SRM:4.3
From the boil to the dry hop, the hops blend in City to Shore hits all the right notes and tickles your taste buds. The sexy hops in this Double IPA bring a wave of citrus, grapefruit, and other exotic fruits to your face. Not as dry as our usual hop-bombs, we leave a touch more of the body behind to bring out the juicier hop profile.
Love the artwork!

Some craft brewers would disagree with you.

Craft brewers rethink rice in beer
Though the grain is derided in many circles, a handful of brewers are using it in ales for a crisp, delicate flavor that can easily pair with lighter fare. Ask chefs to dish on their favorite variety of rice and you'll likely hear words such as fragrant, floral, nutty. But when craft brewers talk about the grain, it's not quite as reverent.

"Rice is considered by many brewers what the nasty industrial brewers use to water down their beer," says Maureen Ogle, author of "Ambitious Brew," a book exploring the history of brewing in the U.S. "Craft brewers treat rice almost as if it's rat poison."

But recently, a handful of craft brewers in California, Colorado and Washington are challenging that blanket disdain for the grain by introducing complex, full-flavored rice beers. They say rice can lend subtle tropical notes and a bright finish to their lagers and ales.

"Yes, rice gives beer a light body," says Brian Dunn, owner and brewer at Great Divide Brewing Co. in Denver. In 2007, the brewery released Samurai, an unfiltered rice and barley ale, to retail outlets. "But it's also crisp and refreshing, and has a little fruity character that really comes through."
Huge difference between various craft brewers experimenting with different ingredients, they do it all the time, and what Budweiser has done.

Planning - I was just disagreeing with your statement that "real beer doesn't use rice as a main ingredient". I was not commenting on Bud at all. But since your brought it up, are you saying that it's ok when a craft brewer uses rice but it's not ok when Bud does?

Planning - I was just disagreeing with your statement that "real beer doesn't use rice as a main ingredient". I was not commenting on Bud at all. But since your brought it up, are you saying that it's ok when a craft brewer uses rice but it's not ok when Bud does?
Craft brewers use all types of ingredients that I wouldn't necessarily say are ingredients of "real" beer. However these ingredients are used for a purpose, to add a certain flavor, aroma or feel. Budweiser uses rice an adjunct for mass production

One of the BEST:

weihen.png

Reactions: RUnTeX
I'm trying to keep my carbs down,but keep some flavor in my beer, so I went to Michelob Ultra. So I buy a case of it in bottles,my wife hates cans, and I got a case in cans.The carbs, and calories are exactly the same, but the alcohol in the bottles is 4.2%, and in the cans it's 4.7%. I wonder why that is? Just curious really, that's all.

I'm trying to keep my carbs down,but keep some flavor in my beer, so I went to Michelob Ultra. So I buy a case of it in bottles,my wife hates cans, and I got a case in cans.The carbs, and calories are exactly the same, but the alcohol in the bottles is 4.2%, and in the cans it's 4.7%. I wonder why that is? Just curious really, that's all.

Oh, this is strange. I think you mistook this thread for the "diet beers for getting my pre-preg bod back" thread you made on the "moms after dark" forums. This is a thread about craft beer, complete with carbs and calories, that you made back when you were drinking real beer.

:D

Oh, this is strange. I think you mistook this thread for the "diet beers for getting my pre-preg bod back" thread you made on the "moms after dark" forums. This is a thread about craft beer, complete with carbs and calories, that you made back when you were drinking real beer.

Lol, sorry,I should have been clearer,Doctor said I need to get my sugar down, and so I stopped drinking soda and anything high in carbs.By the way,I started this thread, 15 months ago,back when I didn't know I had this problem, so I'm well aware of what this thread was intended for,lol.Check 1st post of page #1 in this thread Sparky.

Last edited:

Lol, sorry,I should have been clearer,
I'm well aware of what this thread was intended for,lol.Check 1st post of page #1 in this thread Sparky.

RUReady - It seems to me that Fanu owes you the apology, not the other way around.

Clearly you 2 don't know what the shit-eating grin is all about. An attack? It's called busting balls in good fun, something you should expect when you bring "michelob ultra" into a thread about craft beer ...worse than Bud

I also recognized you started the thread in my post, Mandy.

Farm to tap: Hillsborough microbrewery uses Hunterdon hops for Jersey Fresh beer

Farm-to-table cuisine is a well-know food trend in which locally grown produce is used seasonally by chefs to create an authentic hometown taste.

But now, in Central Jersey, there is a new trend — farm to tap.

It’s a natural partnership: A craft brewer using a farmer’s locally grown hops to create a beer with a unique “Jersey Fresh” taste.

That’s why Jeremy Lees of Flounder Brewing in Hillsborough and Anthony Verdi of Sky High Hops in the Three Bridges section of Readington have partnered on producing beer that has earned the label of Jersey Fresh because it is made entirely with New Jersey ingredients.

http://www.flounderbrewing.com/index.php

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...s-hunterdon-hops-jersey-fresh-beer/686586001/

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D 1. The thread is about beer, not just craft beer. See the title.:D:D:D:D
:D 2. The fact that the OP brought up Michelob Ultra seems to confirm 1.:D
:D 3. I didn't notice Fanu's "Shit Eating Grin", that's my bad.:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
A little out there, but I like it. :D:victory:

In a room of dudes talking beer, you always get your balls busted talking mich ultra. Fact of life.

Reactions: RUDutch
Picked up the Sierra Nevada Miltenberger 2027 collaboration Oktoberfest. I believe I've read on here that it's one of the better US Oktoberfest beers. I will report back after I can compare it to an Ayinger.

It's definitely around. Several places posted that they got their delivery of it. I wasn't particularly impressed with it last year. Maybe would be better coming out of a barrel like Sunday Morning? Sunday morning is my favorite liquor store BA beer.

Reactions: Leonard23
I'd guess one of these is a label misprint. The carbs can't be the same while the alcohol is different.

ADVERTISEMENT