ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prime Time will crash and burn

"They're playing for clicks. We're playing for wins". Deion's Louis Vuitton luggage fell of the Lamborghini's roof and was run over by the company's fleet of trucks filled with the stuff. Colorado's going to have to deal with that level of intensity every week. With the level of play in the Pac 12 so far, that's not going to be easy.
Stanford, ASU, Arizona are probably winnable games.

Oregon State, WSU, USC, Utah, UCLA will be tougher games.

L
Once again your missing the point he has put Colorado at the center of the universe for 3 weeks. Can you imagine what that exposure would feel like for RU. That many ppl watching our games actually knowing we exist and routing for us. He will finish 500 but has already raised 2x the money Greg has raised and had a signature win. 4 years and counting for Schiano and Greg has never won a conference yet. This go around or last.

Louisville 2006. And who says he will win a conference. It ain't happening this year.

Whatever happens he's injected excitement into the fanbase the likes of which we can only dream of. I think a lot of people are simply jealous, being given dull, plodding chopping with a limited payoff instead of flash.

Reactions: RU Cheese
seems like this boards attention, the confidence of Colorado fans and boosters, being a media darling that made the Buffs must see tv and making
Boulder a possible destination for HS and portal talent along with filling the seats and getting boosters to pay for a winner.
He might bot have made Colorado a top program, but he put it in everuone's mind so he can try and turn a terrible program into a winning one making people forget had bad it was last year in order to make Colorado look like it is a top program now , even though it isn't.
He's making people belive the hype and not look at the product which isn't
as good as some seen to think, but forgetting Sanders is still in his firstyear trying to make Buffs better
Time to pivot back to Leipold's ballsack for the Greg haters. He won again today. No more Mora or Hafley for them to lap on.

Reactions: shields and sct1111
Nobody was expecting Colorado to beat Oregon and USC even with Travis Hunter
Obvioulsy Oregon is trying to play its best game with 2 point try after first TD and 300+ lb OL running trick plays.
Colorado is everybody's team to beat this year
Buffs could lose every remaining game this year and the recruit boom is still coming
They were flying to high anyway

g31SF6d.jpg
They've already won 3 times as many games as they won last year.

Reactions: brgRC90 and ashokan
Time to pivot back to Leipold's ballsack for the Greg haters. He won again today. No more Mora or Hafley for them to lap on.
If Lance wants the job I wouldn't complain if he got it.
My favorite is the KSU HC l Klieman, he took over a better program than
Leipold did, and with Lance having east and midwest ties while Cris mainly a Midwesterner Leipold might be a better fit

Reactions: Knight Shift
Float like a butterfly - sting like a bee
Now's the time for your best shot at me

eat-banana.gif

Oh Deion!

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Sanders was brought back to earth, lets see how he handles not being considered the greatest.
The hype he put out was entertaining , now he has to show some substance with his style.
But it was the insane expectation of his bandwagon fans that made Deion look like he could knock anyone out instead of seeing he had a ways t go before he makes the Buffs a success.
Sanders, to e, looks like he's going to make Colorado a winner because he'll get the talent looking Colorado's way and the Buff boosters will help hin reel them in

Leipold Elko and Dickert all 4-0 and starting out so far with nice sequels to last year. CGD visiting Duke for the first time ever for football for their game against ND next week
Someone here said Elko would never go to Rutgers. Forget who and why.
@MADHAT1 said it well- Leipold probably would not come here, and after our Ash experience, do we want a midwesterner? Still need to see a larger body of work.
Dickert who?

Someone here said Elko would never go to Rutgers. Forget who and why. Dickert who?
Dickert is WSU’s coach. 7-6 last year and 4-5 in conference.

His new OC Ben Arbuckle has worked wonders with their qb Cam Ward. He’s a name I’d mentioned for us but he was young, only 28. Goes to show not all young OCs are bad. Will Stein at Oregon is just 33 as well.

I suggested Elko as a possible name back then and someone did say that. I don’t know if it was true or not but him taking the Duke job makes me feel that it’s untrue because that’s certainly not an easy job. All of them have and Klieman have been mentioned in connection to the MSU job.

Sanders was brought back to earth, lets see how he handles not being considered the greatest.
The hype he put out was entertaining , now he has to show some substance with his style.
But it was the insane expectation of his bandwagon fans that made Deion look like he could knock anyone out instead of seeing he had a ways t go before he makes the Buffs a success.
Sanders, to e, looks like he's going to make Colorado a winner because he'll get the talent looking Colorado's way and the Buff boosters will help hin reel them in

Not sure he’ll stick around long enough. I assume he goes to the pros in 2025 with his sons

His new OC Ben Arbuckle has worked wonders with their qb Cam Ward. He’s a name I’d mentioned for us but he was young, only 28. Goes to show not all young OCs are bad. Will Stein at Oregon is just 33 as well.

I suggested Elko as a possible name back then and someone did say that. I don’t know if it was true or not but him taking the Duke job makes me feel that it’s untrue because that’s certainly not an easy job. All of them have and Klieman have been mentioned in connection to the MSU job.
Well if the RU and MSU job were both open this year, personally, I would think twice about MSU. Place is a dumpster fire.

Well if the RU and MSU job were both open this year, personally, I would think twice about MSU. Place is a dumpster fire.
Well all those guys took over dumpster fires and have done okay so far.

It’s a school that has been in the top 10 I think 3-4 times in the last 10 years so it’s a job with plenty of potential.

Well all those guys took over dumpster fires and have done okay so far.

It’s a school that has been in the top 10 I think 3-4 times in the last 10 years so it’s a job with plenty of potential.
MSU is a dumpster fire floating in a cesspool. Scummy place. Something wrong with it. F that place. In same category as Penn State.

I like it. You know I wonder if an effect of Deion being Deion and just being himself and letting it all hang out has had an influence on other coaches. Things that are normally said in the lockerroom privately are now being let out for everyone to see. Lanning here, Day going off on Holtz, Dickert talking about ESPN etc... I like seeing the coaches letting themselves out of the bag instead of the usual boring coachspeak. It can add to the fun lol. It is entertainment afterall.

Reactions: ashokan
I like it. You know I wonder if an effect of Deion being Deion and just being himself and letting it all hang out has had an influence on other coaches. Things that are normally said in the lockerroom privately are now being let out for everyone to see. Lanning here, Day going off on Holtz, Dickert talking about ESPN etc... I like seeing the coaches letting themselves out of the bag instead of the usual boring coachspeak. It can add to the fun lol. It is entertainment afterall.
Let it go the pro wrestling route. Heels vs good guys.

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Just watched Prime's post game...So- up until 4:51 in the presser- There was no I in Team...It was all about players not performing. They he did a quick mention of "We" as in himself and coaches and then immediately to players not stepping up.
What did I say earlier about the foxhole?

Cam Ward was a transfer from Incarnate Word, an FCS school. He was a very good QB there, and they've turned him into a very good P5 QB. Amazing what coaching does. Young coaches who know what they're doing are assets.

Colorado fans weren't expecting a win vs Oregon. Maybe with Hunter they thought they had a shot at an upset but that ended last week. Sanders said for weeks that he's 5-7 players short of being a great team. The OL/DL players are Patriot League level (a reason Sapp wants to coach DL). Col was greatful just to score. The shot at a winning season went to the hospital with Hunter but the momentum will continue.

Deion met Phil Knight for the first time at the game. Sanders was alienated from Nike when they underpaid him for one of their most popular training sneakers, and when Nike wouldn't help him with gear for his youth league team. Sanders went with UA the past years.

But a few months ago Nike and Sanders reconciled for a deal considered worth 10 million a year. Dan Lanning getting a Nike deal for his line of sneakers? The "clicks vs wins" thing makes no sense but Nike chasing Sanders does.

SC8ADq3.jpg

Last edited:
Cam Ward was a transfer from Incarnate Word, an FCS school. He was a very good QB there, and they've turned him into a very good P5 QB. Amazing what coaching does. Young coaches who know what they're doing are assets.
Yup I know. He actually came along with WSU’s previous OC Eric Morris who is now HC at UNT. Morris was a coach at IW. He’s a Leach tree coach too. Similar to Kittley bringing Zappe with him to WKU.

Arbuckle has actually taken Ward’s performance up a notch so far this year. He was solid last year but this year he’s been very productive.

Anybody else looking forward to watching Sanders crash and burn at Colorado? He just seems to be at an all time level of self-loving cockiness, even for him. I personally think he's way over his head and won't have as easy a time as he had in the SWAC.
Not me,I love watching him succeed each week. I just wonder why does it bother you so much??🤔🤔🤔

I never bet against Prime Time , you need players to win. His personality will attract the players. The question is will they have more wins then us next year. If that is the case then GS will be the one crashing and burning
I said the something earlier in the year when someone posted

You're drinking today Ima guess.
I know how happy and carefree you get on game days
You are on fentanyl I guess. BTW the game was yesterday not today. You must have been in a 36 hour coma for awhile.

Just watched Prime's post game...So- up until 4:51 in the presser- There was no I in Team...It was all about players not performing. They he did a quick mention of "We" as in himself and coaches and then immediately to players not stepping up.
What did I say earlier about the foxhole?
I disagree with you about prime. But I see you’re sticking to your guns. That’s admirable

Reactions: brgRC90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT