ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Princeton v Cornell

It's raining in Ithaca, as it is here. Would you want to sit in the stands right now?

Reactions: 17Q66
Don’t believe your lying eyes. The official attendance was 1,542. I know it’s true because I read it on the main stream media.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
My girlfriend, who comes with me to RU games of all sorts, graduated from Cornell. She went to one football game in her four years in Ithaca.

Just a bit of anecdotal evidence...

When the Cornell “C” is backwards on TV I’d say there is a right and wrong side.
There is no right and wrong side to the location if a press box. There is a right and wrong way to paint the midfield logo.

Princeton's game last week at home
My girlfriend, who comes with me to RU games of all sorts, graduated from Cornell. She went to one football game in her four years in Ithaca.

Not really. Much more students don't go to any sporting events while in college. Those that do are a small minority.

Reactions: goru1869
Played high school hoops against this New Milford NJ native of some Cornell football notoriety.

Was watching a preseason Vikings game circa 1973 and Ed was in the backfield. Announcer said."Marinaro set an Ivy League record for rushing yards," The color guy sniffed "Well this isn't the Ivy League" Next play he took a swing pass and went 55 yards for TD.

When the Cornell “C” is backwards on TV I’d say there is a right and wrong side.
That sounds like a personal “like” vs right or wrong. A&M switched its PB from the west side to the east side and the midfield logo is exactly as it has been for decades. The PB used to be over the alumni section and now it is over the student section…most complaints center about the scoreboard not being big enough! ☺️

Princeton's game last week at home

Not really. Much more students don't go to any sporting events while in college. Those that do are a small minority.
Depends if the school cares about sports. Nephew at Villanova only got tickets through the student lottery for half the games one year. I told him to learn how to play the triangle and join the band.

Depends if the school cares about sports. Nephew at Villanova only got tickets through the student lottery for half the games one year. I told him to learn how to play the triangle and join the band.
That’s really only for MBB there.

What @WhiteBus is saying is IMO a little closer to the truth.

Having family and friends connected to NOVA it’s MBB and that’s it. Unless you or a family member is on the team for another sport.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
There are schools where students turn out for sport after sport. First that comes to my mind is Wisconsin—football, hockey, basketball

There are schools where students turn out for sport after sport. First that comes to my mind is Wisconsin—football, hockey, basketball

Nebraska. Besides 85,000 for a losing football team they sell out woman's volleyball and other Olympic sports

And when they get Hockey, that too.

Don't hold your breath. Every Big 10 school that has a hockey team, and NJ for that matter, have solid HS programs. What NJ doesn't have, besides Title IX compliance for RU, is proximity to Canada. Are the any HS hockey teams at all in Nebraska?

Cornell is a hockey school
Hockey is big in upstate NY (#3 state for hockey according to # of player and programs) and I don't like it. Football is only sport I watch and I'm stuck in a basketball/lax/hockey state. Hence a reason I adopted NJ.

team, and NJ for that matter, have solid HS programs. What NJ doesn't have, besides Title IX compliance for RU, is proximity to Canada. Are the any HS hockey teams at all in Nebraska?
Yes…

But that doesn’t matter as look at the roster of Nebraska-Omaha (which is D1)…

Played high school hoops against this New Milford NJ native of some Cornell football notoriety.

I played football against him. He finished second in the Heisman voting in 1971. Went on to a pretty decent acting career (played Coffe in Hill Sreet Blues and was a regular on Laverne and Shirley for a while).

Reactions: ashokan

Plenty of people from my Era 99-03 never went to a Rutgers football game. I only did because I was in marching band for a spell.

I played football against him. He finished second in the Heisman voting in 1971. Went on to a pretty decent acting career (played Coffe in Hill Sreet Blues and was a regular on Laverne and Shirley for a while).

Lost the Heisman to Pat Sullivan, who basically won because of SEC bullet voting. Yup, even back then.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT