ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Providence loses to BC at home

That’s why you take NIT with a grain of salt.

Did like beating UVA and Todd Billett!

You mean to tell me a team that thought they should have been in the NCAA tournament mailed in their NIT game?? Huh.

Didnt think that ever happened…
Rutgers vs.Hofstra last season was a total embarrassment at the RAC.

Reactions: Joey Bacala
I'm surprised someone actually watched this game or any NIT games. Unless you were paid a fee and or free tickets, I would have no interest whatsoever in watching Providence vs BC.

Reactions: seansherm
I did watch having friends who are big into PC.

The most notable thing was they mentioned the two hadn't played in 6 years.

Not like there are lot's of New England options for top tier hoops out of conference match ups locally.

I understand why mutually both programs might want to skip it.

But unlike our situation when we talk about skipping Princeton or Seton Hall, no one is moaning about they need to play for the greater good or whatever in either place.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Rutgers vs.Hofstra last season was a total embarrassment at the RAC.

My sarcasm dial was turned to 12.

As more players sit out the NIT, much like players sitting out bowl games, I didn't think it was possible, but interest in this tournament will go down even further.

Kim has not made any excuses all year and last night was no exception. I will make excuses for him though poy out actually two starters and only had seven scholarship players suited up. With one of them being a player that has played six minutes all year. I wanted them to not accept the bid not because I thought they deserved to be in ncaa I didn't but did think Hall did. Kim wanted more playing time for his young guards. Also wanted his Center who followed him to PC to experience post season plsy for first time.BTW didn't Rutgers also lose 1st game in Nit last year.

The middle of the big east isn’t as good as they think they are. The bubble had a lot of weak teams.
The middle of any conference is obviously not as good as they think they are. Virginia finished in 3rd place in acc this year. How'd that look last night. Hall won 13 out of 20 games in a league with three top ten teams and four other bubble teams they deserved to be in.

The middle of any conference is obviously not as good as they think they are. Virginia finished in 3rd place in acc this year. How'd that look last night. Hall won 13 out of 20 games in a league with three top ten teams and four other bubble teams they deserved to be in.
Virginia was and is bad this year. My point is the bubble was full of weak teams. Thank goodness there were so many bid stealers. None of them belonged. The Hall won 13 games in what ended up being a weak conference overall. They needed to have one good OOC win and they couldn’t do it.

Virginia was and is bad this year. My point is the bubble was full of weak teams. Thank goodness there were so many bid stealers. None of them belonged. The Hall won 13 games in what ended up being a weak conference overall. They needed to have one good OOC win and they couldn’t do it.
Lol if they were bid stealers then they were worse then the teams on the bubble. Which in turn makes for worse teams in the tournament.

UVA didn't score a hoop for an hour last night-----11 minutes of game and an hour on the TV .

That's kind of hard to believe.

Reactions: friar10
UVA didn't score a hoop for an hour last night-----11 minutes of game and an hour on the TV .

That's kind of hard to believe.
We just watched an entire season of RU basketball, not only is it not hard to believe, we probably saw it happen a couple times this year already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT