ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R.I.P. - Tommy Davis

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand

Under rated player with those great Dodger teams of the 60's. Life time .294 hitter who won back to back batting championships and was on three WS championship teams.
R.I.P.

Under rated player with those great Dodger teams of the 60's. Life time .294 hitter who won back to back batting championships and was on three WS championship teams.
R.I.P.
You’re a morbid weirdo. Get a hobbie.

Last edited:
Great hitter & ballplayer. If memory serves me a bad ankle injury hurt his play RIP Tommy.

Not meant as a put down, but stat-wise, always thought his one season stood out from any of his others more than those of any other player I am aware of. His RBIs/runs produced were ridiculously great that year.

I see nothing wrong with making others aware of his passing.

Not meant as a put down, but stat-wise, always thought his one season stood out from any of his others more than those of any other player I am aware of. His RBIs/runs produced were ridiculously great that year.

I see nothing wrong with making others aware of his passing.
Agree. The 1962 season was just ridiculous. He wasn't even the top MVP vote getter on his own team. He finished third overall in the voting. Maury Wills was first and Willie Mays was second .
He still did hit over .300 five more times during his career

Last edited:
Recognizing the passing of someone who I think many board members followed in their younger days is not something that I would consider morbid.
Sorry you feel that way.
You don’t have to report every death out there creep. You do it constantly. If it’s somebody very newsworthy or relative to RU than fine, but you just seem to stalk the obituaries looking for anything to report.

You don’t have to report every death out there creep. You do it constantly. If it’s somebody very newsworthy or relative to RU than fine, but you just seem to stalk the obituaries looking for anything to report.
I think that you maybe in the minority here, but thanks anyway for your opinion. Not sure why you have to resort to insults. If you are, try to do something a little more biting than "creep" and "weirdo".
Now I would agree with you if I had mentioned the passing of C.W. McCall.

Also if this bothers you, just put me on ignore. I heard that works.

Last edited:
It also seems that in the past two years I've started a total of 12 "R.I.P." threads. An average of one every two months.

you just seem to stalk the obituaries looking for anything to report.
One of my daily cores as a youngster was to fetch the newspaper from the carrier box and deliver it to my Mom.

She would immediately open to the obituaries and scan them for anyone she knew. If there was one, she'd phone her friends to make sure they knew. Then she and her church lady friends would get to work preparing food, ordering flowers, scheduling who would call when (you didn't want everyone to come at once and have the bereaved alone other times) and finding out what else they could do to help the family.

When we croak we'll be lucky to get a Twitter like. It's progress I suppose.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
R.I.P.

149817.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT