ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Really long friendships.

My father, RU class of 1932, remained very friendly with a classmate of his after graduation. The classmate's son and I were introduced to each other as babies. We (both class of 1964) became roommates when we were at Rutgers. We and our respective wives continue to be good friends. So, since the fathers met each other as freshmen in 1928, it will be 93 years of family friendship in September.
THAT is an amazing story! Thanks for sharing that!

Reactions: ManasquanMike
Just had a beer at my buddy who I've been friends with for 25 years or so. We became friends just after HS.

My best bud I've been friends with for 15 years or so. I see him fairly regurlarly.

Some of my longer term friends we see maybe once or twice a year.

My hockey buddies, which are more recently made, are weekly post game chill outs.

Amen to that. Post game beers with friends after hockey games at Hackensack and Floyd Hall Arena are what it’s all about.

My two good friends I met sophomore/junior year of high school and we see each other often. One of them I see once a week. We cook and watch This is Us...lol
I could never end that friendship, she knows way too much about me. 🤣
I'm also close with my first bf from HS which is over 20yrs ago. I guess when you spend so much time with someone and it ends in a civil way there is no need to burn bridges.
It's good to be able to keep friends of the opposite sex. I have 4-5 females I keep in touch with that I have been friends with for over 20 years. My wife is not the jealous type and it makes my life so much easier. She is friends with all of them, one she even put in her wedding party and the rest were all at the wedding. Another stayed with us when she was visiting from Indiana. A couple of them may be better friends with her now than me, which is kinda funny, they make plans to get together without me sometimes

Amen to that. Post game beers with friends after hockey games at Hackensack and Floyd Hall Arena are what it’s all about.
Kind of funny, but my hockey buds are always trying to have bbq's or team outings are whatever, and I'm not really looking to go beyond post game chilling. I don't see nearly enough of my long time friends so I'm not looking to add more to the mix.

though some guys are talking meeting up at the gym. I could see that. That keeps it in that same lane.

SG, just read a book called Poison Springs by Johnny Boggs. It is a book of fiction, but based on a real Civil War battle in the Camden, Arkansas area. During the same time period, there was a battle at Jenkins Ferry. In one, Confederates killed surrendering Union soldiers. In the other, the Union slaughtered surrendering Confederates. Although I was a History Major, I didn’t have much interest in the Civil War and very little in wars. The book is very interesting about how an Arkansas family makes it through some very tough times from the point of view of a 13 year-old boy.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
@RUScrew85 and @herdof3 have been friends since 3rd grade.....so 40+ years.

I have many friends from HS that I still see and some friends from elementary school that I keep in touch with via social media.

Pelk is @herdof3 that makes complete sense now thinking about it. And it always shocked me that NewWaveDave wasn't your hubbies alter ego given all his wall posters and hair style

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT